Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2010, 04:04 PM #1
proud ion owner

luxe puffin

Ok about 3 weeks ago i trade my egoX for a Luxe over pbn. i get it and it had some noticeable problems. fsdo pretty bad ect. ect. it would work on some wierd occasions so i didnt call the guy i traded it with out. so i keep trying different things. ive lubed this bolt idk how many times in the last 3 weeks changed the settings set the settings back to default ect. but it just kept puffing or having TERRIBLE first and second and third shot drop off.

so i finally decide that i would get my bolt sprung and polished thinking that it would solve my problems (Props to pooty did a great job fast shipping easy to deal with and great product). i get it put it in and it worked ok for a hopper (kinda i chopped a ball and it skipped shots which i thought was weird because the eyes were on) then it started puffing while i was shooting (just put it off think i was out of air). so today theres a tourny i go there and the gun just wouldnt shoot. there was some air coming (or going) because pootys mod worked and pushed the bolt forward. not hard enough to even get the ball in the barrel though. it was just puffing. if any of you guys would no anything about this it would help me out a TON. thanks in advance.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field, it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that you didnt get the girl or that you got a ticket on the way here... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it
proud ion owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2010, 05:22 PM #2
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Check the bolt sail oring.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:28 PM #3
ccluff2

/\ agreed. I always assume any gun I buy used needs a complete oring rebuild at a bare minimum. very few people sell a gun that shoots perfict.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:02 PM #4
Proud EGO Owner
$$$$ 816> LIFE $$$$

Proud EGO Owner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Proud EGO Owner supports Team VICIOUS
i do hate sounding like a complete noob but could someone show me what the bolt sail is. I am somewhat new to having to maintenance guns due to the fact that for the last 3 years Ive only owned ego's EGO= virtually no maintenance.
Proud EGO Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 PM #5
uranjack
Marker Tech.

uranjack posts videos on PbNation
uranjack plays in the APPA beginner division
uranjack supports DLX Technology
There is two orings on the bolt. The bolt sail and a bumper. The bolt said it the one farthest back of the two.
Eddie Tamao Fan#23

Current Markers: Red/Black Ego8, Redz Black/Red Ego7, Black/Black NXT, Black/Gold XSV SL74
uranjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:34 PM #6
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Remove the grip frame and take out your feather touch screw. It's the only small silver screw. Your skipped shots might be your manifold screw turned in too far. 2 to 2 1/2 turns in from flush is normal.

Post up once you have checked the above out..

It could be the bolts sail (larger oring) that is not sealing. But with stock parts it's rare. Even polished stock parts it's rare. Most of the time this oring will be tight and cause fsdo.

To check the sail oring=
Remove all of the cans 3 inner orings .
Then slide your bolt in the can.
It should move in the can not super easy but also not super hard.
Keep swaping out your bolts oring until you find that perfect slide.

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

Last edited by Pooty51 : 07-18-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 PM #7
Proud EGO Owner
$$$$ 816> LIFE $$$$

Proud EGO Owner supports Team VICIOUS
i replaced the oring and its still puffing. any other suggestions.
Proud EGO Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 AM #8
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Check the back caps inner oring. Make sure it fits on the back of your bolt good before you put it in .

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote