Community Focus

Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM #799
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by veilsideLGD View Post
Is there any way to order the plastic spanner to remove the shift barrel insert. I purchased individual inserts but I can't get my hands on the spanner. James is it possible to order one from you and have you send it out?
yes you can, just flick me an email and i can get you a price and sort you out.

james@macdev.net
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 AM #800
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
quacker its not a design flaw, i remeber posting on here somewhere a long time ago explaning what had caused the part to fail.

im going through my mail in a line of how i read them so if i respond on here first that is the reason.
Yes, yes, the tried and true "it was probably dirt" response. Standard MD answer for all failures. Either that, or the customer was an idiot and did something wrong. Had to be that, because I've never played in dirt BEFORE I got this Clone. And I was super careful to keep my Egos in airtight plastic baggies and saran wrap, but I just forgot to do the same for my Clone. My Alley Cat has been vacuumed packed in a completely dust free environment since 2000. Oh, whatever. I know this isn't happening to Clones left and right, but it's maddening that it happened to mine and it was very unsafe. There have been very few times when I've seen a marker go from safe to dangerously hot (>400 fps) because of a mechanical malfunction. If you blow a seal, at least you know somethings wrong. With this malfunction on the Clone, the only indication was a louder report. I'm glad I decided to chrono instead of playing on.

Anyways, you'll admit that responding on here got me an answer before my email. I should also note that a picture of the reg bottoms in question would have allowed me to pick one out better. Dust silver and gray always seemed like the same thing to me. I responded to you with a pic. This guaranteed 24 hours between emails is getting old, though.

Last edited by Quacker : 06-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:17 PM #801
lostsaint

lostsaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lostsaint supports Team VICIOUS
lostsaint plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm still having the original issue with my clone that I bought a few months ago. When I bought it it functioned fine (tested in my house) and then I took the gun out of its case to shoot it and it would not turn on. Screen does not light up or nothing. Fresh batteries, board was not stored near liquid in an dry environment. The board does get recognized when I plugit into the computer though. Any ideas?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 PM #802
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Yes, yes, the tried and true "it was probably dirt" response. Standard MD answer for all failures. Either that, or the customer was an idiot and did something wrong. Had to be that, because I've never played in dirt BEFORE I got this Clone. And I was super careful to keep my Egos in airtight plastic baggies and saran wrap, but I just forgot to do the same for my Clone. My Alley Cat has been vacuumed packed in a completely dust free environment since 2000. Oh, whatever. I know this isn't happening to Clones left and right, but it's maddening that it happened to mine and it was very unsafe. There have been very few times when I've seen a marker go from safe to dangerously hot (>400 fps) because of a mechanical malfunction. If you blow a seal, at least you know somethings wrong. With this malfunction on the Clone, the only indication was a louder report. I'm glad I decided to chrono instead of playing on.

Anyways, you'll admit that responding on here got me an answer before my email. I should also note that a picture of the reg bottoms in question would have allowed me to pick one out better. Dust silver and gray always seemed like the same thing to me. I responded to you with a pic. This guaranteed 24 hours between emails is getting old, though.
i answer emails in queue and dont give any special preference.

any reg seat area of a gun that fails will result in a faster shot over the chrono and it depends on what output pressure air system you are using as too how hot the shot can get, this is not a function that is only seen in our guns.

you need not cover your gun in glad wrap just make sure there is no dirt in the ASA before installing your air sytem and keep the end of your gladiator clean of dirt and perhaps a little grease on the threads will give you trouble free operation.

Last edited by John : 06-11-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: edited out link
Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM #803
Quacker

I would think grease would attract more dirt to the area. I think what happened is this:

The reg overpressurized for whatever reason. I don't know why. I doubt it was dirt. I keep my marker in it's own marker bag and I DON'T play in an area with a lot of grit/dirt/sand.
Velocity adjuster couldn't handle the pressure and stripped out the reg bottom.
Velocity adjuster is permanently all the way out now. No threads to hold it in place.

Why did it overpressurize. And why did the threads strip. I'm using a LP Legionair, which I think outputs at around ~300psi. It's not like I was dumping HP 850psi into it and it blew out. Waiting to hear about warranty, and what it covers if anything.

Quote:
i answer emails in queue and dont give any special preference.

any reg seat area of a gun that fails will result in a faster shot over the chrono and it depends on what output pressure air system you are using as too how hot the shot can get, this is not a function that is only seen in our guns.

you need not cover your gun in glad wrap just make sure there is no dirt in the ASA before installing your air sytem and keep the end of your gladiator clean of dirt and perhaps a little grease on the threads will give you trouble free operation.
if you would like an instructional on how to do this i would suggest visiting this forum and the techs there can run you through how to correctly look after your equipment.

