PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM #1
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
locations

with all the talk about the nor cal event being canceled and people wanting an event in washington or nevada, it got me thinking. with the WCPPL being a league for the players, why dont they ask the players? this sounds a bit crazy but if you get enough players to commit to an area it in theory could work. you would throw out some locations and have it be voted on by the population that makes the WCPPL up.

i know it is very hard and cost alot of money to run a league, thats why i am not doing it. in no way am i disrespecting hinman or anyone else of the WCPPL, i realize that the money that was lost last year is a very very high amount and it takes alot of money to move everything that is needed. we all want low entry fees and we will take them even if it means keeping local. i also understand how stupid this may sound to some.
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM #2
Bhreze
WCPPL D2X 2015

Annual Supporting Member
Bhreze owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I understand where you are coming from and the logic surrounding what you have presented. However, there are no plans, to date, to incorporate an out of state venue for this series in the immediate future (meaning the 2011 season). Not to say that in the future seasons that it won't be possible. Therefore, the WCPPL shall not formally solicit players input on a venture that the league has no plans of making at this time. It would be wrong to tease players in that fashion.

The WCPPL will continue to be a league for the players and we try very hard to hold our feet to the fire in this regard. For the 2010 season, the WCPPL not only lowered the cost for teams to participate, but also adopted the RaceTo- format, which has become the most popular and exciting format to play. We have still provided avenues for player participation in deciding which layouts they would like to play, a carry-over from the practices of the 2009 season. Hinman has always and will always have an open door policy for players to share ideas and concern to keep the league on course to a continued growth in addition to maintaining a high player satisfacation. So keep the suggestions coming and we'll keep working on providing the very best platforms for players to exhibit their talents.

Thanks to all of you for making the WCPPL the premier league of the West Coast.

~Bhreze~

Last edited by Bhreze : 07-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Bhreze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:52 PM #3
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
it was more of a theoretical idea than a practical one
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM #4
crashoveride

crashoveride supports Cereal Killerz 2
crashoveride plays in the APPA beginner division
contract*killa thanks for getting the word going, think the more people keep the idea alive it can happen. Lets all try our best from the West Coast to head to WCPPL and help them grow.
crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 PM #5
Babyspice7
Come at me bro!

Babyspice7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyspice7 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyspice7 is for the Gunfight
I agree with you but think about a lot of the younger players (under 18) who may have trouble traveling either because of money or parental consent and when you add in either gas or plane tickets its not easy.

Either way still be cool if the league could be expanded, even though it was just a theoritical idea.

Edit: But the turnout is still important because nevada probably doesn't have a lot of teams or enough and thats why it won't work

Temporary Free Agent. D3 or D2. Get at me!

Last edited by Babyspice7 : 08-13-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Babyspice7 is offline   Reply With Quote