SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

SquareDorito plays in the PSP
SquareDorito is playing at Living Legends III
SquareDorito supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpnugls View Post

Just my $0.02.....given the conditions and limitations of the site and the current economic conditions I believe PSP did an excellent job of recovering as fast as they could after the storms came through Wednesday night!!... ANY outdoor event would have suffered a major setback in those conditions! The storms were pretty bad (believe me I know, we were out in them!).

I think we can all agree that paintball events are not big money makers and organizations such as PSP aren't in it to get rich! They do it for the love of the sport and to continue the advancement of the sport. PSP didn't have to put down all the extra straw, and oil dry. Nor did they really have to get sump pumps to clear the extra water of the fields.......but they did...at an event where the players and spectators got FREE parking and FREE grandstand seating for the pro field these extra supplies came directly off PSP's bottom line...yet they did it to make the best of the hand they were delt - - and for who?? For you the players and spectators/fans.....the same people who are on here '*****ing' about the event.

If you love paintball and are dedicated to playing national/regional tournaments I'm sure you have played in much worse weather/conditions than this before and loved it. Just please realize that PSP was doing all they could to improve the conditions and for that they should be thanked not criticized!!!.
I agree as well I don't blame PSP, it's really Badlandz. It's in pretty bad condition anyway and the storm only made it worse. I really wish more fields out here in the MW would get turf. It's not the only field that is affected by weather and other things. This happens at CPX, I landed on a part that was muddy and stuff like in the pictures on the other thread. Well, it smells like cow crap, and it was stinging my eyes and nostrils. CPX doesn't have much of a choice being a mostly wooded field. But Badlandz and Fox should do it. It's worth the investment IMO.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 AM #65
RAMPING!
'Myrin Bro?

RAMPING! plays in the PSP
Go ahead BLAME THE WEATHER

Nah but PSP should atleast have like a back up plan or something.

-And every player said that "BadLandz" was terrible, but PSP still did it over there...
Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 AM #66
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's

paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
I have to admit that I'm very happy to see so much love for the PSP, or paintball in general. Paintball tends to bring out the worst in the weather, if theres a chance it'll rain at an event, theres going to be a deluge, if theres a chance for some winds, there are going to be tornados. I wasn't at the event but I saw the tornados warnings, canceled flights, and the PSP's quick response. There are long hours, a lot of money, and very little thanks involved with running an event, and I'm glad that paintball still has people who are so dedicated.

So I'm sorry you're a little disappointed with the event, I'm even more sorry that the hard work of the staff was wasted on you.
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 AM #67
Blazestorm2
I like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPING! View Post
Go ahead BLAME THE WEATHER

Nah but PSP should atleast have like a back up plan or something.

-And every player said that "BadLandz" was terrible, but PSP still did it over there...
A "backup plan" ... really? How do you have a back-up plan for terrible weather like that? Move the event to another location (Where it would still be raining)? You realize they spend an entire week before each event setting it up. And it takes 2-3 days to tear it all down. Put a giant canopy over every field .. seriously... There is no back-up plan that could have been done, especially not for weather.

Badlandz as far as I know was the only option for Chicago... Boilingbrook might have been too expensive for PSP to put another event there. Just like how Cup moved to a new venue. If you want PSP events to go on, you'll have to be willing to sacrifice some things until it gets better. I know PSP is barely making any money at all, if any... and I think the only reason it's still going is because the companies that own the PSP want people to keep playing and they want there to be a tournament series to play in. Kinda like how Sony sold the PS3 at a loss, but made up for it with games / accessories... They're putting on PSP events at a loss, but make up for it because people are still playing the sport and buying their products.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:33 AM #68
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

SquareDorito plays in the PSP
SquareDorito is playing at Living Legends III
I agree, PSP had no choice really, so it wasn't in their power. That's why I put no blame on PSP, they did what they could, the rest was just Badlandz itself. But if PSP gets better places then it will happen to them what happened to NPPL. So I guess these places they are choosing are just for now.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 AM #69
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

Just my $0.02.....given the conditions and limitations of the site and the current economic conditions I believe PSP did an excellent job of recovering as fast as they could after the storms came through Wednesday night!!... ANY outdoor event would have suffered a major setback in those conditions! The storms were pretty bad (believe me I know, we were out in them!).

