PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-22-2011, 01:20 PM #22
Wes.Tones
Coloradical

I'm thinking of buying a field just to move around and possibly start a paintball club run by Ray's Paintball in Grand Junction. Details to come.
Wes.Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 AM #23
fanelli70

fanelli70 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes.Tones View Post
I'm thinking of buying a field just to move around and possibly start a paintball club run by Ray's Paintball in Grand Junction. Details to come.

that'd be tight!

Chaos Paintball
fanelli70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM #24
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

Tinnmann owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smile

FTP has built a small field for woodsball play next to the interstate in Clifton. Any and all are welcome to come play on Sundays @ 10:00 AM with us. You all will just need to sign an annual waiver so that the property owner can be protected if an injury does happen. $3.00 all day air to help keep the compressor serviced and running properly that is all. Bring your own paint. Have fun. Suggestions for field improvements are always welcome. If you need CO2 please get in touch with us. One of our team mates has CO2 and fill station but does not always come to play as he owns and runs his own business so is sometimes tied up with work. We also have the ability to fill scuba tanks if you just need some air. www.teamfeelthepaint.com
www.feelthepaint.teamopolis.com
Tinnmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM #25
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

Awesome Wes.....let me know if there is anything we can do to help!!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 PM #26
D.K. Burrows
HI

Wes hit me up with some more details bro! I'd like to know about this

"THE SHOW" Takin over!

ANSGEAR.COM
D.K. Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:16 PM #27
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
is the ftp field the one with the little church thing? there are like 3 paintball spots you can see on the interstate...

everyone can thank whoever decided to try and refill a scuba tank with their shop compressor for adventure sports not filling tanks. they will still fill the small tanks like 68-4500 but they aren't renting out the scubas anymore. it cost them a bunch to clean out their entire system from whoever did that.

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:33 PM #28
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

Yes, the church thing is where FTP is at. I guess you can't blame the scuba shop for not renting anymore if someone was that stupid.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 AM #29
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

So as you all well know I have tried numerous times to get the BLM to talk to me about using some land for a public field. They have been very uncooperative in even talking to me. Recently Colorado West Paintball Club has been formed here in the Grand Valley. We are setting up as a Non-Profit Organization and hopefully once it is place we will once again try to approach BLM and see if we can get some property set aside for paintball. There are 2 gun clubs that take care of the shooting range and there are all kinds of trails for the JEEP clubs so if we approach them as a CLUB we may get them to listen instead blowing off an individual team as I tried to do last year. We need to bring the entire paintball community together here so that we can make something happen so that is why the formation of this club. This club WILL be supporting ALL paintball not just woodsball. Ray's paintball and TC Paintball are on board with this as well as myself as I volunteered as the VP of this club to help get the ball rolling here. Post up here if you have any suggetions or want any info on the club. We are at the stage of recruiting members now. Bylaws, Motto, Creed, Rules and such have been made so that the paperwork can be being filed with the state and Fed govt which is beig filed now so we can get this thing off the ground.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 AM #30
Ericc
Eric McCosker

That is some great news! Thanks for the update

SupportLocalPaintball!!!
Ericc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM #31
ripdisc

I thought BLM was public and you could play on it? or is it a problem of having obstacles and such set up permanently? I was told there was some land BLM had for paintball past that horse place on 29 rd or somewhere out there? No idea.
Obviously you know what you are talking about. Post up in here if you need things. As far as recruiting members what do you need us to do? I am more than willing to help!

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 03-24-2011, 07:12 PM #32
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

You are absolutley right. We can play on BLM but we cannot build any type of structure or bunkers. Well, we can but they must be removed after each days play. In order to provide a fun and safe environment we would need to have some items. Safety nets around the staging areas, chronographs, safety signs, etc. Plus we would need to get some blow up bunkers for the SPEEDBALL style players. Ideally I think private land somewhere here in town would be a better but so far no one has been able to find anyone with land willing to do this. And the prospect of public land is pretty cool in the respect that it would be just that, open to the public. So if you wanted to go play on a Wednesday afternoon with some buddies you can. Of course there will still be a problem with policing the area and fixing things that will get destroyed by the open public as well. As a club we could hopefully get BLM to allocate some land for this. All that is really needed right now is to get players to join the club so that when everything is in place we could go to BLM and say" We are a club with a charter of 200 people that have joined and we would like a place to play paintball. BLM is more likely to show more interest with a bigger club than one that has say only 10 or 15 people see where I am going with this? Now let's talk about the down side of this. There will be annual club dues of $60 per year. A club cannot exist with out some sort of moneys. And with this club just getting started it may take a while to find land and such to build this paintball dream. So if you paid your dues there may not be much return on them this first year. That is the horrible part that people would like to see something for their money's worth. But as a Non-Profit club and you being a dues paying member you have full rights to ask where the club money is being used for at anytime. This will hopefully ease some peoples minds in knowing what their money is being or not being used on. With the formation of this club no officers are being paid salaries or junk like that. So I could sit here and talk everyones hear off but to put it in a nut shell. We need members to join the club so that we can be represented in numbers to either build a Public course with BLM approval or we build a private course if we can find land. I will post up the date and time of the next monthly members meeting. For all of you that are interested please come and see what it is we are trying to do and see if this is something you would like to support. Again there is no quick fix for the lack of paintball facilities here in the grand valley so remeber it won't happen over night but rest assured we will be doing everything in our power to get this club up and going and to find a place for us ALL to play paintball.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM #33
ripdisc

