Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM #22
Boomer14

I might have the only CAR stock in the US, I don't know. Timbertiger20 ordered mine from AUS for me back in May. He was told there were plenty more onhand at the factory at that time, and can most likely get another one if you PM him.

Last edited by Boomer14 : 07-07-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Boomer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 PM #23
madzozs
Resident Pollack

I have wanted a drone for a while. That stock makes me want one even more. Only problem is, I don't like using remote lines because when I run the tank kills my lower back/spine. How would a Ninja 68/45 sit on there with the CAR stock? I know the boomer stock has plenty of room for a tank.

Buy my crap
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 PM #24
Boomer14

I have a crossfire 45, and it does not fit with the factory CAR stock. I tried my custom stock with the 45 tank, and it felt kind of funny to me. A team mate uses his that way all the time and likes it.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM #25
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

OK, time to take this thread back.

I got the MacDev, very impressed with it. Very solid and very well made - somebody took some time to make this thing look nice. The issues I thought were going to be an issue (grip and trigger) were not and managed to find a way to beat both. The tool kit broke on me almost immediately out of the box, so I hope this wasn't a sign of things to come...

So I bolted up my kit to it: SpecOps T2W stock, QLoader RIS loader, and additional goodies. Gas it up... And she leaks! The marker is leaking out of the Inline Adjuster (i.e. velocity adjuster). I adjust it in until it stops, dry fire a round, and the leak starts back up. I have to assume that the O-ring (or "Adjuster O-ring") is fried. How does this get past QC?

Can somebody give me some advice on this - already - seeming crucial issue? Can I just back the Inline Adjuster right out with out any issue to replace the O-ring? Or am I looking at - upon receiving - taking this thing apart?

Pics:

Last edited by PMC Unknown : 07-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.
PMC Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM #26
timbertiger20

timbertiger20 is a Supporting Member
So if you check the leak with saliva.........it's leaking right out around the adjustment screw? Also have you thrown paint in it to see where it's at? They can leak when there is not enough pressure and when there is way too much!
timbertiger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 AM #27
Boomer14

I assume that you got this Drone new. It sounds like you need help handling this leak issue, and may want to contact the seller for help if you are not comfortable troubleshooting this. I have seen a marker come "new" from a shop with problems. It turned out that someone in the shop or distributing network thought it would be fun to try out the drone, promptly broke the battery terminals, blew the powertube o-ring and just jacked it up. Then it was put back in the box to be shipped to a hapless victim. These things are tested before leaving the factory, and I wouldn't assume that it shipped with a leak. Something inside the regulator may have slipped in transit, or you may have loosened something installing your macro line.

Try it out on a chronograph. If it is shooting well over 200 and cycling normally you will need to trouble shoot further.
Assuming you tried what Timbertiger suggested, It sounds like you are describing a leak out the bottom of the regulator. This means that there is a problem sealing the adjuster seat or the adjuster o-ring. I asssume you meant turning the velocity adjuster screw by "I adjust it in until it stops". What really needs to happen is to take apart the bottom of the regulator works, inspect, relube, and put it back together. It may be as simple as a glob of lube on the red regulator seat, or something on the seat o-ring. This regulator is the same functionally as the Clone.

If you do take apart the reg, be careful not to overpressurize the drone when you put it back to gether. Zero it out, then slowly turn the adjuster screw out until it starts cycling normally. Then chrono and adjust.

Last edited by Boomer14 : 07-09-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 AM #28
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

I have not shot it yet nor have access to a chrono anywhere near me right now. Yes, I did buy this new assuming it is, but...? The nearest place is in town and is a speedball joint that I'm not too happy to visit but will have to go.

As for the leak, I could spit a glob down into the end of the regulator, but as I hear it leak I can put my finger over the hole (where you adjust the Inline Adjuster) and feel pressure coming from it. Looking down the hole I cannot see anywhere else that the leak could be coming from. If I put a allen wrench into the hole in the Inline Adjuster, the pressure from the leak can blow the allen wrench right out. Is this thing supposed to have a hole going through it? I'm wonder if that thing is broken? If I look down the center of the allen key hole, I can see something pink, that is supposed to be the Seat, correct?

