Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM #1
madhops0620

Earbuds

Well, my skullcandys broke again for the 4th or 5th time over a period of about two years, and I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds. I'm not an audiophile, so the quality doesn't have to be amazing, just decent. My pair of Skullcandy smokin buds was just fine in sound quality, the problem was just the wire breaking where the wire connects to the jack. I'm not rough with my earbuds, I try to take care of them for the most part but the wire breaking in Skullcandy's seems to be a common problem. I'm willing to spend up to $60, any suggestions?

Also, I'm willing to try other Skullcandys, Ive heard about the FMJ and titanium, but I don't know much about them or if they are any more durable.

EDIT: I actually own the smokin buds, not ink'd

The Marine shrugged and replied: "Recoil"

Last edited by madhops0620 : 07-30-2010 at 11:16 PM.
madhops0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM #2
GlittermekaiN
Propah Noize

GlittermekaiN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was looking at these the other day:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Sport_II.html

I need something that can hold up to being a little rough (Working out at the gym.) and I found a lot of good reviews about Sennheiser earbuds.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM #3
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Just snag some JVC marshmallows. Cheap, better than skullcandy, and wont break so easily.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM #4
madhops0620

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlittermekaiN View Post

I need something that can hold up to being a little rough (Working out at the gym.) and I found a lot of good reviews about Sennheiser earbuds.
They got some pretty good reviews on buzzillions. They look like nice earbuds, too, I might give them a try. The only thing I'm worried about is that many of the reviews said they don't block out much of the noise. I don't need noise cancelling earbuds, but noise isolation would be nice. I might pick up a pair of these for running though

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/s...eviews?prRo=10

The Marine shrugged and replied: "Recoil"
madhops0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 PM #5
GlittermekaiN
Propah Noize

GlittermekaiN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Just snag some JVC marshmallows. Cheap, better than skullcandy, and wont break so easily.
JVC marshmallows are like the default answer to earbuds. And they have earned their title. I'm just a fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhops0620 View Post
They got some pretty good reviews on buzzillions. They look like nice earbuds, too, I might give them a try. The only thing I'm worried about is that many of the reviews said they don't block out much of the noise. I don't need noise cancelling earbuds, but noise isolation would be nice. I might pick up a pair of these for running though

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/s...eviews?prRo=10
Noise isolation is pretty much innate when it comes to earbuds. The design, by default, isolates your eardrums. Some may be better than others, but I've never had a time when there was too much **** going on outside of my music that I needed to ignore, and if there was; it was probably something important like cars.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 AM #6
snprgy

I'd recommend something lower end from sennheiser or anything from meelec
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:51 PM #7
aka. (Banned)

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE115-K-...05818&sr =1-1

$65
aka. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 PM #8
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka. View Post

They are amazing
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM #9
sdwinder9x
neon nights

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
JVC marshmallows are like the default answer to earbuds. And they have earned their title. I'm just a fanboy.

Noise isolation is pretty much innate when it comes to earbuds. The design, by default, isolates your eardrums. Some may be better than others, but I've never had a time when there was too much **** going on outside of my music that I needed to ignore, and if there was; it was probably something important like cars.
How does the bass sound on these guys? Can you hear the bass at all?

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.
sdwinder9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 PM #10
Kenny_McCormick

I have have a pair of Coby CV-E92 sound isolation earbuds with skullcandy rubber for 2 years now, they cost ~$6 and work/sound fine. Good bass until they get full of wax, at which point I put em in a cup of 99% rubbing alcohol and play Tom Sawyer at full volume a few times while I clean up the rubbers with a Q-tip.
Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Kenny_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 PM #11
inuyasharox4776
Its fun to do bad things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weng View Post

They are amazing
x2

Cannot beat them for the price. I <3 Shure. I've tried a number of different brands but always end up going back to them.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM #12
sdwinder9x
neon nights

Again, how is the bass? Can you hear it or not? If not, it's not worth my money. Granted, I'm not expecting a 12" kicker in my ear, but I want to hear the bassline at least.

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 PM #13
inuyasharox4776

If your looking for dat derr bass go get some Skullcandys. If you want quality earbuds, Shure is where its at. The bass isn't muddled, but it also very prominent.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 PM #14
sdwinder9x
neon nights

I'm not expecting thumping bass. I just want to hear basslines in EDM tunes. I wouldn't waste money on Skull Kandies. Those things are absolutely garbage.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 PM #15
claustin10

I picked up a pair of ultimate ears superfi-4's a while back for $30, and for the price I haven't found anything that beats them in terms of sound quality. The bass could be a little better but otherwise they work great.
claustin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:14 PM #16
edudcixlsyd
ya boi

Quote:

The Sennheiser ear buds I had, had a really long and fragile input
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
They don't stay in very well
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM #17
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-6-E.../dp/B002OR6OFW

If you don't want to spend all $60 in your budget, you can get some fantastic ear buds for $40. I just got them after browsing around head-fi for far too long.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM #18
psyco_fade (Banned)
Mods can't even handle me

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well, if you're willing to spend a little more than $60, then get a pair of Klipsch Image S4s. They're literally the best headphones you can get for under $100. In some of the reviews about them, people say that they sound just as good as headphones that cost twice as much.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:26 PM #19
inuyasharox4776

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco_fade View Post
Well, if you're willing to spend a little more than $60, then get a pair of Klipsch Image S4s. They're literally the best headphones you can get for under $100. In some of the reviews about them, people say that they sound just as good as headphones that cost twice as much.
I've owned a pair of klipsch before. They were either those ones or some very similar. They are very balanced earbuds, but the problem is they aren't very durable. The wires began to fringe soon after I bought them, and they ultimately broke because the actual earbuds split apart and tore all the internals out with it. Mind you I was quite gentle with them. Also, they have a knack to tangle in itself easily.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 AM #20
psyco_fade (Banned)
Mods can't even handle me

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hmm, I haven't had any problems with mine so far and I've owned them for about a year or so. I don't think you had the S4s, they have a 2 year warranty so you could have got that **** RMA'd as soon as it happened.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 AM #21
inuyasharox4776

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco_fade View Post
hmm, I haven't had any problems with mine so far and I've owned them for about a year or so. I don't think you had the S4s, they have a 2 year warranty so you could have got that **** RMA'd as soon as it happened.
Yeah that was a derp on my part.
And I just checked, I had the Custom-2's. They retailed for 200$, but I got them for 60$ I believe.