www.macdevmilitia.com
Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM #804
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Pics of said damage may help.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM #805
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Wow, reading this thread is just embarrassing. On another note, I had an issue with my RX and TimberTiger spent a few days over on the macdevmilitia.com forums trying to diagnose the issue. Despite our best efforts, I had to send it in. Within 1 business day my gun was fixed and back on its way home to me. Amazing turnaround and great service all around! Thanks guys!
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM #806
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Wow, reading this thread is just embarrassing. On another note, I had an issue with my RX and TimberTiger spent a few days over on the macdevmilitia.com forums trying to diagnose the issue. Despite our best efforts, I had to send it in. Within 1 business day my gun was fixed and back on its way home to me. Amazing turnaround and great service all around! Thanks guys!
Wow, I am experiencing the exact opposite. I am going on week 6 with MacDev 4+ voice mails 5+ emails... and I getting tired of holding my tong. I was a fan of macdev products but unless they pull some superman stuff I will never buy from them again. So far this has been the worst customer service I have ever dealt with (ever, not just limited to paintball).. and I have worked with damn near all of the companies in the paintball industry....

Last edited by JC001 : 06-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM #807
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC001 View Post
Wow, I am experiencing the exact opposite. I am going on week 6 with MacDev 4+ voice mails 5+ emails... and I getting tired of holding my tong. I was a fan of macdev products but unless they pull some superman stuff I will never buy from them again.
I suggest using timbertiger20 instead of MD-USA; I couldn't get a hold of MD-USA after about 5 calls I gave up and PM'd him. He will square you away. I am not sure what is going on with the Miami center, but I REALLY wish PB Kingdom would've been the main distribution center because they were awesome. Timber is great too.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 PM #808
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
Yeah... I just got off the phone with them... finally.. The reps make promises, and then back out of them. Talk to customers in a condescending tone. And flat out do not see the value of customer service. Poor Poor Poor. I would avoid macdev like the plague. on a scale from 1-10 they get a -10, no customer service would be better off then the flip flopping rude reps that they have. I am shocked that a company would treat their customers so poorly. I simply cannot justify giving more money to a company that treats me like that. The last female rep I spoke with implyed that I was lying or trying to hide something from them... wow... Childish... Oh she also tried to tell me I never left them a voicemail... I left over 4 of them.

Last edited by JC001 : 06-12-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM #809
blueshifty

I'm guessing you talked to MD-USA? I tried to warn you... I really wish they were not representatives of the company.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM #810
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I suggest using timbertiger20 instead of MD-USA; I couldn't get a hold of MD-USA after about 5 calls I gave up and PM'd him. He will square you away. I am not sure what is going on with the Miami center, but I REALLY wish PB Kingdom would've been the main distribution center because they were awesome. Timber is great too.
james was a big help but jerry is a douche, i tried getting ahold of him multiple times and when i did the lady that answered must of been on her period and jerry did nothing but talk down to me like i was a child. IMO contact james for everything he has been nothing but amazing in the past.

as for PBK they have been great in the best with me ordering my 07 borg through them and they got me replacement parts very quick

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM #811
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
yeah I worked with MD USA, now I have to go edit every post that I said anything positive about this company. For a MacDev rep to talk to me like I'm some sort of Liar and waste my time and money is a joke. I simply cannot justify giving these guys more of my money or suggest anyone even consider their products as a viable option.

Last edited by JC001 : 06-14-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM #812
blueshifty

I just don't understand why James and Bourke should have to handle stateside issues when that is MD USA's purpose. The real business James and Bourke should handle is to go to PB Kingdom and ask them to take over as the MD USA service center and then figure out a way to make more guns because they'd sell like hot cakes. It hurts me to see such a good product be ruined by bad business practices. I believe PBK and Timber could take MD to the next level... Their guns are getting the representation they deserve, but the Miami office is ruining the progress.

James, Bourke... If you guys get anything out of this, then please hear your customers and do something different for the US service center.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM #813
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

JC00 I would like to hear more on what was said that was so rude, please email me your email string and contact details so I can give you a call.

James@macdev.net
Old 06-13-2012, 08:21 AM #814
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
I would think grease would attract more dirt to the area. I think what happened is this:

The reg overpressurized for whatever reason. I don't know why. I doubt it was dirt. I keep my marker in it's own marker bag and I DON'T play in an area with a lot of grit/dirt/sand.
Velocity adjuster couldn't handle the pressure and stripped out the reg bottom.
Velocity adjuster is permanently all the way out now. No threads to hold it in place.

Why did it overpressurize. And why did the threads strip. I'm using a LP Legionair, which I think outputs at around ~300psi. It's not like I was dumping HP 850psi into it and it blew out. Waiting to hear about warranty, and what it covers if anything.
Quacker maybe you need to understand how the reg works, if the gladiator spikes this would not cause pressure to rise in the seat area that pressure stays the same as what is coming from the output of your air system.

I have already explained how the part may have stripped. You can come to your own conclusions but I'm telling they are wrong.
The parts you ordered from me have been shipped to the USA two days ago and will go out as soon as they are paid. If you want to send your stripped part and reg adjuster back to Miami they will in turn ship it back to me in australia when there is a shippment worth sending and then I will inspect the parts.
I can tell you I have never warranted this part before.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM #815
Quacker

I think this begs three questions:

1) How often do you see a stripped out VX gladiator bottom
2) Out of how many VX's sold
3) What exactly is covered under your warranty if not something like this

If you see a lot of stripped bottoms, I would expect it's because your fine threads are too fine to handle the constant high pressure of the input tank.

