TANG INA MO!!!!!

STECKTASTICK.........great team mate on and off the field
zeropaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM #23
big oak
infectious paintball

one of the guyz that got me into playing pump justin used to played for B.G.ARMY in utah he was the ultimate ninja
have not seen him for 2-3 years
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM #24
Egoowner42 (Banned)
Blue Devils

Michelle Chavez from LA Hitmen.
Egoowner42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:19 PM #25
Big_Magnum357

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I have to agree with jeffwilson on this one on many of his points. Choosing your favorite player involves so many factors to weigh out that it’s impossible to choose just one.

However, personally, I believe one of the most important aspects of choosing a player in which to respect is not so much field aptitude or even influence on and off the field but simple longevity in the sport. People who have been doing this for over 10 years, having gone through the beginnings of the sport of paintball and the dramatic shifts into semi automatic play. Then having the audacity to keep playing pump despite these changes in ideology and sticking with pump through the good times and the bad, I think deserves ALL of our respect.

In the grand scheme of things, we pumpers at present are all riding on the shoulders of those harbingers of the sport who have literally been there from the beginning. They were the ones who were promoting pump before any of us even stepped onto a paintball field. They were the ones who continued to play pump even when the vast majority of players in their local fields were sporting the latest in microchip technology. And now, as pump enjoys an incredible growth in numbers and popularity over 20 years after the first paintball markers were mass produced, these “old school” players (whether they are playing now or not) should be given their dues.

So, if I were to choose one player, I’d have to pick Mike Abbott of team Blitz. And I admit there is a bit of favoritism because he is a teammate, but I know from getting to know him over the past several years that he’s “been there and done that” when it comes to pump and paintball. No matter what the passing seasons bring, he’s always dedicating himself to the sport by playing in tournaments (against people half his age no less), coming out to practices and promoting the sport of pump to the newer generations that are coming into their own.

Others who I’ve grown to admire would definitely be Mike Masushige, Tim Yip, Glen and Mike Chon and Derrick Obatake for their leadership and longevity in the sport. The shear knowledge they have for the sport both technically and historically is of great value to us. We should all be indebted to their determination and resolve to further the sport of paintball and specifically pump. Of course there are many more whom I have unfortunately never met who deserve the same respect. These are just some names in my limited experiences in paintball that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting so far.

So, here’s to you Real Men of Genius… you Predecessors of Pump! Your incessant pumping one ball at a time rain or shine, despite torn knee ligaments and broken up teams has made it possible for all of us to enjoy the pump paintball we play today! So we salute you, you Kings of the 10 Round. Because without you, we’d probably all be shooting way too much paint out of a semi to do what one good shot out of a pump can do!

EK
Thanks Eugene it means a lot.

Tim
Member of the Flipped Out Army
Team Special ED
"When you are pushed killing is as easy as breathing"
Rambo, John J. 2008
Big_Magnum357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 AM #26
chargermikec

Mike Masushige .......... Sorry Juni, your still one of my favorites to watch.
chargermikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:59 AM #27
bunker-monkey

bunker-monkey is playing at Living Legends III
bunker-monkey plays in the APPA D4 division
bunker-monkey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
East Coast time...

Carter Brown

First off he's a phenomenal player on the field, great awareness and he'll clip you if you give him a chance.

Secondly off the field he promotes pump with his involvement in the Gravity League with Fluff, and his willingness to be an ambassador of pump everywhere he wips that pump out. Answering all questions and getting more people involved is like second nature to this guy.

Thirdly the website he runs is a central hub for pump players in the Northeast and all over the world. Many of us wouldn't have made the connections to get involved if it wasn't for his efforts.

Thanks Carter, you're the man!

Bunker
Old 07-06-2010, 08:52 AM #28
Naut
T M G

Naut plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrGamR2k1 View Post
Tom from Mutiny; cuz he has forcefield powers.
QFT
- Virsix|Apparel - PM me to get a Kwiky rotor speedfeed!
***RaT-PacK***
Naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:46 PM #29
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
Jeff,

Thanks for the mention. I consider it an honor for someone of your caliber to even include my name in this post.

The one thing that is definitely true about me is.............. I DO have a lot of STORIES!!

Sal.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:10 PM #30
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni View Post
the man, the myth the legend.. DERRICK OBATAKE!!
Yeah, at his age and how fast he is, it's amazing. He is one of the friendliest guys out there with a contagious enthusiasm for pump paintball.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 PM #31
HaVoK baLL3r
Playin' since the Y2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Me too. 'Cuz I'm cuter in person.
LOL

I'm definitely my favorite pumper.
HaVoK baLL3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 PM #32
jeffwilson

Quote:
Jeff,

Thanks for the mention. I consider it an honor for someone of your caliber to even include my name in this post.

