Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM #22
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyshome13 View Post
well I'm not trying to blog, as I said in the first post this is to see if this works and to keep everyone here just as informed and learn about the diet as me. like I said before I will be posting at least one post a day explaining what I at and when I ate it and when I work out. I don't really see the harm in it because I'm trying to be informative and keep this up to date while loosing weight. I originally thought of just adding it to one of the other threads but I figured this would just be easier all together. sorry if this seems like a blog because I didn't intend on it to be, it was more for information purposes and to keep me on track than anything else.
Ignore him. You'd be irritable too if your name was Black Anus
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM #23
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Don't listen to him. You'd be irritable too if your name WASN'T Black Anus.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM #24
x RENEGADE x (Banned)

x RENEGADE x helped look for balloons
x RENEGADE x is playing at Living Legends III
x RENEGADE x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x RENEGADE x supports Team VICIOUS
Stop trying to lose weight and just lift heavy weight. What's the point of going from a fat ***** to a skinny *****?
x RENEGADE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 PM #25
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Some people have never had the ability to be a skinny *****.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM #26
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

At his weight, why the **** wouldn't he want to lose weight?

At least he's doing something about it, which is better than 90% of fat people, especially Americans.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 PM #27
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I had a really good day today. Rest day, but tomorrow I run. I want to wake up before work but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

I'm not doing keto since I'd abuse it. I've been doing a insulin-prep meal in the morning; 2 eggs scrambled and a 1/4 of a protein shake. After about 30 minutes I have a hot tea, the rest of the protein shake, and some red grapes. The idea is that the initial meal starts insulin production without spiking it, so the bigger meal doesn't spike blood-glucose and spike insulin.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 PM #28
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

I feel like you'd have a better grasp on biological function than most, haha.

And for real, I would kill to have a metabolism like most guys in this forum. I see pictures of when people weren't lifting, and even then I'm jealous. I've worked hard for the past few months to get to a point where I'm just not a fat ***, let alone tone, and I'm going to have to keep at it for the rest of my life to not be there again. It's hard for me to want to eat big to bulk, for instance, since I'd put on weight way faster than guys that were skinny before they started bulking. A lot of people haven't had the opportunity to be thin, god forbid being anywhere near cut, and I want to get there before I go anywhere else fitness-wise.

I know there are ways to avoid it, but my main goal is not to have to worry about how I look shirtless after dealing with a decade of it. As ***** as it may sound.

Last edited by Jlausen : 07-06-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 PM #29
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
i was embarrassed to be shirtless before because i was so skinny. pretty much everyone has had insecurities with themselves at one point or another. hopefully though you become comfortable with yourself once you've put in some work.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM #30
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Part of it is just juvenile bull****, but after being a fat kid you wish you had the problems skinny people did. I'm way less concerned about it now, because I'm more comfortable/give less of a **** about what other people think, but it's still an issue for me. Which is good because it's just motivation.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 AM #31
nobodyshome13

nobodyshome13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nobodyshome13 supports Team VICIOUS
nobodyshome13 is for the Gunfight
nobodyshome13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slept in a little bit today, yesterday was harder to stick to no carbs but I did it.

breakfast 9:00
4 hard boiled eggs made in to egg salad with a tablespoon of olive oil mayo and some mustard.
1oz of cheese
water

lunch:
5oz tuna, olive oil mayo, mustard.
wasn't really hungry at all

snack:
2 servings dry roasted peanuts

dinner:
10oz tuna, olive oil mayo, mustard
water
didnt feel like fixing anything else for dinner

just got done with p90x. felt kinda tired and finished with a headache but im not really worried about it.

Last edited by nobodyshome13 : 07-07-2010 at 08:40 PM.
nobodyshome13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 PM #32
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
I went strong today as well. About a 1.5 mile jog on the treadmill this afternoon. 2 eggs and a protein bar for breakfast, salad for lunch, going to do a post-workout shake for lunch#2 and I'll have some calories stockpiled for a good dinner.

As I said, I've been watching what I eat for a little while now, but really counting calories starting a few days ago.

Luckily for me I've lifted weights most of my life, so I won't have to worry too much about bulking up once I get my weight down. I also retain my strength well.

A few years ago I went on a keto diet and lost 40 pounds and was down to about 205. But I gained all of it back during college. Regardless, I feel more on track now than I did back then. Very motivated, and I think things are different this time around.

My advice for keto: DO NOT CHEAT. I was on keto for 3 months without going over 20 carbs for a single day (not on thanksgiving, halloween, or christmas), then found myself at an Eagles game and I ate a cheesesteak. That's what started my spiral and within 2 years I gained it all back. Cheating on keto causes your insulin levels to rise rapidly because you're not used to the high blood sugar. It stalls ketosis for a few days, and is the worst thing you can do.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I figure it would be easier for us to talk about how we're doing.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 07-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM #33
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I went strong today as well. About a 1.5 mile jog on the treadmill this afternoon. 2 eggs and a protein bar for breakfast, salad for lunch, going to do a post-workout shake for lunch#2 and I'll have some calories stockpiled for a good dinner.

As I said, I've been watching what I eat for a little while now, but really counting calories starting a few days ago.

Luckily for me I've lifted weights most of my life, so I won't have to worry too much about bulking up once I get my weight down. I also retain my strength well.