A reg bottom isn't like tires or brakes on a car. You expect those to not be covered under warranty, same as seals on a marker. I don't consider the reg bottom to be a wear item.

Quote:
Quacker maybe you need to understand how the reg works, if the gladiator spikes this would not cause pressure to rise in the seat area that pressure stays the same as what is coming from the output of your air system.

I have already explained how the part may have stripped. You can come to your own conclusions but I'm telling they are wrong.
The parts you ordered from me have been shipped to the USA two days ago and will go out as soon as they are paid. If you want to send your stripped part and reg adjuster back to Miami they will in turn ship it back to me in australia when there is a shippment worth sending and then I will inspect the parts.
I can tell you I have never warranted this part before.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 PM #816
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
I think this begs three questions:

1) How often do you see a stripped out VX gladiator bottom
2) Out of how many VX's sold
3) What exactly is covered under your warranty if not something like this

If you see a lot of stripped bottoms, I would expect it's because your fine threads are too fine to handle the constant high pressure of the input tank.

A reg bottom isn't like tires or brakes on a car. You expect those to not be covered under warranty, same as seals on a marker. I don't consider the reg bottom to be a wear item.
as i have stated many times before this has only been seen a handful of times and your case is in that handful. i dont disclose #'s of guns manufactured but these threads are the same for a long series of regulators and guns that are Clone, clone VX, tac Drone, Drone DX and Clone GT. the threads are not to fine or you would be seeing threads about it here.

our warranty covers manufacturing defects, these parts are all checked by myself and do not have defects. i have also explained what would have caused the part to fail. you show from your posts that you do not understand the workings of the gun which is why you cant come to terms with what happened.
a reg bottom is more like the brake calipers, would the car manufacturer warrant the part if you tried changing the brake pads and stripped out the mount?

Last edited by James@MacDev : 06-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:14 AM #817
Quacker

What I'm saying is that if the reg seat experiences full pressure, then perhaps extended full pressure for several weekends of play caused the reg to blow. That would be a defect, right?

I'm mailing you that part and I want to hear exactly what you have to say about it. I'm guessing you're trying to blow me off and hope that I'll not bother to send the part to your US center, which will then have to ship it to you in Australia, where you'll ignore it or just say it's broken exactly how you say it is. But we'll do it and we'll let the consumers see that you really don't cover anything in your warranty. By the way, how will you be able to tell? If the threads were too fine or too weak, they're all blown anyhow. What sort of CSI magic will let you tell that it was actually a grain of dirt that caused my reg to blow out.

Do you take digital calipers to every part? How often are you spot checking tolerances? So your warranty doesn't cover anything is what you're saying, because you know all of your guns work 100%, and therefore any problems that crop up are user error? What kind of warranty is that? Explain to me my ignorance on the working of your regulator. Explain to me how a handful fail and you write it off as user error, when it could be manufacturing defect.

I'm also disappointed that you're making me order through the website now. We had a paypal invoice worked out after WEEKS of communication, and then you tell me to screw off to the website. Where the end cap is NOT in stock and I am NOT able to order it. Also, colors aren't an option.

Here's why I don't believe you about not seeing reg cap failures: what other manufacturer sells spare reg bottoms on their website. It's a part that doesn't fail on other markers. You, on the other hand, sell spares next to spare seals and screws, like it's a part that fails often. Hell, you didn't even have any in the US, otherwise I would have gotten a part weeks ago. How come I can buy a reg bottom, but NOT a reg collar, or a spare frame or body on your website? Because reg bottoms are failing and people are having to replace them.

Quote:
as i have stated many times before this has only been seen a handful of times and your case is in that handful. i dont disclose #'s of guns manufactured but these threads are the same for a long series of regulators and guns that are Clone, clone VX, tac Drone, Drone DX and Clone GT. the threads are not to fine or you would be seeing threads about it here.

our warranty covers manufacturing defects, these parts are all checked by myself and do not have defects. i have also explained what would have caused the part to fail. you show from your posts that you do not understand the workings of the gun which is why you cant come to terms with what happened.
a reg bottom is more like the brake calipers, would the car manufacturer warrant the part if you tried changing the brake pads and stripped out the mount?

Last edited by Quacker : 06-14-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 AM #818
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
Its a commonly known fact that it costs a business 20 times more to win over new customers then it does to retain the customers they already have. I would think a $15.00 reg bottom and $20 barrel back (their cost to make) to keep thier existing customer happy would be a wise investment vs. the thousands of marketing dollars that would be needed to battle the negative word of mouth this is generating.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM #819
Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC001 View Post
Its a commonly known fact that it costs a business 20 times more to win over new customers then it does to retain the customers they already have. I would think a $15.00 reg bottom and $20 barrel back (their cost to make) to keep thier existing customer happy would be a wise investment vs. the thousands of marketing dollars that would be needed to battle the negative word of mouth this is generating.
You need a reg bottom too?