PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-01-2010, 01:25 PM #85
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You still doing this nobodys home? I'm still at 182.5-183ish. Seems like I plateau for a little while then drop a lot of weight fast. Funny thing, last time i dropped fast was right after i went out drinking for a night. Maybe carb loading one meal would help? Anybody got any insight?
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM #86
nobodyshome13

nobodyshome13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nobodyshome13 supports Team VICIOUS
nobodyshome13 is for the Gunfight
nobodyshome13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yes im still doing it, been with out a computer and my work schedule has been hectic. should have a computer tomorrow though im hoping. I would say carb load once a week for 3-4 meals.

im getting a gym membership on wednesday and am hoping that i will be more successful than i have been so far. i think im going to tweak my diet a little more and add a lot more cardo in. my weight has been up and down, i really dont feel like i look any different though. the past few weeks have been kinda rough. got a new job working 60 hours a week, trying to sign up for school and get that stuff going. and trying to have some what of a social life while not eating like ****. once school starts i think i should be on track to do a lot better. I will be going to school in the morning, working out in the afternoon before work and then working nights at a restaurant 6 days a week.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 PM #87
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
eating carbs and running will make you lose so much more fat than keto. i'm not a big fan of this diet at all and it doesn't even seem like it's working for you and it's a huge hassle. no thank you.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM #88
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
eating carbs and running will make you lose so much more fat than keto. i'm not a big fan of this diet at all and it doesn't even seem like it's working for you and it's a huge hassle. no thank you.
It's not really a diet you're supposed to be on for a long time. It's more of a quick cut thing. You can definitely lose much more weight in way less time by doing a keto diet. Losing weight by running isn't really a great way to lose weight (at least it hasn't been for me). Obviously if you run hard everyday for a few months you'll see losses. If you're in ketosis and you do cardio though, youll see way bigger losses (in my experience). Keto is supposed a good way to lose straight fat (if you eat correctly). Running you just lose weight, you're not targetting fat loss specifically.

It's really not a hassle at all to eat with limited carbs. There's really nothing with carbs that I even miss that I would be eating anyways. Obviously some days i'd like a bowl of ice cream or some **** but it's better to not eat it anyways so I don't really miss it.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 AM #89
p8ntballoc11

pretty much impossible to get a good run in on a keto diet. you need carbs.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM #90
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
pretty much impossible to get a good run in on a keto diet. you need carbs.
I'm not gonna kid myself and say I'm a runner like you. I bike cause of my back, but to be honest I haven't noticed any lack of energy at all. If your definition of a "good run" is like 5 miles then maybe you'll have trouble on a keto diet. I usually just go hard for 20-30 minutes with whatever cardio and I'm fine.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:37 AM #91
p8ntballoc11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I'm not gonna kid myself and say I'm a runner like you. I bike cause of my back, but to be honest I haven't noticed any lack of energy at all. If your definition of a "good run" is like 5 miles then maybe you'll have trouble on a keto diet. I usually just go hard for 20-30 minutes with whatever cardio and I'm fine.
ya that's actually a good point. i just really like distance running and it's not really an option with keto so i'm actually really harsh on it just because it doesn't fit my routine. my bad

Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM #92
nobodyshome13

So I finally have a computer now, took long enough haha.

the past few weeks have been up and down and I'm not going to lie and say i've been doing great. I know I've been in and out of ketosis. I'm not going to make ****ty excuses for it either. My plan now is to start to change it up a little bit. I have been working at a restaurant for two weeks and I get a free meal every day I work. also, I will be hitting the gym every day I work either before or after work. (more than likely before since I work nights I don't get off until 2AM almost every day I work). I think it should work out well since I am working six days a week. I'm planning on doing an hour (or so) of lifting and then an hour of cardo.

so this is what my average daily intake is going to look like.

Breakfast:
3 eggs mixed with heavy whipping cream cheese and a chicken breast/ steak.

snacks:
peanut/almond butter, peanuts, beef jerky, ect.

Lunch: chicken/steak/tuna and some sorta veg.

Pre workout:
protein shake

Post workout:
Steak and veg
protein shake

Dinner:
chicken or steak
broccoli

When I get home from work:
casen shake

Im thinking this will work a whole lot better than before, should be less of a hassle.

looking for a good six day split work out routein, been looking at bb.com but not sure what i should look for. I have been trying to find workouts that have squats, deads, and bench then other more targeted lifts.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM #93
peltco123 (Banned)

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
I started a keto diet 2 days ago, is yours working well? What are your daily cals like? What are your macro splits like? Are you tkd ckd or skd?
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM #94
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Just ordered some shirataki noodles. I'm excited to try them.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:33 PM #95
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I'm still in. Been busy as hell. Scale keeps moving down. I had to poke another hole in my belt (this is the 2nd new hole)... in the good direction.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 PM #96
nobodyshome13

sounds like everyone has been doing good. Like I said I've been up and down on this diet. I am almost positive I've been in and out of ketosis frequently and I am not seeing the results I was hoping for. that being said, I now am going to try something a little different like I posted before.

