PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 PM #1
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

South Eastern Pump League

S.E.P.L
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138430696195723 (To make it easier to keep track of changes and be notified for events!)
For all the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia (and any other teams from other states who wish to join.

Me along with a few others are planning a Pump league down here in the South East. The Pump community has been steadily rising, but it is not yet anywhere near the numbers of our West Coast comrades, or our fellow pumpers in the North East.

So, to help boost numbers, a few members here are considering starting this competitive pump league. The tournaments would not start till January of 2011 in order to kick off the year on a good note. There will be 4 separate events at the end of each month that the events take place.

Layout will vary, and we will update on here.

It will be a 3 man set up. (We would like 5 man, but feel our numbers can't sustain a 5 man just yet)

Locations/Events:
Event one: Saturday Jan. 29, 2011. Atlanta Georgia (Field TBA)
Event two: Saturday May 28, 2011. (we're thinking southern Georgia) (Field TBA)
Event three: Saturday August 27, 2011 Thinking Jacksonville or perhaps another place in Georgia (field TBA)
Event four (final): December 17, 2011 Tampa, FL (Field TBA)

(We wish to keep the events for the most part in Georgia, except for the Final game due to location. It seems like the best state to host most of them for to make it fair for everyone.)
(I personally am from South FLorida, so there is no Georgia Bias there.)

Prizes:
Medals for 1st - 3rd place
Free Entry to the next event for the first place team

Entry: $90 per team
Paint: Field Paint Only

Rules and how the games will be run:
I will be using NPPL Rules for this series. But instead of a 5 man, it is a 3 man.
If you guys have 6 or more players on your team, you can enter 2 teams, a team A and team B, but only 3 people wil be awarded medals of either first, second or this. So for example, say I enter 2 teams, and say my team B wins. The team A guy won't receive medals.
I am still thinking on how the medals will be awarded if substitutions are in order.

The games will be single knock outs, best 3 out of 5 games with 2 minutes in between each game. And after a team is knocked off, there will be 5 minutes before the next set of games starts.

The way the games will be matched up is the following: there will be brackets, and the way teams will be matched up: each team name will be placed on a piece of paper and folded very small... refs will pick one, and then another, the two teams picked will face off each other and placed in a bracket.

There will be two center flags, (red/blue team flags). to win, you can either eliminate the entire enemy team, or you take the flag and run it to the other team's dead box. A flag capture is an automatic win. The other team could have all 3 of their players still in the game, but if someone manages to run their flag to the deadbox, the team that captured the flag, wins.
- I like making things interesting, if you eliminate everyone on the other team, you can not run the flag for extra points, so you won't be awarded 35 points.
- the most you can score in any game would be 30 points, 10 for eliminating 2 enemy players, and 20 for flag capture
- as soon as the last player is eliminated that is game over, and you can no longer run the flag.

5 points for each player eliminated
20 points for scoring the flag.

PUMP GUNS: no pneumatic assists or double barreled pumps. MQ'd Pump guns are allowed.

PAINT CAP: 100 balls per person (you can pick off the ground if you must).
- to make things more interesting, if you need paint from a team mate, than you must go to him, no tossing paint to each other.
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.".

Last edited by Scharfschutze91 : 08-08-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM #2
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
just as a side note, all of this is TBA and can be switched around: we have a full 5 months to plan, lets make it happen for everybody
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 PM #3
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
mister2driver plays in the APPA D4 division
mister2driver supports Empire
Good luck on getting this league going. Keep pump play alive!!!!

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM #4
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

thank you!
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.".
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM #5
overshot01
Social Paintball

67 views, three replies, one from a guys on the west coast.

come on guys, anybody interested?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 PM #6
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sure I can think of 4 guys to form my team with.

BTW just so that you know most fields won't make enough money if u do $90 + FPO.

Think of it this way.

On average GFOA has about 16-20 teams in D5. My guess is you might get 12-14 teams at most. So you will make $1260(14 * 90) in entry fee alone.

That is not every much money for putting on an event + getting refs + getting prizes + splitting the profits with the field.

*edit* Also since pump play doesn't require too much paint, the fields won't be very happy to only sell 14-21 cases of paint (avg of 1-1.5 cases of paint). Too little profits.

