PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2012, 03:59 PM #778
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyink View Post
I live in Africa in the middle of no where.We have one dedicated Macdev agent in the whole country.
I have had nothing but exceptional service from Macdev.
Yes,it does mean waiting a bit for spares etc....but I am understanding and well aware of the fact that they are based in Australia and if I want to use their product I need to be a little patient.
Good for you. I live in the first world, so I don't like waiting for stuff.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 11:52 PM #779
poweredbyink
MacDev Militia

poweredbyink works for a Paintball manufacturer
poweredbyink plays in the APPA D4 division
Wow.....you are a rude angry little creature.
Your attitude is going to get you far in life.

Last edited by poweredbyink : 06-04-2012 at 04:54 AM.
poweredbyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 AM #780
Quacker

You said yourself you're in the middle of nowhere. Does your country have cheap 2-3 day shipping to anywhere in the country? Is your country as large as the US? Is there any paintball company that can ship you spares within hours of your call/email, so they'll arrive in less than 2 days?

If not, how can you even compare their CS to anyone else's?

Or are you just upset because I called USA the first world and implied that your glorious country wasn't included. Because it takes you weeks to get anything, apparently.

Like I said before, I'm NOT in the middle of nowhere and I am NOT understanding of a company ignoring my emails for so long without resolution. I received an email from James saying my emails were accidentally read and shut ?? and that I should stop making "strange posts" on PBN and just try resending my emails. I believe there's a post here from James that says you should be patient and not resend emails. I post on here about them alot. But I wouldn't have to, if I could just get this part.

Also, why does it seem like South Africa have as many or more MacDev agents than the USA.

Last edited by Quacker : 06-04-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 AM #781
poweredbyink
MacDev Militia

Your level of intolerance, your unnecessary aggression and your inability to listen or actually read posts is staggering.
You need to stop,take a breath and realize that the world does not actually revolve around you.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 AM #782
Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyink View Post
Your level of intolerance, your unnecessary aggression and your inability to listen or actually read posts is staggering.
You need to stop,take a breath and realize that the world does not actually revolve around you.
Yup, it's UNBELIEVABLE that I would post online, IN PUBLIC, problems I am having with a company. It's UNBELIEVABLE that I contacted them several weeks ago and stopped getting replies shortly thereafter. It's UNBELIEVABLE that after the fuss I'm raising on here, I forwarded my emails to James and I get a note back saying all he can do is apologize and try to get it sorted out. There is nothing to sort out, I just need that part, not more emails asking for more time to sort things out. It should be, "Oh yeah, sorry, dropped the ball on that one. Here's the invoice for the part you wanted" or "Oh yeah, sorry, dropped the ball on that one. What's your addy so I can mail you one" or "Oh yeah, sorry, dropped the ball on that one. Won't happen again in the future"

Instead it's, "Oh yeah, sorry. I'll get around to looking into your problem eventually, but you should stop making strange posts on PBN"

This is a legitimate complaint about customer service. I'm sorry if you think it's intolerant or aggressive. If this is what I need to do to get their attention, then so be it.

MacDev is a business. They are not your friend. They make a profit off you, and should be held accountable like any other business. I like businesses I patronize to value me as a customer.

And I ridiculed your post because it made no point whatsoever. You're in the middle of nowhere and you expect things to take longer. I'm not and I don't. You like your agent. I don't know who my agent is. You're so patient and understanding. I'm not when I'm dealing with a business. Although, with MacDev, I have been more than patient. I remember my 05 Sonic and how long it took me to locate parts to fix it. PBK had most of the items, but were no help in trying to diagnose the issue (needed to replace Schrader Valve). Back then, yes, I expected it to be hard to find parts. But that was true of almost any high end. Now, it is not hard to get parts from DYE or BLAST or PE or DLX. It is very, very, very easy. Still hard for MacDev, though.

Last edited by Quacker : 06-04-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 AM #783
Quacker

I am sorry, I do not think we have that colour in stock in the USA right now. The best I can do is airmail for $8, which takes 7-10 days delivery.

Please let me know which size lube you would like and I can organise it all at once?