I'm going to try to mix in all of the different keto diets, I think.
My plan is to have one "carb up" if you will meal a week, on the day i'm not working out. then on the days I do work out I am going to take in the majority of my carbs for the day (half before my workout and half after) I believe this should keep my body in ketosis and should help with energy and the such.

Opinions on this?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM #97
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I'm still in. Been busy as hell. Scale keeps moving down. I had to poke another hole in my belt (this is the 2nd new hole)... in the good direction.
god i miss you
Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM #98
nobodyshome13

so I have to go to the store in the morning and i'm trying to think of a grocery list, what I have so far:

heavy whipping cream
flax seed oil
sausage
eggs
all natural pb
frozen broccoli
bag of salad

I already have chicken, steak, tuna, ground beef and olive oil.

any more recommendations for my grocery list?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM #99
nobodyshome13

I went and picked up some ketone test strips today, my plan is to test at least once if not twice a week. I want to make sure I'm doing everything right this go around.

I have some bad news for myself though, the idiots at my new work didn't bother to tell me that the paychecks were a week behind and that the 50+ hour week I worked last week wouldn't be on the paycheck I got today. This means I have to wait another two weeks before getting a gym membership. i guess this will be two weeks to get my **** together before hitting the gym hard.

also, after reading about the warrior diet and keto, I think I'm going to give it a try. My plan is to fast from 9pm to 1pm the following day. I am deciding to do this because I work 6 or 7 days a week for 8+ hours a day cooking and can eat bacon and chicken and steak at work, so I will have a keto luch at 1pm every day consisting of eggs and some sort of meat or fish more than likely, work out, have a protein shake, go into work between 4pm and 5:30pm and have a chicken breast when I get there, eat some bacon through out the next few hours, then eat some sort of protein at 9pm. the only other thing I would ingest would be a casen shake after I got off work before I go to sleep.

I think this will fit my life style a whole lot better but if it doesn't I will try something else. I will make something work.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 AM #100
nobodyshome13

I did really good yesterday,

I had some cashews, a chicken breast, about ten strips of bacon, 2oz of shredded cheese, olive oil and a protein shake and a croissant.

1660 calories
107g of fat 58%
30g of carbs 8%
134g of protein 32%

Im going to try to up the protein and fat today and the carbs will go down too, stupid croissant haha.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM #101
memphisballa123
grizzly mint ftw!!!

im also doing keto, but im doing a high protein, mid fat, low carbs. its Dave Paulumbo's write up on keto, so far I am enjoying it. I also bought the ketoine strips a couple of days ago.

my daily food intake looks like this.

breakfeast: 5 whole eggs 4 egg whites (egg beaters)
snack 1: 2 scoop protein 1 table spoon almondbutter
Lunch: Lean meat (chicken, fish, etc) 1 serving of almonds (25)
snack2:2 scoop protein 1 table spoon almondbutter
dinner: fatty meat (salmon, steak, etc) salad with 1 table spoon of olive oil
snack 3: 2 scoops protein 1 table spoon of almondbutter.
Also i have one cup of black coffe a day, no set time just when i feel i need a "boost". Probley just going to buy some caffine pills because there more convienant.
memphisballa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:07 AM #102
nobodyshome13

What are your Marcos? And how many grams of protein,fat,and carbs are you taking in a day?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM #103
nobodyshome13

had a pretty good day yesterday as well,

the girlfriend wanted to go to micky d's for lunch. yuck. I got a mcdouble took the bread off, and then put the meat on top of a side salad and called it lunch. wont be doing that again.

dinner what 2 7oz chicken breasts grilled, 6 strips of bacon, and about 2oz of cheese. chicken and bacon were cut up and mixed together then the cheese was put on top and melted under the broiler.

also had some salami and pepperoni for a snack.

1854 calories
110g of fat
5g of carbs
161g of protein

**EDIT**
I haven't weighed myself in weeks, my weight this morning was 233.0
so I've lost 7.5lbs so far. not to bad.

Last edited by nobodyshome13 : 08-06-2010 at 02:16 PM.
nobodyshome13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:38 AM #104
nobodyshome13

had a good day yesterday. All had was a philly cheese steak salad from lennys with out the crackers and without the croutons. Then some bacon at work. That's it.

I will edit later with the calories and the macro split, I am posting this from my phone.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:26 PM #105
xxacejacobxx
His name is CARLOS!

xxacejacobxx is playing at Living Legends III
xxacejacobxx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xxacejacobxx supports Team VICIOUS
hope it gos good for you im also starting a diet gonna post a tread soon of wht i started at and what im at later
xxacejacobxx is offline   Reply With Quote