PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM #1
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Virtue Spyder board, Opinoins, help.

so, i'm trying to revive my old spyder. blahblahblah, 23bps, 1700shots per 68/45, etc...

And since remaking the IS board I had in it would take a couple hundred dollars. (as I'd have to get board printed, components ordered, etc..) I'm looking at the alternatives. it seems scenario dreams is only making the universal t-board, and I am not very fond of that setup. (if the ver.c boards were around, I'd get one of those..)

So, with some digging, I found this Virtue board. I just gave virtue a call today, attempting to find out what I can do with the board. the only answer I got was "above 25bps it's unlimited" which isn't what i'm looking for. When I pressed for something more specific, and suggested "so above 25 you depend on the eyes?" I was told it was a moot point because "the sear limits you" heh. That's not an argument worth having. I was told I should call randy tomorrow. But I'm the anxious sort, and would like to order my board tonight.

When I was running my gun, with a first generation halo-B I was able to set my gun to 23bps, and so long as there was paint in my hopper I didn't catch on any paint. I've got a new hopper now, and I've seen guns doing 40bps. I expect to get 30+ with my magna, or if I can my hands on one, a rotor.

So, what's the deal with the software in the Spyder Virtue board. How's it handle high rofs? does it just not care for settings over 25bps?

what should I know about virtue boards?

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2010, 02:29 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I think you misunderstood what was said - it isn't that the board doesn't care for ROF settings over 25bps, it's that the board doesn't *have* any ROF settings over 25bps. That is the highest capped rate of fire setting that the board has.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:17 PM #3
Nerobro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I think you misunderstood what was said - it isn't that the board doesn't care for ROF settings over 25bps, it's that the board doesn't *have* any ROF settings over 25bps. That is the highest capped rate of fire setting that the board has.
No, I understood what they were saying. Above 25 "something" triggers the sear. That means eyes. I don't plan on running eyes. That said, nobody at virtue would venture that explanation.

I wasn't very impressed with them. Then again, I wasn't talking to anyone who had any idea how the software really handled things like interrupts.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:49 PM #4
Uziel Gal

Irrespective of their explanation, I would ignore it, because it's not really relevant.

Fact is that none of the Virtue Redefined boards adjust over 25bps. It's not a limit they place on the boards for sear operated markers, it's the limit they place on *all* of their boards. Ego boards for instance - just as an example of a fast electro-pneumatic marker - are capped at a maximum of 25bps or can be uncapped. Yes, eyes are required to uncap the board.

In all honesty, I would want a "blind" marker to be able to fire more than 25bps, as unless you have a very effective mechanical anti-chopping mechanism, I would expect to chop paint. There are few loaders that I would absolutely trust to reliably and consistently feed 25bps, let alone a higher number.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:59 PM #5
Nerobro

Spyders have a very effective anti chop method. The bolt stops on the paint. :-)

I've always preferred to run guns without eyes. Eyes are there to cover for equipment failures. ... Lets say i'm retentive, and my equipment doesn't fail much.

Even with a First run halo B, I was able to do 25bps until the spring unwound. Hoppers have gotten faster. I've found that eyes almost universally slow guns down. I"m also willing to do testing to find the rof that's the maximum that the hopper can handle.

Either way, if I want to get my gun going as fast as I want, I need something that can hard set to something in the neighborhood of 30bps. The Virtue board won't do that.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 PM #6
Uziel Gal

Don't get me wrong, I know that there are fast loaders out there - I have a HALO B, a V35 HALO B, a HALO B with a Magna board and internals, two Cheetah'd HALO Bs (a V2 and a V10), a HALO B with an Angry board, a HALO B with a Virtue board, a VLocity with a Hyperdrive chip, a Magna and a Prophecy. Yes, it's sad, but for a while I had a thing for trying to have the fastest loader I could find. I've got a bunch of older loaders as well.

Thing is, while they are fast, I wouldn't necessarily trust them to be consistent AND fast. I'm not sure that I could guarantee that they would put a ball in the breech every 1/30th of a second without fail.

That's why I like eyes, but then, I don't have an anti-chop bolt.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 AM #7
Nerobro

Well, I was the same way. But.. at the time... the only fast loader was either a hotrodded warp feed, or a halo. and the halo was brand new at the time. :-) I won't even get into the joke that was the egg. For a while I was even experiementing building my own. I had 18bps coming out of a vl200, with the addition of some tweaked servo parts and a massive impeller.

Even if the magna I picked up is only fractionally faster than my halo-b, 25bps isn't going to cut it.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:27 PM #8
Senicide

t-board is your only option for ROF caps above 25. i believe they can go any bps setting all the way to 50.
Senicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM #9
Nerobro

Don't be so sure. ;-) I made some e-mails happen, and I have a 1-40 chip coming for my gun.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:08 AM #10
mxkx48

any upates? i'm interested. i have an e-99 with a bad board and anti chop...
mxkx48 is offline   Reply With Quote