BYOP moves to open play Fridays!
Bring your own Paint Moves to open play Fridays. Starting 2015!
We have had to change our BYOP policy after recognizing some problems in our changing industry and enforcement issues on busy days at Blitz.
1. There has been a proliferation of "oil" based paint in Big box stores. This paint is not marked making it hard to regulate. This paint often stains and is very hard to clean and sometimes dries like gum. We cannot allow this paint.
2. Safety issues arise and we have to test all BYOP paint to allow it on the field and insure it breaks properly. This is very difficult to enforce once a player leaves the front.
3. It is about the same cost to BYOP if you pay the BYOP fee as it is to shoot our paint offering no real advantage.
4. Rampant abuse. We have often seen groups pay for a small amount of paint while refilling from paint hidden in their cars. Since we were allowing BYOP it was very difficult to regulate since there are multiple colors being shot and abuse of the system is not easy to see.
5. Only 4% of our customers paid to BYOP making the enforcement of the policy cost prohibitive.
We wish to continue to offer BYOP for those customers but we will now do this in the far more controlled environment of walk on Fridays where we will have the ability to properly inspect and regulate the paint. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but believe this will help customers have an overall better and safer experience on the weekends.
Moving forward in 2015, Blitz paintball Shell colors and fill colors from our manufacture'r will be protected so we will quickly be able to identify outside paint.
Please read the rules below.
BYOP $25 – Open play Fridays only ( Fridays from Memorial day – Labor Day “June-August”) There is no BYOP at any other time!
BYOP RULES = No oil based paints. You must use your own gun. You may not bring red or pink paint. All BYOP paint must be tested at the front to insure proper break-ability, must not stain and must be a 100% PEG ball (No Oil based paints such as Stinger, Infinity and many other brands). This means most of the very cheap Paintball's you find in Box stores. Many of these paints are Vegetable/Fish oil and are not allowed at Blitz.