I think we can all agree that paintball events are not big money makers and organizations such as PSP aren't in it to get rich! They do it for the love of the sport and to continue the advancement of the sport. PSP didn't have to put down all the extra straw, and oil dry. Nor did they really have to get sump pumps to clear the extra water of the fields.......but they did...at an event where the players and spectators got FREE parking and FREE grandstand seating for the pro field these extra supplies came directly off PSP's bottom line...yet they did it to make the best of the hand they were delt - - and for who?? For you the players and spectators/fans.....the same people who are on here '*****ing' about the event.

If you love paintball and are dedicated to playing national/regional tournaments I'm sure you have played in much worse weather/conditions than this before and loved it. Just please realize that PSP was doing all they could to improve the conditions and for that they should be thanked not criticized!!!.

You summed it up the best, i personally loved tromping around in the mud, getting dirty, hanging out with my boys at a venue unlike any other field. If you attended this event, it will be one you wont forget. Thank you Badlands and PSP for doing the most you could with the torriential amount of rain weve had in the MW these past weeks!
Guerrilla Air
The BADLANDZ

Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM #70
facemower14
THAT guy

facemower14 plays in the PSP
facemower14 plays in the APPA beginner division
^^^^^ I totally agree. I can honestly say that this was the funnest tournament i have been to in a long time. The knee high water in the pits on the fields in the back right will make for great stories.

THANK YOU PSP for putting on this event and doing everything you could.

I only have one question. Why did the vendors leave so early?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 AM #71
Uber-Balla
**กกก@ןןı

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2 View Post
A "backup plan" ... really? How do you have a back-up plan for terrible weather like that? Move the event to another location (Where it would still be raining)? You realize they spend an entire week before each event setting it up. And it takes 2-3 days to tear it all down. Put a giant canopy over every field .. seriously... There is no back-up plan that could have been done, especially not for weather.

Badlandz as far as I know was the only option for Chicago... Boilingbrook might have been too expensive for PSP to put another event there. Just like how Cup moved to a new venue. If you want PSP events to go on, you'll have to be willing to sacrifice some things until it gets better. I know PSP is barely making any money at all, if any... and I think the only reason it's still going is because the companies that own the PSP want people to keep playing and they want there to be a tournament series to play in. Kinda like how Sony sold the PS3 at a loss, but made up for it with games / accessories... They're putting on PSP events at a loss, but make up for it because people are still playing the sport and buying their products.
Not to start a flame war...but you guys are dumb ***** if you think the psp isn't making money, and a nice profit as I may add, off of their events..truly ignorance .

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 AM #72
(0___0)
(0___0)

(0___0) plays in the PSP
(0___0) helped look for balloons
(0___0) owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
(0___0) supports Team VICIOUS
Last year Chicago was 10x better. But nothing they can do. Just Badlandz is a bad place to have it i think. The feilds were not level too.
██████████████████████████████
"It's easy you gotta move to IOWA"
-JASON CALEF
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM #73
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D4 division
They didn't have to have the event in Chicago at all...they decided to have the event at a ****ty field which was not equipped to handle any rain, let alone a national event with thousands of people.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM #74
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
The only issue I can really see about the event is the venue.

It doesn't allow for very easy spectating, you aren't going to get those people who might come just to watch or the people who are curious about a paintball tournament. Its literally in the middle of nowhere. I only stayed for a few hours, watched some matches, bought something and left. It wasn't like last year or Cup where you wanted to hang around and chill for a while. Free parking however

I felt like Bolingbrook was more "accessable" to the masses. But I understand that you have to worry about what is the more cost effective option.

Paintball is paintball, if you want to win, you have to play in everything and whenever you have to. Whiners end up driving/flying home on Saturday.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM #75
stephenson2 (Banned)

stephenson2 plays in the PSP
stephenson2 is playing at Living Legends III
stephenson2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stephenson2 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by (0___0) View Post
Last year Chicago was 10x better. But nothing they can do. Just Badlandz is a bad place to have it i think. The feilds were not level too.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 AM #76
Bostonshockballer

ITS PAINTBALL!!!!! this is what we play the sport for so you got muddy who cares it will dry getting out there and winning the event in the mud that somethign that wont be forgotten stop looking at the negative and play your *** off!