Regards,
Bourke Grundy
------------------------------
MacDev - Australia
www.macdev.net

Email I received on 5/21. Nothing since then, although I replied promptly with more questions.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM #784
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonicsPB View Post
James are VX drivetrains still available? I might be picking up a V1 that someone has had tucked away and want to update it with everything. Also I was wondering if it would be possible to get a VX feedneck and bottom reg cap anodized the original gloss red of this V1 in question. If all those requests happen to be possible, what would this cost me? Thanks for your time,

-Chris

Edit* just tried calling the Florida office with no luck.
chris the VX drives are still available, sorry but we dont do extra anodising. if there happen to be some laying around we could fill your request.
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM #785
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I am sorry, I do not think we have that colour in stock in the USA right now. The best I can do is airmail for $8, which takes 7-10 days delivery.

Please let me know which size lube you would like and I can organise it all at once?

Regards,
Bourke Grundy
------------------------------
MacDev - Australia
www.macdev.net

Email I received on 5/21. Nothing since then, although I replied promptly with more questions.

quacker i simply stated in the email to you that the only explanation for you not getting an answer was that the email could have been opened and shut by accident, these things can happen when you are dealing with a lot of mail.

sorry but yes i find it strange that some one would just post on a forum when they could just resend a mail, thats just me!

i replied to you yesterday that i would be chasing this up and you will have an answer this morning (our time). i can understand you are a little upset as you need a part and have not recieved it.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:09 PM #786
JR007

^^ As good as anyone could expect. I agree CS should always be top-notch in this market, but I also know we're dealing with people, not robots.

I've never had any drama dealing with Bourke, top bloke in my books.

And i'm from another 3rd world country. Thankfully our little country is next to Oz, so maybe I get preferrential treatment
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 AM #787
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am in the US Military stationed in Japan. Despite what you may think I cannot ship my stuff straight to Austrailia because their customs take forever to let paintball stuff through. So all of my stuff still comes from the States. so it takes me a few days longer to get my stuff here. But even then, both James and Bourke have gone out of their way to make sure I have been taken care of. All it takes is a simple email...and if they dont respond in a day or two all I do is send them a courteous reminder.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 AM #788
hybrid808

hybrid808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 AM #789
poweredbyink
MacDev Militia

Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 AM #790
Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
quacker i simply stated in the email to you that the only explanation for you not getting an answer was that the email could have been opened and shut by accident, these things can happen when you are dealing with a lot of mail.

sorry but yes i find it strange that some one would just post on a forum when they could just resend a mail, thats just me!

i replied to you yesterday that i would be chasing this up and you will have an answer this morning (our time). i can understand you are a little upset as you need a part and have not recieved it.
Maybe we're losing something in translation here. Are you saying he closed my ticket with whatever system you're using, or closed my email window? It's hard for me to delete an email, especially a thread of emails. That's like my dry cleaners telling me to chill out because they forgot to clean my clothes.

I also sent two more emails to Bourke after that first reply of his. Then memorial day weekend rolled around so I waited around that, and still nothing. I did not just reply once and then start flaming you on PBN. How many times can you resend before you realize it's not working? Two is a pretty good number to me.

If I see a rep reading threads on PBN while I'm still waiting for a response, of course I'm going to post on here about it.

I replied to you yesterday afternoon, so I'm waiting for a reply. I'm not really sure I want to invest 40-80 dollars into this thing anymore, though. I borrowed a Geo reg and it worked fine on it.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:21 AM #791
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quacker, I do understand your frustration and agree that MacDev is a business so you should be treated courteously and professionally. From an outsider's perspective it doesn't seem you have been mistreated, but I agree that getting no response is frustrating. I might make the suggestion that you go ahead and buy a more common reg (a violent series reg is $75) so you don't encounter this nonsense again. Best of luck to you though.

Last edited by blueshifty : 06-05-2012 at 08:39 AM.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 PM #792
Spiderchoke

I think that the best way to deal with any MacDev support issue is:

http://www.macdevmilitia.com/

The place is titled "Macdev Support Forum".

This would make it much easier for the tech that is supporting your issue/break-fix has a one stop shop for the details and a great timeline for comms.

In addition it would keep your posts from being lost in a giant thread on a giant paintball forum.

I see more people get helped than not get helped here, and in other venues, by MacDev. not everyone can bat 1000 all the time, heck no one can. Then you inovolve others and life gets in the way.

