Community Focus

Old 07-05-2010, 10:07 AM #1
nobodyshome13

nobodyshome13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nobodyshome13 supports Team VICIOUS
nobodyshome13 is for the Gunfight
nobodyshome13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
keto weight loss log

I decided to make a keto diet log on here to not only help me keep the diet going but also to be an example to everyone else in ST:F. In the nutrition thread there was a dispute about how well keto works and I want to find out. Might as well keep a log of it on here. I will also be using fitday to keep up with everything I intake and will be using whey post workout.

I plan to list one post per day and edit it as I eat and or work out through out the day. Every Monday I plan to post pictures like the ones in this post and also post measurements. My workouts for at least the first week will be through p90x. flame it all you want, its all I have right now. I hope to be getting my deposit back from my old apartment and when that comes in I will get a gym membership. I also plan to walk at least 2 miles a day. the reason for walking is on this diet your forcing your body to eat fat, your going to burn more fat when you heart rate is close to 120 and that cant be achieved by running.

Height: 6"1'
weight: 240.5 lbs as of 8:00am this morning

measurements:
neck:16 1/4 in
bicep:16 in
forearm:12 1/2 in
chest: 43 in
waist: 43 in
hips: 45 in
thigh: 26 1/2 in
calf: 18 1/2 in

goal: 210 lbs, 30.5 lbs in 91 days

start date: July 5th
end date: October 4th
13 weeks or 91 days

pictures:

Breakfast 8:30

4 hard boiled eggs
2oz mild cheddar cheese
water

Lunch: 12:30
5oz of tuna,olive oil mayo, coarse ground mustard
another 2oz of mild cheddar
water

snack, post workout: 2:30
Just finished p90x for the day.
post work out whey and a serving of dry roasted peanuts.

Dinner:630
grilled chicken salad, no croutons, no tomatoes (dont like them), no dressing.
water

end of day one:
fat: 110.8 grams
carbs: 28.2 grams (18.2 net grams)
protein: 164.3 grams
calories: 1789

(might add a pm protein shake to get more protein, if i do this will change)

Last edited by nobodyshome13 : 07-05-2010 at 07:43 PM.
nobodyshome13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:46 PM #2
Smart Parts Player12

Good luck man, keep us informed. No reason to think that p90x isn't legitimate. A kid I went to high school with got absolutely huge using p90x, it works.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM #3
nobodyshome13

It's a good start I think, its just got a bad rep here. When I get a gym membership I think im still going to do p90X. I like the workouts and I think it is a good weight loss program that fits into my diet well as long as I keep my HR down.

we will find out.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM #4
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
P90x is honestly a really solid cutting program, GL.
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM #5
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

It takes stones to do something like this, especially on a forum where people are so ready to flame. The bb.com forums for fat loss are pretty supportive and if you look at the transformation threads it motivates you a lot.

Good luck dude, if you keep track of it and monitor progress then it's all the support you need. Nobody that's worth anything will hate if you keep up with it.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:06 PM #6
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peltco123 View Post
P90x is honestly a really solid cutting program, GL.
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen View Post
It takes stones to do something like this, especially on a forum where people are so ready to flame. The bb.com forums for fat loss are pretty supportive and if you look at the transformation threads it motivates you a lot.

Good luck dude, if you keep track of it and monitor progress then it's all the support you need. Nobody that's worth anything will hate if you keep up with it.
people can flame me if they want, im a bigger dude and I have been all of my life. I think if I can drop my weight to around 190 though and then clean bulk with a legit lifting program I can look pretty good. I think my body is set up to have a nice build. my ****ty diet and uneven workout past has left me here. I want to log it so I can keep motivated and actually keep with this. Ive been reading on bb.com and all that and everyone there is really supportive but I would rather have some one be an ******* to me but speak the truth than people there just say good job or good luck. Im ready to change my body and my life and this is a good start it think. I will post here every day for at least 91 days and if it is successful I will keep it going until reach my goal of 190ish. thanks for the support though man, I wasn't expecting support like this and im glad that it is here.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:06 PM #7
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
if you didn't do p90x before and are doing it you're going to lose weight regardless of being on keto or not. It's smarter and healthier to eat a clean balanced diet than to go keto and eat just straight protein and fat. you'll have more energy too. and instead of walking 2 miles you could be running 10 like me.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 PM #8
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
if you didn't do p90x before and are doing it you're going to lose weight regardless of being on keto or not. It's smarter and healthier to eat a clean balanced diet than to go keto and eat just straight protein and fat. you'll have more energy too. and instead of walking 2 miles you could be running 10 like me.
haha **** I've never dreamed of running 10 miles but I would try and get there just to say I did. I haven't done p90x before this and I figured this would be a good start. I don't plan to keep the keto lifestyle, it's simply a diet to cut. I plan after this cut is over to eat a balanced diet and start running more and more and lifting. shoot maybe competing if I really stick to this all like im planning to. though right now im just trying to take it day by day and week by week.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:18 PM #9
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Good luck man. Remember that it's not a quick fix and will take some time. Don't give up too easily, and most of all...don't weigh yourself every other day.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 PM #10
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Good luck man. Remember that it's not a quick fix and will take some time. Don't give up too easily, and most of all...don't weigh yourself every other day.
thanks man, I'm not looking to drop 50lbs in a week and then gain 75lbs the next. I'm ready to take as much time as needed. i threw out 30lbs in 9 weeks because I needed a goal. As for weighing my self, I will weigh my self every Monday morning before breakfast. Im pretty motivated and know where to look to find good things for more motivation so im fairly certain im going to stick with it.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM #11
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyshome13 View Post
thanks man, I'm not looking to drop 50lbs in a week and then gain 75lbs the next. I'm ready to take as much time as needed. i threw out 30lbs in 9 weeks because I needed a goal. As for weighing my self, I will weigh my self every Monday morning before breakfast. Im pretty motivated and know where to look to find good things for more motivation so im fairly certain im going to stick with it.
About **** a chicken when I read this...then I realized you actually have a good idea of what is going on and that its just a typo. Good luck to you, and be sure to keep us updated
Old 07-05-2010, 03:40 PM #12
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
About **** a chicken when I read this...then I realized you actually have a good idea of what is going on and that its just a typo. Good luck to you, and be sure to keep us updated
haha, I said i'm not looking to do that. I exaggerated it for that reason haha, but thanks man and ill keep posting. At least one post a day.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM #13
offlimitspballa
Love Christ. Love people.