Last edited by noclue119 : 07-22-2010 at 06:51 PM.
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:52 PM #7
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
But i would be interested in playing if u put it on.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM #8
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

hmm, good point. we could always make it more. and remember, it's a 3 man, so we won't need the average number of refs for a 5 man. But we'll take that into consideration.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 PM #9
overshot01
Social Paintball

also: nobody is in this to make money. we're just simply wanting some people to play against :\
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM #10
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

exactly... i don't care for profit. just give the money to field to get refs for the event. and the field gets free publicity and the chance to host a major event...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM #11
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

I just dont know who to play with....
if you let me use my dm8 then i can play with some cool kids.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 AM #12
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
First thing to consider, don't worry about the $$$. If that's the first thought or emphasis, it's not going to work. Start small, grow big. There's no need to even compare this to a D5 division in a well established league.

I ran the FPPL for two years at the biggest field in Florida, and the field owner was more than happy to have us and knew he was going to make very little money off of us. So the big thing there is finding fields who will buy into the idea of an event that will make them very little, but provide them a lot.

If you guys need help with anything, let me know.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
mrmag911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 AM #13
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
If you truly just want to play against each other, it would say get a field to sponsor pump only day on 1 or 2 of the field. I think that is doable. But if you want to set up a tournament where the field has to reject walk on play, it better be worth their time. The fields are in the for the money. So I think if your approach is to close down the field, a better fee/money structure is needed.

Here is the reason why I don't think they will go for the idea for shutting down for a pump tourney.

I will use Classic Paintball as an example. I go there most often and has a good idea of the clientèle.

Classic usually gets over 90 (60 rental, 30 own their marker) people come out to play on any given day (only open Saturday or Sunday)
Rental is $35,
Field and all day air fee is $20
Case of paint is $40 for the cheapest

On average a person will use 1/3 case of paint in a days play.

60*$35 = $2100 from rental
30*$20 = $600 from bring their own gun
90/3*40 = $1200 from paint sales.

So grand total is $3900 worth of income(revenue). They need to make at least that to shut down the field.

My other suggestion would be to find a decent field near a Major city. Maybe 1-2 hrs outside of the Metro area(i.e. Macon, GA would be better than Atlanta). The reason is that the fields are not use to seeing the 90-150 crowd. So having a lot of pump players there maybe a good incentive for the field to cater to us.

Also, I live in Atlanta, I can talk with Classic Paintball or Arkenstone about getting a pump only day on 1-2 fields. Are you guys more interested in a speedball or woodsball style of play.

Like I said I really want to play against other pump players but I think we need to consider the need of the fields, players and organizers in order to make it a successful and more importantly an on-going event.

Last edited by noclue119 : 07-23-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 AM #14
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Do most fields in your area only have one air ball field? No field around here has had to shut down for a pump event. Maybe we just have different size fields down here.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
mrmag911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 AM #15
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag911 View Post
Do most fields in your area only have one air ball field? No field around here has had to shut down for a pump event. Maybe we just have different size fields down here.
Well classic Paintball currently has 2 speedball field, 1 spool and 1 city field. Let me talk to them today. Maybe they will let us.

Last edited by noclue119 : 07-23-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 AM #16
overshot01
Social Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Also, I live in Atlanta, I can talk with Classic Paintball or Arkenstone about getting a pump only day on 1-2 fields. Are you guys more interested in a speedball or woodsball style of play.

Like I said I really want to play against other pump players but I think we need to consider the need of the fields, players and organizers in order to make it a successful and more importantly an on-going event.
agreed man. the real reason for any interest in this type of thing is just to organize the se pump scene and try and progress forward. right now, there's not much progression...if at all. i think that pump meets that have events attached to them are the way to go, do it once a quarter
Old 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM #17
AshleyCushing08

gd morning
AshleyCushing08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM #18
shadow102
Mazdaspeed

shadow102 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shadow102 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
very interested in this hopefully everything works out and this can get off the ground
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM #19
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

spool fields and "city" fields dont make for the best tournament setups....
Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 AM #20
overshot01
Social Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimewitamind View Post
spool fields and "city" fields dont make for the best tournament setups....
lol, classic still has two airball fields, one xball i think? -- very nice field, always has a good group of rec players and would make a great venue for a pump meet; not just a tourney
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 AM #21
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

we just have to pick a field that has multiple air ball fields, so that we don't interfere with daily activities and walkons. i don't see how a field could have a problem with us having a tournament there... it brings in more people that relatively would never have gone to that field in the first place, publicity and money. But we could make the price $120 instead of $90, depending on how much it would cost to get medals, and refs.