PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 PM #1
mrmike7822

mrmike7822 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Crossfire Question

I have a Crossy 70/45 HP and my friend has a Crossy 45/45 LP. We want to switch tanks but I want a HP tank so how easy it to switch the regs? Its the older blue and red regulators.
mrmike7822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2010, 10:07 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
need an airsmith. those regs are loctited on. need real proper care or both tanks could be ruined.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
It's fairly easy.
Make sure both tanks are empty and remove a either the gauge or fill nipple and then opposing burst disc; I would recommend writing/etching very lightly what port is for what since it's critical to get the burst discs back in the proper place.
Use a strap wrench to hold the tanks and a proper sized wrench to remove the regs. Screw them back on hand tight, ensuring it's not cross threading and the o-ring is not coming out of the groove. Take the wrench and tighten it back up, ensuring it can't be removed without tool force. Place the burst discs/gauge/nipple back into it's proper place and be on you way.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:42 PM #4
alc9020

I just removed one the other day. The good thing about Crossfires Regs is they have wrench flats. I had someone hold the tank and I used an adjustable wrench and it came right off.
alc9020 is offline   Reply With Quote