Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Offical First Time Pumping Thread

We all had to start pumping somewhere, some of our experiences were utterly horrible, some where a complete blast. This is the thread to tell others how your first time went.

Please keep flaming out of this thread. Its all about having fun.

To those who are new to the pump side of paintball, welcome to the better side of paintball. Please read the stickies and we will all get along.

Last edited by Sogamember666 : 07-19-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 AM #2
HaVoK baLL3r
Playin' since the Y2K

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogamember666 View Post
To those who are new to the pump side of paintball, welcome to the messed up family. Please read the stickies and we will all get along.
We're not messed up...

Welcome to the BETTER side of the family.
HaVoK baLL3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM #3
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
seriously im with ^ that guy but to start us off i started august of 09 i bought a akp to just try pump and to mess around cause rocking the ego was getting old and the moment i took the first head off with it i loved the rush i got granted i had a halo with a virtue crown for a hopper but i loved it i then graduatly moved to a 02 dye autococker that most know as a reflex and thats about it i love pump and have since sold the ego and my akp and now solely shoot the 02
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
harbinger626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:53 PM #4
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

I bought a SC Phantom back in summer 09... and it was all history from there. I refuse to shoot electros, or semis anymore... My team hates me seeing as how I probably wont be joining them on the account that they won't let me use a pump gun in tournaments... -_-

and remember to tell your friends to
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.".
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM #5
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've had an on-off relationship with pump. I love it, but not too many people in the area play, so to be able to play, and conform, i've stuck to semi for the majority of my time playing paintball; pump being my kinky side. I've been to a few pump meets, had a ton of fun, and then played a full season of tourneys in 09. Ran out of money, and now im fully dedicated to coming out of the closet as a pumper for various reasons.

overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM #6
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Fixed it for you guys.

I got into pump in the early part of '07. I had bought a PMR for a backup to my A1. Since my A1 was a beast and never broke down the PMR started to collect dust. I found a guy on MCB who had an awesome Mossy Oak camo VSC phantom and happened to want to trade. So after some thinking it over and realizing how much it would save me on cash I traded. Few weeks later my buddy was visiting town and he wanted to play. We throw some bunkers in is back yard and called up a few other friends to come out and sling some paint. After chronoing the VSC, I realized how light and accurate it really was and knew it was going to be a good day. We played a crap ton of games that day and just about everyone I was getting 2-3 eliminations with it. Since then I've stuck with it. I've owned a few semis since then but they collected to much dust so I switched to pump permanetly.

Nothing beats the thrill of using a pump against semis so that is what made my decision so easy.

Here is a picture of my first pump gun. Dang I miss that one.

Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM #7
Castro #66
Sniper Whisperer

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I was looking for that Phantom a long time ago, but it disappeared...

I've been playing pump for as long as I've been in paintball. The first few years I gave it a few months off here and there, but now I don't play more than once without switching back to pumping. My problem now is that I build and tune nice semi guns, then never play with them, but loan them out.

I doubt it's any secret at this point that my first real gun was an SL-68 II. I don't own it any longer, but I've built others since.

Last edited by Castro #66 : 07-19-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM #8
airjordan77lt

airjordan77lt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
airjordan77lt posts videos on PbNation
played a game or two with my friends karni pump and it's bben history ever since
airjordan77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 PM #9
sevenones12

sevenones12 is for the Gunfight
I started playing in 07. I had an M98 and I was always super conservative on paint as I don't like spending 25 for one bag of paint. So, at the end of the year, a bunch of people told me I should switch to pump, so I bought my friends old phantom, and started loving it. My game style didn't change much and I'm having way more fun.
sevenones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 PM #10
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

jay3303 supports Team VICIOUS
I started in September of '09. I was either going to buy an eblade or make my cocker a pump. I decided to pump it out and it's the best decision I've made, first day I got a few people but got destroyed. I have to admit though it was really fun, and since then, I refuse to use any semi and I've gotten better at pumping.
jay3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 AM #11
Illusion_nick
ÎImpulseÎ

Illusion_nick supports Cereal Killerz 2
Illusion_nick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Illusion_nick supports Team VICIOUS
Illusion_nick posts videos on PbNation
Illusion_nick supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogamember666 View Post

Here is a picture of my first pump gun. Dang I miss that one.

[IM]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/Sehsmustangman00/Picture168.jpg[/IM]
oh my god... i want your impulse!!!!

annnnnd yeah, i hadnt even played pump to get hooked, my buddy brought his phantom over and just shooting it in my yard was enough to get me to play.

Illusion_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 AM #12
loneassassin
A Grim and...

My first game was in 1993, with my brand new Sheridan P-68 SC. (That's a stock class gun in case you're new to the pump scene.) In fact, about 5 or 6 of my friends all bought the same gun and we played about twice a week for the first couple summers. I couldn't yet say what it was like to play against semis, because nobody had them yet. Around 95, some of us started getting open-class pumps such as PMI Traccers, Tippman SL-68's, and I briefly owned a Kingman Hammer (total piece of crap.)

Then semis started showing up as our group got bigger and we started playing with new people, and I naturally conformed and bought a Sheridan Vm-68.

One thing I noticed when people started showing up who had never played pump, but started with semis, is that my friends and I could always school them even if we used our P-68's. There's something about playing stock class, or pump in general, that teaches you the fundamentals of the game and especially the teamwork aspect.