IronMen Dm8 F/s/t

R.I.P Canobie
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM #77
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS
DirtLife

AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS is a Supporting Member
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the USPL
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the PSP
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsABear07 View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but to me, this tourney was a disgrace. Unfortunately, we can't change the weather, however, something should have been done about the slop on the fields. It was extremely hard to play on. In most areas I was ankle deep in mud and water, even AFTER they delayed our games and switched from field 5 to 2! Field 2 was just as bad if not worse after all the D3 players were done. D4 was expected to play at 8ish then it was 10 or so, and finally 2pm! Making teams wait around for 6 hours to play is certainly not worth my time or money. This was my first PSP event and it will most definitely be my last. I would have rathered spend more money to play world cup. For a national event I would expect it to be an amazing experience. I don't mind getting dirty, but drenched with mud is going too far. But, thanks for the experience anyway! :o)

it was a ****ty event weather was a ***** the fact that i had to ride a trolly with all my gear or my gear on sucked but as far as the feilds go you should just probably quit cuz its like that every event suck it up ya big baby or go play golf

FREESTYLE RAP

BOOKFACE
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM #78
UNO337

I don't get it. When I heard it was at the Badlandz, I knew it was going to be bad. Then I saw this:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3368742

So I thought things would be different. Fixing fields, more onsite parking, fix the road in. Nothing at all was changed or fixed. It was all the same.

And also the reason to come to Badlandz was what again PSP? (from a PSP email) "the PSP will be holding the Chicago Open not outside of a large NFL Stadium, not in a tourist-trap or along the beach, but at the original Chicago tournament paintball venue: The Chicago Badlandz. " But where was the Phoenix event held at again? Oh that is right, Glendale Youth Sports Complex adjacent to the University of Phoenix Stadium. I guess you were right; it wasn't outside a NFL Stadium. And also where has the World Cup event been for about the last 10 years, oh ya that is right at Disney's Wide World of Sports. Just thought it was a little ironic.

I just think that the PSP should have checked up on Badlandz to see if they were making corrections. And I know that the economy is down right now but don't say you are going to fix everything for the event and then do nothing. If the low spots on the fields would have been filled and if grass would have been planted some of these problems would have been mitigated and I think the event would have been a little bit better.

To me it was broken promises on both sides that made this unsuccessful from the start but this is just my 2 cents so take it how you want.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 PM #79
RAMPING!
'Myrin Bro?

RAMPING! plays in the PSP
Paintballlllll Dieing!!!!!!!!! :'(
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 PM #80
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Balla View Post
Not to start a flame war...but you guys are dumb ***** if you think the psp isn't making money, and a nice profit as I may add, off of their events..truly ignorance .
Just a clairification....I said "....paintball events are not big money makers and organizations such as PSP aren't in it to get rich!"

Sure they make some money...as any business would hope too....BUT, the owner(s) of PSP could take their time and money and invest it in something completely outside paintball and make a hell of a lot more money!.....that's not the point! They do it because they love this sport and for us - the players and fans so we have a venue/org to compete at a 'higher level'.

If as many of you on here complaining actually gave the same amount of time to promoting our sport it might really make some leaps to a more 'main stream' sport!...
Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM #81
highrisk_paintball
Male Snail

psp is constantly looking for "quick money" instead of investing time/money/thought into the future.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:07 PM #82
~ST M0NEYZ~

~ST M0NEYZ~ plays in the PSP
~ST M0NEYZ~ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
~ST M0NEYZ~ plays in the APPA D2 division
Yes like psp raised d1 and d2 entrys to make bigger prized for semi pro. Well now there isnt a semi pro division and the entry's stayed the same and the prizes still stayed low. they really need to make prizes better.

New York Outlaws
D1
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM #83
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPING! View Post
Paintballlllll Dieing!!!!!!!!! :'(
Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 PM #84
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
I had a great experience, as usual.
Thank you, Rennick for the venue, Badlandz is a paintball landmark and has always provided some of my best memories of the game.
Thank you Camille, the personal service and positive attitude is infectious, you will always be the First Lady of Paintball, in our book.
Thanks Lane, nobody rolls with the punches better than you, your efforts are appreciated.
Thanks Geoff, your staff is always trying their best to bring us the best.
Thanks Tom, for another fantastic UWL event, just get us in the MWB bracket at the championships, so we can revenge last years D-Day loss and my world will be complete.
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON