Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM #1
iLovPieNCake

Lurker Control Freak Poppet

I am looking through the Lurker website and I find that they are working on a Control Freak poppet.

Quote:
The Mini 'Control Freak' Poppet is a self regulating style of poppet that we hope can essentially "Auto-Tune" the dynamics of the Mini's complex poppet firing system. This will allow users to run with the velocity adjuster fully open without fear of inefficiency or poppet stick. Because of the extraordinary sensitivity of this project, which we hope will give valuable insight to the operation of all markers, there is no release date planned at this time.
Can we get a preview Lurker ?
iLovPieNCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 PM #2
Darkwulf
Pops!

Darkwulf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Not seen much about the poppet yet but there is a reivew on the new bolt from Lurker for the mini a little farther down in the forum.

Invert Paintball
Boss Paintball
Originally posted by FatalKitty: edward norton rox my sox
Originally posted by Ninja 1058: the more you play with it, the more you know how it operates and such
Originally posted by pballin16: Not at all, and I just played with mine a few hours ago.
Darkwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:40 AM #3
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
I thought he stopped development on the poppet when the v3 stock one came out.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 AM #4
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
^ we haven't done much. Now that the bolts are out I will look into it more thoroughly but I'm much more satisfied with the stock design since they added the spring, yes.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 AM #5
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
^ we haven't done much. Now that the bolts are out I will look into it more thoroughly but I'm much more satisfied with the stock design since they added the spring, yes.
Hey Lurker, I have a question about the description of your poppet design.

"This will allow users to run with the velocity adjuster fully open without fear of inefficiency or poppet stick"

Now you said that kee fixed this problem by adding the spring.

I was wondering if how far you have your velocity adjuster screwed in affects the mini's efficiency with new poppet with spring?

Cause if I screw the adjuster all the way in, then back it out 3/4 of a turn I'm shooting around 300fps with stock settings. If I was then to tune the mini, lower dwell and what not I would have to start screwing the velocity adjuster out to make up for lowering the dwell/psi. Now though...does unscrewing the velocity cap to say flush or a bit in from flush make me loose the efficiency gain from tuning, or does it not matter?

I'm leaning towards that it lowers efficiency since I noticed if I dry fired my gun with the adjuster all the way in I could shoot way more shots then if it was 3/4 of a turn out. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and I should unscrew it to around flush and I won't loose efficiency!!

Help me! lol
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:08 AM #6
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I suspect having the adjuster in makes it easier to have an efficient gun stock, yes. The adjuster will work against the pressure:

Open adjuster needs to Lower pressure
Close adjuster, needs to Raise pressure

And higher pressures tend to be more efficient via lowering mechanical dwell
Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM #7
reddead38

sounds interesting.. well im hoping that the control freak does work as its suppost to.. cant wait for it to come out.
Invert Avatar
reddead38 is offline   Reply With Quote