It sucks that you were unable to resolve your issue in time for the event you wanted to. I get that, but the non-stop flaming isn't going to make anything happen faster. it will only serve to stress the people trying to assist you.

yes, people need to know that your expectations were not met. MacDev needs to know, and other patrons should know. This is what makes companies strive to be better and/or to stay the best. it is also a way for a company to be notified of a breakdown in their systems or communications.

This is most likely why Macdev set up the "support forum" at macdevmilitia.com, to streamline, organize, and centralize the support of the macdev markers.

And in my personal opinion, "squeaky wheel" techniques work best when tempered with some honey, not vinegar. I personally try to approach my issues/concerns with a concept of "how do I get what I want?" This way I tailor my approach to give me the result I want, rather than demand the result I want and expect that I get it. although the latter should always work if you are in the right, it is not always going to be the case or on the timeline that the requestor anticipates. Not particularly out of spite, but when you make a big to do out of something, someone in the chain will want accountability to be assigned. If it isn't a giant orchestrated fiasco, then it can be a learning moment instead of a disciplinary action.

People respond to learning moments more quickly and positively than when they feel like trouble is coming. Not only that, but they grow and flourish as assets, rather than shrink and circle the wagons to defend themselves. These are natural reactions, not insults. They are true often, but not always, BTW.

So, to sum it up.

I am personally sympathetic to your frustrations, and wish I worked for MacDev so I could be involved in getting this taken care of for you.

I can see here, that James is working on it.

I wish you luck in the future with your marker. It's a great one!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM #793
timbertiger20

timbertiger20 is a Supporting Member
Well you see......he contacted me.......and i offered to help......and sent him quick responses......but he wasnt satisfied with "ill make sure it gets over in the next shipment." So its not really an issue of i couldnt get a hold of anyone.....just that he wanted a different response. Alot of anno'd parts.......are not in stock here and have to be transfered over from Australia and to save on shipping they all come in one box. A box may have 1000 parts inside! His parts i believe are in a box on there way to my shop at the moment. If he still wants them the end of this week i will get them out as soon as they arrive!
timbertiger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 PM #794
Spiderchoke

Oh, don't get me wrong Timbertiger, I don't believe that MacDev has a major failure here. I planned on posting my real thoughts later to illustrate the hole Honey vs. vinegar theory. I guess I'll do it now to show the OP how it's done.

A clear comparison of how I feel and what I posted will seriously outline how one can find the where with all to compose one's self and communicate in a civilized fashion to get a result.

Here is what I really feel about it all:

SERIOUSLY!!!!???!!!!

Stop f'n spamming this thread with your whiny crap about how you didn't get service. The owner of the company is involved.

You are the incarnation of why people hate Americans outside of the states. (Heck, in the states.) You insult other people based on their country of origin? Shame on you. Your self-intitled assanine attempt at communication has done nothing more than illustrate that they cannot make this right, so why should they hurry. I'm pretty sure you can't be pleased.

I don't know the whole story, but I blame you for that. If you wanted to show your experience to the world to warn others, share all the info. I worked out a timeline from what you posted and it shows that there has only been 11 business days since you finally decided what you wanted to do. (ship from AUS) There may have been more days involved, but Macdev support is closed on the weekends, which is in a timezone making it Saturday there when it is clearly still Friday here.

You clearly stated 7-10 days minimum. They aren't doing terribly bad so far by your own postings. I've ordered from China and gotten it in 6 days, and I've ordered from China and gotten it it 3 1/2 weeks. Both times the website it could take 2 to 3 weeks. Should I hate them for the 3 weeks?

Grow up. keep your grievances private until they warrant global communications. Have some tact and handle your own business. You shouldn't need to come here to rally the troops to get people to be mad at MacDev for you, or were you just trying to use tarnishing their name as leverage to get what you want. Either way, that's sad.

Cause a respectful person would simply outline the timeline and state their case. That would be an effective review of your service experience. That just doesn't seem to be what you have done.

Sorry, I have had a rough day and decided to flame a guy for being a jerk. worse, an impatient jerk.

Why, cause someone needed to.