The one thing that is definitely true about me is.............. I DO have a lot of STORIES!!
psshh! its an honor to have been able to meet the likes of you, mike, and the many others that i've been blessed to call my compadres. Its soo hard to only mention a few after meeting so many great people in the pump community tho! so here's a big to all the pumpers that aren't tool-bags!

I&I Sports

Want pump related gear and information??? go here:
ART OF PUMP
jeffwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 PM #33
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropaint View Post
STECKTASTICK.........great team mate on and off the field
Stecktastic gets my vote. He has been playing pump to long with to much swagger

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 PM #34
nostayhome
PART-TIME H3RO Pro.

I would have to go with Derrick Obatake. Because of the passion he has for the game and he's even a greater person off of the field. I don't know to many people who would play after shoulder surgery.

Photo's taken by drunkpile
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 PM #35
drgonzo
Half-cocked

My favorite pump player is Pump!

Oh wait you said PLAYER ... darn ...
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 AM #36
zeropaint
TANG INA MO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
I would have to go with Derrick Obatake. Because of the passion he has for the game and he's even a greater person off of the field. I don't know to many people who would play after shoulder surgery.

Photo's taken by drunkpile
wow!!!! you can see it in his eyes.....
zeropaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 AM #37
Gillymonster
&quot;Its a lifestyle for life

My favorite pump player is my buddy Danny.
He doesnt post here or read the forums.
We first crossed paths in '87 and it was initially a friendly rivalry with mutual respect. We became close teamates soon after and travelled quite extensively. We lost track of each other for over 12 years while we started families, moved, changed jobs and such. But he's gotten back into the game this last year.
We now play together on a regular basis and it's rejuvinated a new level of enthusiasm for me personally.
When we roll alongside each other on the field, it feels natural as our playing styles compliment each other better than anyone else Ive played with.
He's also one of the funniest persons who will ever meet and will keep you in stitches off the field.
So for that reason he's my favorite pump player.
Honorable mentions go to..
Dave Loo
Wes Wong
Marty Bush
Steve Brett
Derek O

Gilly
CCM S5 RF + CCM S5 Round Body + CCM S5 Mech
CCM SS25
CCM Works
BL MVP
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 AM #38
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillymonster View Post
My favorite pump player is my buddy Danny.
He doesnt post here or read the forums.
We first crossed paths in '87 and it was initially a friendly rivalry with mutual respect. We became close teamates soon after and travelled quite extensively. We lost track of each other for over 12 years while we started families, moved, changed jobs and such. But he's gotten back into the game this last year.
We now play together on a regular basis and it's rejuvinated a new level of enthusiasm for me personally.
When we roll alongside each other on the field, it feels natural as our playing styles compliment each other better than anyone else Ive played with.
He's also one of the funniest persons who will ever meet and will keep you in stitches off the field.
So for that reason he's my favorite pump player.
Honorable mentions go to..
Dave Loo
Wes Wong
Marty Bush
Steve Brett
Derek O

Gilly
Now you've done it. You reminded me of a few older players. Okay, here's my opinion on the subject:

1. Of the CURRENT players, nobody can compare to Derrick Obitake. He is definitely the man today and has been for quite a while.

2. Dave White, Sage Lehr and Devin Scheitlin are stone cold killers but don't play national events as often as the guys from California.

3. ALL TIME best pump player EVER......Marty Bush. Hands down the guy who should be in the Pump player's hall of fame.

Sal.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 AM #39
shredxcam

supa, was a killer last year in d3xball with an s6
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM #40
bradys71
Too old and fat to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal briguglio View Post
3. ALL TIME best pump player EVER......Marty Bush. Hands down the guy who should be in the Pump player's hall of fame.

Sal.
I was surprised it took this long for someone to mention Marty. I watched him play at Dallas NPPL in 94 and World Cup '94 and the man was awesome. It was a sad day when Bob forced hime to use an autococker.

"Well, once again, my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences... But the other head of science is bad. Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur. It bites."
-Tick

B&M Chainmaille & Jewelry
bradys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:34 PM #41
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer is for the Gunfight
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
a couple of names that was just mentioned:
Dave Loo
Wes Wong

amazing players.
Its hard to just choose one, but there are so many great names out there that play this kind of paintball. I idolized....to no exaggeration the blowfish, along with flipped out hard 8 and to play against the rattlers in HB was a honor although i might not have shown it then. But the player that got me into pump, was a guy named "Tom", aka Yellowpumpguy on paintball.com forums. Him and "F.T. Phantom showed me so much pump history i had to get my sniper and that was like 5 to 6 years ago.

that said "curly" the snake player with the fro from the hitmen and Kimo(?) in the last year or so amazed me. How smooth kimo moved around the field was something you don't see often.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM #42
stinger862

qsw
stinger862 is offline   Reply With Quote