PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2011, 11:53 PM #22
Finch187
Six and One

Finch187 supports Team VICIOUS
doing vinyl stickers, banners, signs, and decals is full to get into. cost me a couple hundred to start but cant beat being your own boss.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 AM #23
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflezinator View Post
I read in a study, to start a legitament small business, you should set aside at least $600,000.00 ready to be put into your business. For a Legitament like a restaurant kinda thing, but I guess you guys are talking about mowing lawns?
No sir. Hello everyone! I just wanted to give my input on this.

I am a small business owner from Indiana. I started detailing cars when I was 16 while working for a family friends detailing shop. When I was 18 I ventured out on my own. I spent $400 in supplies for my first few cars.

After my first 8 cars I was doing $90 per car average, which gave me my supply money back and another few hundred profit. After awhile I saved up and had top level equipment. Within a year I was making $630 per week average. It just took some hard work on marketing my services.

After college, in which I got a degree in I.T, I began driving my father who was a dialysis patient to and from the clinic 3 times per week, twice per day. His normal ride was always 2-3 hours late which was unacceptable. So I figured I could do better.

Before long word got around and I had people coming to me asking me to transport them. I did some research and filed my DBA paper at the county recorder. Tree City Medicab was born.

None of this was easy! I started the company with a van and a cell phone. It was the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life, but it was all worth it. If I had to do it over again, I wouldnt change a thing.

One thing about starting a business is BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! Dont listen to negative people. It is hard, but so is living with no means to pay the bills. You have to ask yourself a serious question. Do you want to live the life you want or do you want to work a 9-5 while barely making ends meet?

My advice to you is to get out there and just go for it. Take some risk! Find something that you can do to make money with whatever it is you have at the moment. Whether its mowing lawns or detailing cars.

A super easy and suprisingly successful business is shopping for the elderly. Make some flyers for cheap and get the word out. I have a friend of mine started in that and she is doing pretty good so far. If you have a vehicle and legs then you can do this.

Another word of advice is dont spend money just because you have it. Put some back!!!

Last edited by Desperado_Ghost : 04-22-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Desperado_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 AM #24
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
medicab sound sinteresting id like to hear more about that
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 PM #25
criticalcondition
Don't mess

Do something that you like. With $100 you're going to have to get pretty creative, but make sure you put your facebook and twitter to good use to market. Flyers and posters would be good too just because those are very cheap to manufacture. Offer a service that people need ($100 would not be a substantial product investment) and let people know that you offer it. When you do a good job people will tell other people and you will grow. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 AM #26
Evilimp19
Kiss the Rings

has been a member for 10 years
We could probably help you a lot more if you told us a couple of things

1) what things are you good at?
2) what types of things do you like to do?
3) what's the short term financial goal you expect to meet?

It's very possible to start a business with little to no capital if you get creative. Some of the ideas posted already are great examples.

feedback--> http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=33674
Evilimp19 is offline   Reply With Quote