exactly what i was thinking. I will join and i can get some more members who dont use pbn as well. I am willing to contribute funds...$60 a year is nothing to have a nice place to play. I can get tons of pallets and possibly some plastic oil drums if it goes through. we used to do stuff like this in wyoming and build trenchs and all sorts of fun stuff, but noone cares what you do in wyoming.

Have been trying to move out around fruita and get some land to set up some stuff like this but just hasnt happened.

i still need to come out and just play with you guys. i would go to that event in utah but i have to work that weekend.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 PM #34
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

That is awesome, you joining and getting your friends involved as well. Searching for a place to play paintball is of course our highest priority. It is just real hard to find land at a reasonable price or even anyone willing to allow us to play on their land. In many other places, the field is private and when there is a game of any kind there is a field fee like say $10 and so the property owner would get like $2 to $5 dollars per head when ever the property is used. That gives them a little bit of money in their pockets on useless land that they could do nothing with ya know. Unfortunately every person that we have talked to so far is either not willing or they want us to make their entire land payment for them....GREEDY. There is no way we could ever afford to do that with only playing on the weekends. So I think the BLM land is our best option. Once we can grow in numbers and get the Non-Profit thing finished we will be ready to approach them on the subject. Please do come out and play. We would love to have ya. We play almost every Sunday. Post up either here or on our website and let me know if you are gonna bring others with ya too so I can be ready.... Sometimes I get a bit lazy and just run off of one of my Bulk air tanks but if you plan on bringing lots of players I will make sure all of the air tanks are filled and ready k?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 PM #35
ripdisc

what happened with that spot off c road or whatever in east OM?
we played with you guys there a couple times. we played in gateway canyon and under the redlands bridge and out by the river in fruita and out along little park road. fun little changes of scenery but it is much more fun having some stuff set up amongst some natural cover, and none of those were great spots. sounds like you are going about this exactly right.
definatly have to try to play soon i will let you know and see who else i can bring.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 04-01-2011, 07:46 PM #36
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

So that place up on OM that we (FTP) built for Velocity Paintball was repossesed by the bank. The owner at least gave us a week to get all of the bunkers moved off the field before the bank took it. Those bunkers, by that I mean all of the material used to bulid all of those building and such, were bought by me so at least I wasn't out all of the material. I personally spent about $5000.00 of my own money to buy all of the wood used to build those buildings and my team spent 7 months working out there on weekends clearing out the broken glass, cactus, and the general garbage out of there as well as building everything. They are quite dissappointed about the outcome but hopefully this Club will find property and we can help build another field that we don't have to tear down and move again.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 PM #37
ripdisc

that sucks. velocity could have done so much (they always made it sound like they would) but was such a let down. i couldn't understand why they thought it made sense to close the indoor during winter and try to open it back in the summer?!

like i said if we do get a spot I can hook up lots of pallets that have really good wood. i have built a lot of stuff using free 2x4s from them. get some sheets of osb and we could even put up some 2 story elevated stuff. we used to build dug in bunkers and trenches and all sorts of stuff.

when is this club going to meet? are you guys playing tomorrow? Will have to see how much energy I have after work today...

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 04-02-2011, 02:24 PM #38
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

Talking

Sounds great....we will be playing @ Pops Place @ around 10 am. I have got work as well @ 1 in the morning but I should be there by around 12 or 1 pm myself. I will post up as soon as I know when the next general meeting will be for the CWPC (Colorado West Paintball Club).
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM #39
Ejahish

im movin to mesa state next year, ill be talking to you guys in august for sure

Last edited by Ejahish : 04-05-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Ejahish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 AM #40
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

sweet... look me up when you get here!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM #41
D.K. Burrows
HI

Tinnmann, you are my hero.. keep it going man

"THE SHOW" Takin over!

ANSGEAR.COM
D.K. Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM #42
Tinnmann
Team "Feel The Paint"

Nice to hear from ya again D.K. You know me, if its paintball I will do all that I can. Where is all of "The Show" and the rest of the speedball guys from Velocity? Would love to hit them up and see if they wanted to help get involved in this CWPC!
ReplyRegional Ups