Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2017, 02:53 AM #1
APB kyle

I want to get a Clone... Help out?

Sup guys. I haven't played in about 6-7 years. Anyways... I was thinking about getting a shocker/luxe. I like the ergonomic of the further placed reg. The clone 5 looks great and would probably be very ergo. I hear the gti has an internal lpr or hpr sensor? Also I hear the engine/bolt in that gun is smoother than the clone 5. Can I swap either parts into a clone 5? And if so could I order those parts on their own from MacDev? Thanks for any help...!!
APB kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 AM #2
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
You're all over the place.

The Clone is great and the ergonomics are great, but that's also subjective.

The GTI (and all other Clone models ever) are single regulated - no LPR. It does have a HPR transducer that provides a digital pressure reading. It's well-regarded as one of the smoothest markers ever.

The Clone 5 is the latest Clone model and was designed to be extremely simple and reliable. It is most definitely both of those things, while also feeling great in the hands and providing a very nice shot.

The Clone GTI and Clone 5 do not share any parts worth mentioning. If you want both, you'll have to purchase both. Please see MD's website for more information on what parts they have.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:33 PM #3
APB kyle

Oh ok. I was just told the gti is a smoother shot than the clone 5. But I don't like the ergonomics of the gti and was hoping I could swap the engines. Does the clone 5 shoot as good as the gti? Thanks!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:18 PM #4
Noa Bo

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Noa Bo supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by APB kyle View Post
Oh ok. I was just told the gti is a smoother shot than the clone 5. But I don't like the ergonomics of the gti and was hoping I could swap the engines. Does the clone 5 shoot as good as the gti? Thanks!
A well broken in gti is so smooth it made my jaw drop. The Clone 5 has some feedback is how I'll put it best, so it has some kick. The gold bolt that now comes standard in the 5 makes it have less kick, and if you lower the dwell enough, it's almost like the gun never cycled. So it can make a nice difference. I don't run my dwell that low since it's cold out, it stays up and running which is the most important thing, and I think it has a nice balance of feedback and smoothness.

Gti is awesome but I absolutely love the Clone 5s. It's straightforward and simple. The way it's setup provides me with the most accurate shot.
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 PM #5
Wilpri8992

I got a clone 5 few days ago and love it.
Wilpri8992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:48 AM #6
APB kyle

Ok cool. Now to just decide on a luxe or this bad boy. Anyone tried a luxe and can compare it a clone 5?
Old 02-21-2017, 11:10 AM #7
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Which Luxe model?
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:01 PM #8
Noa Bo

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Noa Bo supports Shocker RSX
I've got a Luxe Ice and a Clone 5. Different feeling shot and ergonomics. The Clone 5 will have better efficiency. It'll just come down to which is more comfortable in your hands.
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 AM #9
jcmaya

I have both a gti and clone 5 IMO the clone 5 shoots a bit smoother, also id like to add I just rebuild the gti drive train and the clone 5 is new shot it this past weekend for the first time. so I can only imagine what its going to be like after 10k shoots
jcmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 AM #10
yugo52
Stop Resisting!

yugo52 is a Supporting Member
yugo52 supports Shocker RSX
yugo52 supports Ninja Paintball
I've shot them all, and I must say that the GTi/VX have the smoothest shot in the game, and it isn't even close.

Saying that, one of my favorite shooters is the Bob Long Insight. It has "some" kick, but instead of rising, it kicks back into your shoulder, which just keeps you ball on ball but still getting the feedback of your marker firing. Just love that.

If I were you, I would look into a used GTi or VX. You really can't go wrong with either.