Since the leak is running through the middle of the marker, it cannot be the O-ring on the adjuster, it has to be something broken inside that thing.

I don't want to take this thing apart, as I will then void my ability to return it (from ANS Gear) - which charges a %15 restocking fee upon returns.

Man, this is bogus.

Last edited by PMC Unknown : 07-09-2010 at 08:33 AM.
PMC Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM #29
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

curly2k3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
curly2k3 is Legendary
ANS Gear, yeah... This is why I'd never buy a marker from them, personally.

Sounds like the reg seat or carrier could even be damaged.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sumorai#p/u/6/Ma0UJdS6LI0
http://www.youtube.com/user/sumorai#p/u/8/TEMTVAzrn1k

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 AM #30
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3 View Post
MUCH kudos for the video help. I took the regulator apart and did the standard maintenance on the marker - she leaked for a second, snapped into place, and now shoots beautifully. I'm going to keep her gassed for awhile and see how she holds a charge.

Looks like I'm going to order some replacement parts from MacDev immediately. TIMBERTIGER, can you hook me up with a new reg Seat? Where do I buy it? The one that ANS Gear sent me was obviously used - bastards.

I don't understand the design of the Seat, it seems flawed. I can see why to use the plastic (to not damage the Piston), but why have the Adjuster hollow for air to escape? Why not just use a recessed pocket and then a flush plastic cap? Could that plastic cap be the reason why the marker fails in colder conditions? That plastic will shrink in cold temps (aluminum holds temps pretty well) and an - unnoticed - slow leak could do just enough to throw the marker's performance off - just a suggestion.

Overall, I hope that this is the last of my troubles with this marker. Even despite the bad start with it, I'm still optimistic that this will perform beautifully. No regrets - yet.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM #31
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Thats sucks you got the all to familiar ANSgear screw job.

Hope you enjoy your new Macdev killing machine. Please dont give up on it untill you get it back to Macdev factory condition and repair all the ANSgear abuse.

Nothing shoots better than a Macdev in my opinion. Stick with it. It will be worth it I promise.
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 AM #32
Boomer14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC Unknown View Post
MUCH kudos for the video help. I took the regulator apart and did the standard maintenance on the marker - she leaked for a second, snapped into place, and now shoots beautifully. I'm going to keep her gassed for awhile and see how she holds a charge.

Looks like I'm going to order some replacement parts from MacDev immediately. TIMBERTIGER, can you hook me up with a new reg Seat? Where do I buy it? The one that ANS Gear sent me was obviously used - bastards.

I don't understand the design of the Seat, it seems flawed. I can see why to use the plastic (to not damage the Piston), but why have the Adjuster hollow for air to escape? Why not just use a recessed pocket and then a flush plastic cap? Could that plastic cap be the reason why the marker fails in colder conditions? That plastic will shrink in cold temps (aluminum holds temps pretty well) and an - unnoticed - slow leak could do just enough to throw the marker's performance off - just a suggestion.

Overall, I hope that this is the last of my troubles with this marker. Even despite the bad start with it, I'm still optimistic that this will perform beautifully. No regrets - yet.
The cold weather thing is related to the solenoid and how it attaches to the sub plate. This is the same regulator used on the Clone, and it does not have the problem.

The plastic reg seat can be turned over if the top surface is damaged. The bottom of it is not critical for a seal. The reason it is leaking out the bottom is that there is pressure where it shouldn't be. This seal is also the cause of a creeping regulator. If it is damaged, the regulator may not recharge consistantly. If it is not messed with, the seat should never have a problem. I purposely do not take my regs apart unless I absolutely have to.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 PM #33
timbertiger20

timbertiger20 is a Supporting Member
Actually that leak is an easy way to tell it's one of the two o-rings in the reg. The Reg seat doesn't cause the leakage..........it just causes velocity swings if it's a problem. You just worked on the most complicated part of the gun! I'll be getting a bunch of reg seats in next shipment!
timbertiger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM #34
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertiger20 View Post
Actually that leak is an easy way to tell it's one of the two o-rings in the reg. The Reg seat doesn't cause the leakage..........it just causes velocity swings if it's a problem. You just worked on the most complicated part of the gun! I'll be getting a bunch of reg seats in next shipment!
Wow, if the reg is the most complicated part of the gun, the rest must be easy. I really didn't see a lot of damage to the O-rings, but I did notice that the reg internals where covered in Militia Lube - of which my small container (which comes with the marker) was dipped into a bit. My guess is that the idiots at ANS used my marker, slapped a ton of lube into the regulator and didn't get something to seat right upon reassembly. I did notice that the reg Seat did show signs of wear as if somebody was constantly adjusting the velocity.

