Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM #1
sscroggin

Is it worth my while

So I have an A5 like it cause I like all of the mods I can do for it, I also got it without doing too much research, 2yrs later I now know a little more about the game. I only go paintballing about 3 times a year because of the cost. So I just went this last weekend and took my brother in law and he loved it (shocker) so now he is going to get a gun and stuff. So after doing some research I come across the sp1 love it. Try to order can't find it at any online stores gets me thinking, come here and find out the company is either out of buisness or will be. So long story short I can get one NIW on ebay, do you guys think that it is worth getting or should I look elsewhere and go with a company that is still around.
sscroggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM #2
the_rotty

if you are not familiar with that system ( ION family of markers) i will say - skip it . if something go wrong you will be on your own, unless there is a nice proshop around you. and i am a SP1 fan and tippmann hater.
the_rotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM #3
MFCT

Have to agree with Rotty. I love my SP-1 and its decked out in upgrades...but if something goes wrong with the internals, it's going to be come a PITA to resolve at the current time.

Spent a lot of time ensuring I've become familiar with the inner workings of the marker, including all the BH settings and spent over a few hundred dollars to tune it's efficiency, etc. Super quiet and I can almost hit a case of paint off a single 90/4500. Even so, I'm half tempted to let it go and not have to continue worrying about it.

But it's a fantastic marker, if you have one!
MFCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 PM #4
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
Yeah, it's tough. Great marker but no customer support so...flip a coin?
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM #5
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

I would take an sp-1 over a tippmann any day.

I say get one if you can find one cheap enough. They'll work fine as long as learn how to maintain them the proper way and don't do stupid things like over pressurize it. Also, don't use co2 with them because that's a sure fire way to screw 'em up.

Really, the only thing you have to do to a sp-1 is lube it, and maybe change an oring now and then, and that's it.
Sometimes you might have to take the reg apart to lube it, but that's a piece of cake also.

As far as Smart Parts goes, they'll be back in business eventually.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote