PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM #1
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Anyone else...

... get a little sick feeling in their tummy when they are watching a TV show or something and someone in ACUs shows up. Every time it's some retard or they get **** totally wrong. I understand that they can't get everything right but when some kid gets out of a car and he's in uniform he should at least put a hat on.

Even "military" shows do it. I remember watching "The Unit" and every time the Army showed up they were bumbling idiots that couldn't tie their own shoes.... on the other hand when the Marines showed up they always had their **** together.

I guess where I'm going with this is "come one Hollywood... is it that hard to higher some dude that spent some time in uniform to tell you not to do something blatantly retarded."

/rant

(and yes I said tummy... I see how mean you guys are to the submarine guys... take it easy on me please)
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM #2
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
I always get sick when I see the ACU's but thats just me.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 AM #3
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
I love when they do up the collars and look like absolute ******s in the process.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:34 AM #4
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
No, you aren't the only one. I love how much people to this day romanticize the USMC as well. Most of the marines I've met have been, reservists, POGs, boots, or non combat action vets. I've only got one Marine friend that has been worth a ****. I also love when I hear dirtbag marines running their mouths in bars about how they're cold blooded killers, then when I ask them how much time overseas they have they look at me stone cold and say "oh... I never went" or "I was in Iraq for 6mos from Jul-Dec09" But yeah... Hollywood makes the Army look far more ****ed up than it really as, as it makes the USMC look more squared away than it really is.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 AM #5
Jonnyblaze1991
Who Dares, Wins

You should see how some Seabees wear their 8 point covers. I guess it's only going to get worse with the NWU's and all.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 AM #6
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Seriously I am sick of all those "old timers" who romanticize **** and try to empathize with our generation... Like this mother****er who lives on my street and puts up his huge USMC flag in front of his house, who served in the 1970s and literally didn't do jack **** except go to boot and chase *****, and has the nerve to proclaim himself a "cold war" veteran. What a load of horse****. Had the nerve to tell me he knows what guys are going through now...

Last edited by berserker19 : 07-13-2010 at 07:32 AM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM #7
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

The Army was never in The Pacific Theater or Fallujah ALL MARINE CORPS.

Soldiers also always wear their collars up.

Marine Corps trains harder than the Army. But Special Forces is pretty much on par with the Marines so at least the Army has something

Soldiers are retards. All the Army does is force its will on everyone and everything and takes zero accountability for its actions and takes no advice or guidance from anyone.

Generals are all corrupt.

and on

and on

and on
Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 AM #8
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
And every Marine is a Karate Jitsu Thai Maga expert that fights crime when he is on leave. Duh.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 AM #9
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I lol when in movies the guy who is supposedly a ranger of SF is always gigantic and looks like a bodybuilder.
As a result, I find it nearly impossible to convince almost anyone that I am a prior service ranger (I am 6', 148lbs, do not have gigantic arms, and have no tattoos.)

Last edited by berserker19 : 07-13-2010 at 03:05 PM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM #10
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

SF dudes are also lawless. They can literally do whatever they want. They never wear uniforms, they never follow orders, they make their own rules and answer to no one. ROE's? F em. SF does what they want.

They are like cowboys with M4s.

MY FAVORITE: Army enlistments are optional to uphold. At any given time an NCO can decide to not fulfill his enlistment and work for the CIA or go do his own **** to "sort out the facts and uncover the truth"
Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM #11
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

N3RVE25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
MY FAVORITE: Army enlistments are optional to uphold. At any given time an NCO can decide to not fulfill his enlistment and work for the CIA or go do his own **** to "sort out the facts and uncover the truth"

"Originally posted by za1e: simple detective work can be very helpfull when ****ing someones **** up via smalltalk."
"Originally posted by youknowit546: I don't care what you call him but you must get him a cape. Frogs ****ing love capes."

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
N3RVE25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM #12
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

YUP

what I was referring to.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 PM #13
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Taco you had me going for a minute with your first post but I see the sarcasm now.

What sparked this thread was an episode of CSI: Miami where the lead actors kid was home for a few days. Of course he was in his ACUs (PV2). He didn't have a soft cap or beret on and acted all hard because he just got back from Iraq (no combat patch) and was going to.... dun dun dunnnnn.... EASTERN AFGHANISTAN in six days. Now I'm remembering the tragic film that was AVP II where there was the chic in desert MARPAT (do you guys call them DCUs still or something else?) with US Army on her name tape and a pair of PVS7s for her kid. It's enough to make me want to punch the director in the face with a chainsaw.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM #14
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

yah, I remember AVPII as well. I raged.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM #15
JackH (Banned)
13/f/cali

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Yeah, T.V. makes me ashamed to be in the Army.....until I remember that in 2003 my crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime we didn't commit. we promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, we survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find us - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 PM #16
dot.nation

best experienced while reading above.

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=722679
dot.nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM #17
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

Viper37 helped look for balloons
The only show I ever liked that featured the military was JAG. Coincidentally, it's the only show that was ever supported by DOD.
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:08 PM #18
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper37 View Post
The only show I ever liked that featured the military was JAG. Coincidentally, it's the only show that was ever supported by DOD.
NCIS gets quite a bit right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
I lol when in movies the guy who is supposedly a ranger of SF is always gigantic and looks like a bodybuilder.
As a result, I find it nearly impossible to convince almost anyone that I am a prior service ranger (I am 6', 148lbs, do not have gigantic arms, and have no tattoos.)
You're so tiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
And every Marine is a Karate Jitsu Thai Maga expert that fights crime when he is on leave. Duh.

Wait a second.... are you trying to tell me they DON'T go home and fight crime?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM #19
bnctaj

No, they go home and get shot thirteen times by off duty baltimore PD.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM #20
NorKaLKiLLa
Seen a lot of combat?

I go home and break laws to relieve stress