Last edited by Spiderchoke : 06-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Spiderchoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM #795
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

thanks for the back up guys, but this was an honest mistake on our side i think where we just screwed up.... it happens from time time i am only human and last time i checked bourke is as well. we dont have a huge problem just a minor screw up once in a while and this time it was with a customer who was in a bad mood.

i will say that i definately respond better to a customer with a problem who comes to me rationally, if your going to flame me here its going to hurt my feelings (as i am a human!). quite often i will send out stuff free or at a reduced rate to take the sting out of a a late reply etc.

just so everyone knows we are fighting with the anodiser about getting stuff done in timely manner, when i say fighting i call and speak to them in a nice way to try and get my stuff faster

quacker i have scrapped up a selection of colours for you in the VX bottom cap frsh from ano;

red
blue
grey
brown
green
black gloss
black satin
silver dust

you can let me know via email which one you want and i will send it directly to you once you have paid via paypal.
other wise we have shippments on the way to jerry and timbertiger which should be there early next week and they can send the parts out you need.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM #796
Quacker

I think some of you need to go back and read what I actually typed. I should also note that besides being slightly sarcastic on here, my emails have been quite drama free. Just unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderchoke View Post
I think that the best way to deal with any MacDev support issue is:

http://www.macdevmilitia.com/

The place is titled "Macdev Support Forum".

This would make it much easier for the tech that is supporting your issue/break-fix has a one stop shop for the details and a great timeline for comms.

In addition it would keep your posts from being lost in a giant thread on a giant paintball forum.

I see more people get helped than not get helped here, and in other venues, by MacDev. not everyone can bat 1000 all the time, heck no one can. Then you inovolve others and life gets in the way.

It sucks that you were unable to resolve your issue in time for the event you wanted to. I get that, but the non-stop flaming isn't going to make anything happen faster. it will only serve to stress the people trying to assist you.

yes, people need to know that your expectations were not met. MacDev needs to know, and other patrons should know. This is what makes companies strive to be better and/or to stay the best. it is also a way for a company to be notified of a breakdown in their systems or communications.

This is most likely why Macdev set up the "support forum" at macdevmilitia.com, to streamline, organize, and centralize the support of the macdev markers.

And in my personal opinion, "squeaky wheel" techniques work best when tempered with some honey, not vinegar. I personally try to approach my issues/concerns with a concept of "how do I get what I want?" This way I tailor my approach to give me the result I want, rather than demand the result I want and expect that I get it. although the latter should always work if you are in the right, it is not always going to be the case or on the timeline that the requestor anticipates. Not particularly out of spite, but when you make a big to do out of something, someone in the chain will want accountability to be assigned. If it isn't a giant orchestrated fiasco, then it can be a learning moment instead of a disciplinary action.

People respond to learning moments more quickly and positively than when they feel like trouble is coming. Not only that, but they grow and flourish as assets, rather than shrink and circle the wagons to defend themselves. These are natural reactions, not insults. They are true often, but not always, BTW.

So, to sum it up.

I am personally sympathetic to your frustrations, and wish I worked for MacDev so I could be involved in getting this taken care of for you.

I can see here, that James is working on it.

I wish you luck in the future with your marker. It's a great one!
Why should I have to join a new forum to get help? Does James read PBN and respond regularly? Why yes, he does. This is not the first time MD has lost my emails or failed to respond to an email. Are they really run by two people? If so, where's all the overhead? Purely on the machine floor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertiger20 View Post
Well you see......he contacted me.......and i offered to help......and sent him quick responses......but he wasnt satisfied with "ill make sure it gets over in the next shipment." So its not really an issue of i couldnt get a hold of anyone.....just that he wanted a different response. Alot of anno'd parts.......are not in stock here and have to be transfered over from Australia and to save on shipping they all come in one box. A box may have 1000 parts inside! His parts i believe are in a box on there way to my shop at the moment. If he still wants them the end of this week i will get them out as soon as they arrive!
You were a back up to MD. You were not able to get me the part on time for the tournament. You never responded with the part, in fact I regularly PM'd you and asked if you had the part yet. The time pressure was important, which you all do not understand. Tournaments come once a month, and using a ghetto Geo reg on my Clone was not what I wanted to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderchoke View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong Timbertiger, I don't believe that MacDev has a major failure here. I planned on posting my real thoughts later to illustrate the hole Honey vs. vinegar theory. I guess I'll do it now to show the OP how it's done.