has been a member for 10 years
offlimitspballa is for the Gunfight
offlimitspballa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
offlimitspballa has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
offlimitspballa supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyshome13 View Post
It's a good start I think, its just got a bad rep here. When I get a gym membership I think im still going to do p90X. I like the workouts and I think it is a good weight loss program that fits into my diet well as long as I keep my HR down.

we will find out.
Honestly, if you like doing something and it's progressing you towards your goals, just do it. Most of the posters in ST:F hate CrossFit too, but I love it and I'm making really good progress. In the end, you're lifting/training based on what YOU want to do, not anybody else.

Good luck!

Small Talk Money Tracking
BMDT:Tell us what you don't like about yourself
WTB Thread | Indy, Rapper, Gear F/S
Alien Army
"We'll Rule the World"
offlimitspballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 PM #14
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlimitspballa View Post
Honestly, if you like doing something and it's progressing you towards your goals, just do it. Most of the posters in ST:F hate CrossFit too, but I love it and I'm making really good progress. In the end, you're lifting/training based on what YOU want to do, not anybody else.

Good luck!

I think I will end up doing pretty well. Today has been a breeze, food is good energy is good. I am actually really looking forward to the next few weeks and seeing the outcome.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM #15
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I'm actually about 240 too, and have worked out regularly for about 13 years, but it was almost all weightlifting. I started interval training and running and I've been feeling a lot better, but still haven't really lost any weight due to poor diet. I'm 5'11", and a few years older than you.

I've improved my diet within the past week, and I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables rather than processed food and meat. I'll be right along with you. I'm going for 20 pounds in 8 weeks for my short term goal, but then just keeping this my routine.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM #16
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

If you're 5'11, 240, you could definitely lose more if you're on top of your diet alone. I'm 6'1 170 now, and over the course of 2 months I lost 25lbs with no exercise outside of work (construction, but it's not as labor intensive some days as it is others). Granted, some was muscle, but if that is an intentionally conservative goal, be prepared to outdo it by a large amount if you're diligent.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:49 AM #17
nobodyshome13

~~day 2~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I'm actually about 240 too, and have worked out regularly for about 13 years, but it was almost all weightlifting. I started interval training and running and I've been feeling a lot better, but still haven't really lost any weight due to poor diet. I'm 5'11", and a few years older than you.

I've improved my diet within the past week, and I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables rather than processed food and meat. I'll be right along with you. I'm going for 20 pounds in 8 weeks for my short term goal, but then just keeping this my routine.

sounds good man, don't be afraid to update us every once and a while weather it be one here or some place else. good luck

today I have to do p90x and walk early, I have to take my girlfriend to the zoo and to dinner for our 2 year anniversary. Im feeling pretty good this morning, a little tired but its no biggie.

breakfast: 8:30
4 hard boiled eggs
cheese
water

lunch: 1:30
1/2lb ground beef
cheese
water

dinner was around 6:00
went out to dinner,
got a cheese burger with no bun and some water.

work out was about 2:00
I had to really squeeze it in, it was a very busy day.
protein shake about 3:00

Last edited by nobodyshome13 : 07-07-2010 at 09:34 AM.
nobodyshome13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 PM #18
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

While I think this is a good idea, PbN isn't your personal blog. I think you'd be better off just posting in the GDT/Nutritional thread than this, or at least keeping the posts here to maybe once a week.

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't think this is the place for this kind of thing.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 PM #19
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
While I think this is a good idea, PbN isn't your personal blog. I think you'd be better off just posting in the GDT/Nutritional thread than this, or at least keeping the posts here to maybe once a week.

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't think this is the place for this kind of thing.
well I'm not trying to blog, as I said in the first post this is to see if this works and to keep everyone here just as informed and learn about the diet as me. like I said before I will be posting at least one post a day explaining what I at and when I ate it and when I work out. I don't really see the harm in it because I'm trying to be informative and keep this up to date while loosing weight. I originally thought of just adding it to one of the other threads but I figured this would just be easier all together. sorry if this seems like a blog because I didn't intend on it to be, it was more for information purposes and to keep me on track than anything else.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM #20
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Good luck, need any help on it let me know. Ive done keto before with decent resualts. Also started at 265 at 5'11"-6'0". Sitting at a much leaner 187 right now, and was as light at 160.

"Originally posted by LostFaction15: :tup: to all of you

except for maddog, hes a doucher"
matrixkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM #21
nobodyshome13

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixkid89 View Post
Good luck, need any help on it let me know. Ive done keto before with decent resualts. Also started at 265 at 5'11"-6'0". Sitting at a much leaner 187 right now, and was as light at 160.
damn that's impressive. I will pm you with all questions I come up with