PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 PM #1
mrmike7822

mrmike7822 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Crossfire Question

I have a Crossy 70/45 HP and my friend has a Crossy 45/45 LP. We want to switch tanks but I want a HP tank so how easy it to switch the regs? Its the older blue and red regulators.
mrmike7822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
need an airsmith. those regs are loctited on. need real proper care or both tanks could be ruined.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It's fairly easy.
Make sure both tanks are empty and remove a either the gauge or fill nipple and then opposing burst disc; I would recommend writing/etching very lightly what port is for what since it's critical to get the burst discs back in the proper place.
Use a strap wrench to hold the tanks and a proper sized wrench to remove the regs. Screw them back on hand tight, ensuring it's not cross threading and the o-ring is not coming out of the groove. Take the wrench and tighten it back up, ensuring it can't be removed without tool force. Place the burst discs/gauge/nipple back into it's proper place and be on you way.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM #4
alc9020

I just removed one the other day. The good thing about Crossfires Regs is they have wrench flats. I had someone hold the tank and I used an adjustable wrench and it came right off.
alc9020 is offline   Reply With Quote