A clear comparison of how I feel and what I posted will seriously outline how one can find the where with all to compose one's self and communicate in a civilized fashion to get a result.

Here is what I really feel about it all:

SERIOUSLY!!!!???!!!!

Stop f'n spamming this thread with your whiny crap about how you didn't get service. The owner of the company is involved.

You are the incarnation of why people hate Americans outside of the states. (Heck, in the states.) You insult other people based on their country of origin? Shame on you. Your self-intitled assanine attempt at communication has done nothing more than illustrate that they cannot make this right, so why should they hurry. I'm pretty sure you can't be pleased.

I don't know the whole story, but I blame you for that. If you wanted to show your experience to the world to warn others, share all the info. I worked out a timeline from what you posted and it shows that there has only been 11 business days since you finally decided what you wanted to do. (ship from AUS) There may have been more days involved, but Macdev support is closed on the weekends, which is in a timezone making it Saturday there when it is clearly still Friday here.

You clearly stated 7-10 days minimum. They aren't doing terribly bad so far by your own postings. I've ordered from China and gotten it in 6 days, and I've ordered from China and gotten it it 3 1/2 weeks. Both times the website it could take 2 to 3 weeks. Should I hate them for the 3 weeks?

Grow up. keep your grievances private until they warrant global communications. Have some tact and handle your own business. You shouldn't need to come here to rally the troops to get people to be mad at MacDev for you, or were you just trying to use tarnishing their name as leverage to get what you want. Either way, that's sad.

Cause a respectful person would simply outline the timeline and state their case. That would be an effective review of your service experience. That just doesn't seem to be what you have done.

Sorry, I have had a rough day and decided to flame a guy for being a jerk. worse, an impatient jerk.

Why, cause someone needed to.
You are an idiot and do not read carefully. This laundry deserved to be aired. Shall I post all of the emails I sent to them, back to May 9 when I first observed that something was funky with my reg? You're trying to paint me as impatient, but I think emailing back and forth is stupid when I could have had a paypal invoice weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
thanks for the back up guys, but this was an honest mistake on our side i think where we just screwed up.... it happens from time time i am only human and last time i checked bourke is as well. we dont have a huge problem just a minor screw up once in a while and this time it was with a customer who was in a bad mood.

i will say that i definately respond better to a customer with a problem who comes to me rationally, if your going to flame me here its going to hurt my feelings (as i am a human!). quite often i will send out stuff free or at a reduced rate to take the sting out of a a late reply etc.

just so everyone knows we are fighting with the anodiser about getting stuff done in timely manner, when i say fighting i call and speak to them in a nice way to try and get my stuff faster

quacker i have scrapped up a selection of colours for you in the VX bottom cap frsh from ano;

red
blue
grey
brown
green
black gloss
black satin
silver dust

you can let me know via email which one you want and i will send it directly to you once you have paid via paypal.
other wise we have shippments on the way to jerry and timbertiger which should be there early next week and they can send the parts out you need.
You have the wrong attitude and I don't know if I care to buy your brand anymore. Would a nice smiley face make your day and make you put a lousy order together? It is not my job to bombard you with emails until you get around to not closing the email by accident and actually responding. I actually think it's laughable that you're responding on HERE before you bothered to read the email I sent yesterday, which specified silver. Kind of proves my point about posting on here. Besides, this part shouldn't have failed in the first place. If this failure had happened during a game, this would have resulted in a hot gun penalty for me and a giant welt for the other guy. This marker was shooting 475 fps consistently. I have never seen a reg strip out it's velocity adjuster and allow full pressure to go to the marker, and I think your explanation of how it happened is a design flaw, especially if you've had to tell it to several people.

Last edited by Quacker : 06-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 PM #797
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

quacker its not a design flaw, i remeber posting on here somewhere a long time ago explaning what had caused the part to fail.

im going through my mail in a line of how i read them so if i respond on here first that is the reason.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:27 PM #798
veilsideLGD

veilsideLGD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
veilsideLGD supports Team VICIOUS
veilsideLGD is for the Gunfight
Is there any way to order the plastic spanner to remove the shift barrel insert. I purchased individual inserts but I can't get my hands on the spanner. James is it possible to order one from you and have you send it out?

http://www.oringmonkey.com

For all your O-ring needs!
veilsideLGD is offline   Reply With Quote