A few years ago I went on a diet and lost 35 pounds and was down to about 205. But I gained all of it back during college. Regardless, I feel more on track now than I did back then. Very motivated, and I think things are different this time around.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I figure it would be could to keep each other accountable
I think its a great idea. right now I'm trying to loose weight. long term goal is around 190lbs. once I hit 200ish I plan to stop keto and go back to a balanced diet and start lifting heavy. right now im looking to cut then put on muscle but stay as lean as possible.

as for my background. I lost about 45 lbs in the summer of 2008 marching drumcorps, which i'm aware no one really knows what that is, and since then its slowly come back. as far as lifting goes. I lifted for about 3 or 4 months during the fall-winter of 09 and I lifted pretty heavy for about a year and a half in highschool.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM #34
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Drumcorps go hard. My sister plays drums and she's looked into it. I know people that have done it as well.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM #35
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen View Post
Drumcorps go hard. My sister plays drums and she's looked into it. I know people that have done it as well.
I've made it the past two years just have not had the money to do it. Its expensive, and you have to just up and leave you home for 2-3 months. The memories and experience, and gaining the maturity is well worth it all though.

I will hopefully be able to march next summer though.

for everyone that is wondering what were talking about its this.

click here

I play the biggest bass drum, which if you dont know the bass drums on the left when we are playing, snare in the middle, and tenors on the right.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 PM #36
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

I play a kit, but am nowhere near the level in anything, let alone music, to those guys. I've never had formal training but the **** they do is ridiculous.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 AM #37
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyshome13 View Post
finished with a headache
After my cheat day I'm stuck with one for 2 days about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
My advice for keto: DO NOT CHEAT. I was on keto for 3 months without going over 20 carbs for a single day (not on thanksgiving, halloween, or christmas), then found myself at an Eagles game and I ate a cheesesteak. That's what started my spiral and within 2 years I gained it all back. Cheating on keto causes your insulin levels to rise rapidly because you're not used to the high blood sugar. It stalls ketosis for a few days, and is the worst thing you can do.
Having a cheat day each week is the ideal way to go if you're lifting.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM #38
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
Not for serious weight loss. I've been overweight/fat most of my life, and its not like I've never tried to diet before. We generally have weak will-power when it comes to food. I know plenty people who will be on a diet for a week or so, then cheat once and its all over. Even this morning I saw that my mom made brownies, and I impulsively went to take off "just a bite". I stopped myself because I knew as soon as I took a bite that I would have eaten 4000 calories by the end of the day... and at least 3 of those brownies.

Headaches can mean you're not drinking enough (should be a lot, especially when on keto), or your brain is starved for glucose. Your brain can only use glucose for energy, and once the supplies are gone, you'll start to get a headache. It could also be high blood pressure if you're not used to working out, or something unrelated. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Make sure you get 20 grams of carbs every day. It won't help weight loss to get less than 20. You can get them from milk.

Anyway, officially "Day 4" and I feel like I'm more motivated, and that its becoming fairly routine (sleep early, wake up early, get on with my day). Rest day today but I worked up a good sweat working on my car for 2 hours. Workout tomorrow. Can't wait for my weigh-in next week.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 07-08-2010 at 03:39 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 PM #39
Hawke

I was going the fat loss + heavy lifting route. I don't really need to drop a ton since I'm only 200lbs as is so I went with the one cheat day a week route.

I drink an absurd amount of water every day. I have a 32oz water thing with me everywhere I go and just fill it up when it runs out. They're not crippling, but they just suck.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 PM #40
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

I don't drink like I'm supposed to unfortunately. I get a decent amount of fluid, but it's nowhere near what it should be, especially since I work outside/in attics all the time. My cheat day is less of a cheat day and more of a normal caloric intake day. I'm sub 2000 calories most days, this week has been a little different (2300-2600) but it's way less than my body consumes with work/working out.

I've definitely hit a plateau though, which is disheartening.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 PM #41
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
I probably burn a pretty high amount since I'm fairly active as well (its sort of hard to come up with a number). As of now I have a 1600 limit with a 1900 workout day cap, but I have some flexibility. This is probably about 1/2 of what I burn. As long as I'm under 2000 I won't consider it cheating.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 PM #42
nobodyshome13

sorry about no post yesterday, it was a pretty rough day ( diet wise and personal life wise)

me and my girlfriend had a pretty ****ty day yesterday and I let it cause my diet to be ****ty. I'm no good when it comes to arguing with her and thats all we did yesterday.

I didnt have breakfast or lunch and I had a late dinner.

dinner consisted of 10 wings from bbw and I had a hand full of peanuts some where in there too. that was it for yesterday. I think since this happened I will consider this my "carb up" day. I'm going to try the one day high carbs a week thing and if I dont like it ill just stick to 30g of carbs a day every day.

today has been pretty good though:

breakfast:
4 hard boiled eggs, olive oil mayo, mustard

Lunch:
coleslaw lettuce with tuna salad (can of tuna, olive oil mayo, mustard) on top

dinner:
lemon pepper chicken breasts with green beans.

EDIT:

I drink quite a bit of water through out the day, and its the only thing i drink. i think i burn quite a bit of calories a day, im active a lot of the time on top of my work outs and walking schedule.

I have been having diarrhea pretty bad though for the past few days. I'm not really sure why?

Last edited by nobodyshome13 : 07-10-2010 at 12:28 AM.
nobodyshome13 is offline   Reply With Quote