I don't know, but she's working now.

Hey, can somebody give me some ideas for board settings for a high feed loader (QLoader in my case)?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM #35
Boomer14

Alot of markers are shipped overlubed. Just wipe off the excess if you want to. The lube level in the reg usually isn't a problem. Timbertiger is right , the leak comes from the tiny o-ring near the reg seat and not the seat itself. Just clean both off and gently apply a tiny amount of lube and reassemble. Remember to zero the reg out and readjust before firing it again. After shooting a few times it should be good to go.

And yes, the drive train components are actually simpler than the regulator.

The stock settings should be fine until the marker gets broken in.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:29 PM #36
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

curly2k3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
curly2k3 is Legendary
actually, I have seen a handful of the guns from TMG and ANS at cup that had damaged reg seats, that's why it was my first thought, personally.

Shoot me your info, I am closest to you and could mail you a few spare seats.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM #37
Krazy8
User Defined

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC Unknown View Post
Hey, can somebody give me some ideas for board settings for a high feed loader (QLoader in my case)?
Try it stock first....i think you will be pleasantly surprized.

Krazy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 PM #38
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

OK, so I didn't mess with the board, gassed it up, and took it for a shoot today. It leaked just like before, so I need those O-rings for the stabilizer that the stock kit didn't provide.

Naturally, because of this leak I was getting major drop and misfires. I am trying to stay positive, but ANS Gear has my extreme hatred right now. I am wondering if I can get a thread on this forum to boycott/feedback there poopy service in giving me a marker that has been pooped on already.

(trying to avoid the swear filter and another warning)
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM #39
Krazy8
User Defined

Do you have a manual? In the manual there is an exploded view of the reg....if you know exactly which o-rings you need I am pretty sure we can find 'em between Boomer and myself.
Sending PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM #40
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

I'm back...

OK, this entire summer I put paintball on the back shelf. I was really demoralized with buying that MacDev and having the leaking regulator issues. But recently I met back up with a bunch of my team members and they voiced very strongly to me how they want to get playing again. Frankly, the season is not quite over, and I can still get out there.

Problem is, my marker has leaking issues. So, I reviewed all of the videos you guys sent me and went after this issue again. I managed to find the O-rings that I needed to the the regulator on board figured with a full disassembly, replacing, and lubing, this thing would be back up and running.

This morning I went out after doing all that and had a HPA tank gassed up. I was so waiting for this marker to gas up and hold pressure...

It didn't. Once again, the leak came violently from the hole where you adjust velocity. At this point I have given up. I need some support from MacDev.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a local MacDev contact who can help me with this?

Damn ANS Gear, I hate them.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:28 AM #41
Krazy8
User Defined

Honestly...I doubt there is anyone in the states who has more detailed knowledge of the Drone over Boomer14.
If you are going to send it out...contact him and see if he will help you out.

Last time I watched him shoot his Drone it pulled a strong 22 bps over a chrono.

I do believe he could get you up and running right quickly.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM #42
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
Honestly...I doubt there is anyone in the states who has more detailed knowledge of the Drone over Boomer14.
If you are going to send it out...contact him and see if he will help you out.

Last time I watched him shoot his Drone it pulled a strong 22 bps over a chrono.

I do believe he could get you up and running right quickly.
You guys have been pretty helpful already, I'd trust that you guys could help me. I tried reaching a stateside rep for MacDev at jerry@macdev.com but the mailbox was closed and bounced back.

I tell ya, I don't know what is up with this marker. I tried doing everything and it just is not firing.

Is there a way I can just send the reg if Boomer decides to work on it? It definitely is in the reg.

Let me know, and thanks.