Anyway, for the majority of the last half of the 90's I played with my VM-68, but a lot of my teamates still used pumps in our tourneys. (Tourneys were in the woods back then, with some "speedball" style fields.) We did extremely well.

In the early 2000's, I got into Autocockers, and have been ever since. Naturally, I always had one with a pump on it. My current one is a half-blocked Trilogy Sport, with some upgrades. It's nothing fancy, but it does the job just fine, and I can play as rough with it as I want - I can always buy another one.

I still play semi quite a bit, and always will. There are certain things you can do with a semi that you simply can't do with a pump - like taking out 10 opposing players in 5 seconds, for example. But lately I've been using my pump more and more often as well, just depends on my mood I guess.

That's my story.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:00 AM #13
silver547

silver547 supports Team VICIOUS
silver547 is for the Gunfight
silver547 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silver547 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silver547 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
woot woot...finally this was made
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM #14
LGND

First pump experience? Sometime back in late '94 or early '95. Second time playing and the rentals were SL-68's. It was a good day, a couple Pro-lites on the field that people owned, but mostly rental SL's... More to the point, this is when I got hooked on the sport.

First pump of my own? March of '96, bought a Sterling w/ a 16" AA through Smart Parts. It was my second gun, and my first - a spyder - never really made it out of the gear bag again. It was the only gun I played with for a year or two. Eventually I bought a 'cocker and got into the tournament scene at the end of the '90s and into the beginning of the 2ks. Reluctantly bought an electro or two to keep up with rates of fire. Always kept the Sterling and pulled it out when I was at the field without the team, especially on the low-key days when I was feeling burnt out.

I still run a mix of guns, Electros when I'm too old/slow/etc to keep up with the punks on the speedball field, mechs for the times when there are just too many targets to take on with a pump.

But the Sterling (or some other pump) still makes plenty of appearances...
When I just flat out don't need the firepower
When I can work the woods without being up to my neck in targets
And when I want to shut up those punks by beating them at their own game... with a pump.

When my boy gets old enough, I'll have plenty of guns for him to use, probably let him play his first games with a semi...

...but his first gun will be a pump...
LGND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 PM #15
GFX260
Jesse Day

GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
I bought my first marker (tigershark) in 93 I beleive. I used some nelson pumps like mavericks on & off for the first few years until I got my first autococker. Georgia never really had much of a pump scene since people could afford semis, and it still shows today. Hopefully we can change that. Anyways, I got back to pumping a couple years back when I sawed up a piece of firewood to make a pump handle to jerry rig my first sniper II. over the last two years, I've been loaning out my markers, converting players & blasting semi fools.

I'm looking forward to the influence pump will have on the sport. Really hard to explain what it does to players & their attitudes, but it reminds me of the good old days.
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM #16
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
I had a 2000 autococker as my first gun back in 2000. After getting the gun and being able to afford paint and just being straight up scared of how the thing worked at the time (I was a nooble) I switched it to a pump. Been a fan since. I actually like playing with a semi more but when I can't afford to, I play with a pump. Paintball is paintball with a pump or semi.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM #17
ikappedkermit

ikappedkermit plays in the APPA D4 division
ikappedkermit supports DLX Technology
Me next, me next!!! "Downsizing" hit me in the fall of '08 - not enough money to shoot a case a weekend so I had to come up with an alternative... three vert '04 cockers sitting in the attic really attracted me to pump play. I found a good deal on the CCM kit, added some misc parts I had on hand (Rat valve, springs, Kapp hinge frame) and came up with a really nice pump.

First day out blew - I was getting shot really well - the semi-guys were enjoying themselves waaay too much (i kept forgetting to pump and then standing there like a dork wondering what was wrong!). I adjusted to the style and limitations/advantages of the smaller hopper and lower profile and have not looked back. I still play with my DM5 and E2 on occasion, but my pump is my primary.

My current home field does not have many experienced players so I really like to use the pump as a great tool to welcome new players to the sport - looks cool, works differently and is not intimidating to the new players, but, boy, does it get the job done!!

Proudly playing for APACHE ALLSTARZ
Painball Club of Choctaw
ikappedkermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 PM #18
Jason518
Make something happen!

Jason518 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jason518 supports Bob Gurnsey
About 1996, 10 of us in the woods with Brass Eagle Talons and no goggles....whoops
Tooch Harderer.
Walking back to respawn since 1996!
Jason518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM #19
pbemt

i just played my first pump day on 8/7/10 at Oklahoma D-Day Adventure Park at a scenario call A Bridge Too Far. It was a fun time but also very challenging against all those automatics. After a few hours, players on my team started to call " i need a pump over here for this tank" or before a mission some one would ask me to hide in a certain area to pick off enemies through a trail. You could only buy thier paint and only buy the case, so i ended up using less than one half a bag all day long and giving the rest away. i have a 13cu inch ninja tank that i went through about 300 psi the whole day. i can run much quicker with the super light set up and fit into tighter hiding spots too
pbemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:57 PM #20
Mr.sillyshot

I started into a paintball just recently, borrowing an etek 2 electro for my first day of woodsball. After that, I got a chance to use a stock class phantom in speedball. I now own the marker, and pump is the only way I play.
Mr.sillyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 AM #21
Joshuadreed
Aneroxic Cocker

Just got an AKP for my buddy to use and have a Phantom I've been dying to play with that's been sitting in my garage since I got it. Taking all of my guns out this weekend but I don't think it's gonna make me drop my MQed Sr.
Joshuadreed is offline   Reply With Quote