PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2010, 08:12 PM #43
pntballer27 v2.0
Eric Siziz

pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the PSP
pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Although the hay helped the mud. I know that it wreaked havoc on peoples gear bags. It clogged up the area for wheels to move so intsead of a rolling gearbag, it was a pulling one. Also, I would have moved the paint trucks closer to the fields. It was such a long haul from anywhere you were
Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 PM #44
pigyboy6

...and im sure this TRASHED the badlandz, the parking lot and fields and everything
Old 06-27-2010, 08:19 PM #45
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D4 division
Badlandz was not equipped to handle National event like this...the PSP would have been better off laying down turf and playing in the huge parking lot where the majority of the cars had to park.

It's not like this is the first time it has ever rained at Badlandz...the PSP was well aware that if it rains, Badlandz was going to be a mud hole...you cannot run a national event and just "hope" that it doesn't rain.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM #46
protoballer823
Meow What Is So Funny?

protoballer823 plays in the PSP
protoballer823 donated to help Peyton Trent
protoballer823 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Badlandz was not equipped to handle National event like this...the PSP would have been better off laying down turf and playing in the huge parking lot where the majority of the cars had to park.

It's not like this is the first time it has ever rained at Badlandz...the PSP was well aware that if it rains, Badlandz was going to be a mud hole...you cannot run a national event and just "hope" that it doesn't rain.
i agree with this statement...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM #47
Uber-Balla
**ˇˇˇ@ןןı

funny how this kid got anal raped for stating his opinion/feelings for another raping by people on pbnation who get all pissed every time someone says the littlest things..damn grow up! But on the side note the PSP probably couldn't have done much more...I wasn't there though

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Old 06-27-2010, 08:56 PM #48
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by protoballer823 View Post
why didn't the psp have the event at CPX? this is a very legitimate question. there could be parking for everyone on site, enough space for all 6 fields, and its all flat and nice grass. obviously there was just an event there so i don't know what CPX wanted to do but i think that's a very nice field. especially for the space it has. very open, flat, and heavily grassed fields. this is my .02 and i think its worth looking into...if going back to bolingbrook isn't an option then i would love to play a psp chi event there. im in no way bashing psp for this event though. i had a ton of fun and would play it again...
Plus CPX's grass is seeded over gravel, so it drains really well. It's a perfect place for a large event. The NPPL event took up maybe a third of their grassy areas.

Either way, I can deal with mud and bad fields. The parking is what got me the most. Waiting for at least 15 minutes just to have a chance to get on a shuttle with nowhere for your gear simply isn't acceptable.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 PM #49
JI TeamWorthless
Beer is good and stuff

JI TeamWorthless plays in the PSP
JI TeamWorthless owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JI TeamWorthless plays in the APPA D4 division
And no damn beer! ?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM #50
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JI TeamWorthless View Post
And no damn beer! ?
Yea wtf is that! Nothing beats watching an afternoon game with a cold brew in your hand. Unfortunately, there was no beer served.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 06-27-2010, 09:47 PM #51
highrisk_paintball
All Damn Day

Yeah I guarantee the fields at Badlandz are ruined, which is unfortunate...but nothing a little landscaping can't fix.

Different venue next year/hope for better weather.

I was talking to some people that play cxbl and they were saying people would be freaking out if there was that amount of garbage laying around.

cool moment:
Watching Thomas Taylor get denied entrance to the pits for not having his PSP i.d.(Lady did her job, it was funny cuz he was all like "OMGI'M****INGTHOMASTAYLOR!")
Old 06-27-2010, 10:06 PM #52
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotOwned View Post
QFMFT.
PSP at Texas got a terrible name because of weather beyond anyone's control.
Then Texas got another bad name because of weather beyond NPPL's control (although scheduling could have changed up a little bit).
Yea, texas will probably never have another national event. Thank you hurricane ike!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 PM #53
Ijustgottbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishy_27 View Post
Iv been here since tuesday and there was simply no nothing that could be done with the amount of rain that came down. Im VERY surprised with how the event turned out, the PSP was very busy doing the best they simply could.

No one controls the weather.

I also have no idea how ud clean up the "slop" as you call it.

I believe the PSP did as much as they could, they had water pumps on the field trying to get as much water off as possible, and delayed the games Thursday to try and let the field dry as much as possible.

I know of no solution to the mud issue unless you know a place that stores around 135,000 Sq feet of turf.
actually i control the weather..... sorry for ****ing on everyones parade

Midwest Arson Rouge Line Captain
|The Badlandz||Guerrilla Air|| ShocktechUSA||
The Grindhouse||Bad Boyz Toyz|| Planet Eclipse|
TRADE ME YOUR DM9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post70665710
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 PM #54
dark_angel_lcd
Amish

dark_angel_lcd plays in the PSP
dark_angel_lcd plays in the APPA D2 division
Almost everyone from this area that isn't sponsored by Badlandz knew and said what would happen. Nothing against Badlandz, its fine for a practice field, but its just not suited for a national event. The PSP did a great job for what they had to deal with.

CIA | No Limit | CIA
Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM #55
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel_lcd View Post
Almost everyone from this area that isn't sponsored by Badlandz knew and said what would happen. Nothing against Badlandz, its fine for a practice field, but its just not suited for a national event. The PSP did a great job for what they had to deal with.
dot. 100% AGREE.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 PM #56
ChiTown_Paintball

ChiTown_Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ChiTown_Paintball is for the Gunfight
Definatly should bring it back to bolingbrook, awesome event last year great setups. Badlandz is a practice feild and thats is it!!!! They were never ready to handle an event like this and everyone in the chicagoland area knew it!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:11 PM #57
dallas.balla

Annual Supporting Member
dallas.balla is a Paintball photographer
dallas.balla plays in the PSP
dallas.balla is an NCPA player
A ****ty event all around. Yes it wasn't the PSP's fault about the weather, but I'm just saying it sucked. Couldn't pull a gearbag worth a ****, it smelled like **** everywhere, hard to get to your fields, everything was delayed, shuttles sucked, not many vendors, just not much that I can say was very good about this event.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM #58
ombres13

ombres13 plays in the PSP
ombres13 supports our troops
ombres13 plays in the APPA D3 division
Obviously everyone who went experienced the horrible mess. The booth I set up blew away on day one. There may have been mistakes with the choice of venue, but few in here are privy to all the info/discussions/reasoning. What most of you probably didn't see is how much work the PSP staff did before the and throughout the event. They stayed busy trying to make the best out of the crappy situation that arose after each storm.

On behalf of Seventh Element, I would like to thank them for all the effort they put into this event.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 AM #59
ismet
Jerkin' the Gerkin

ismet plays in the APPA D5 division
ahhhh cant wait for the videos.

who remembers the 2003-2004 vids of infamous in old school yellows running/diving/sliding with their 2k5 dragon timmies into the muddy water playing night games?

www.USPN.biz

www.faceblastpaintball.com
Gloss Red Bob Long Victory with Virtue OLED f/s/t Axe's + $$$ COME!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=73494726#post73494726
Old 06-28-2010, 01:16 AM #60
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombres13 View Post
Obviously everyone who went experienced the horrible mess. There may have been mistakes with the choice of venue, but few in here are privy to all the info/discussions/reasoning. What most of you probably didn't see is how much work the PSP staff did before the and throughout the event. They stayed busy trying to make the best out of the crappy situation that arose after each storm.

On behalf of Seventh Element, I would like to thank them for all the effort they put into this event.

Just my $0.02.....given the conditions and limitations of the site and the current economic conditions I believe PSP did an excellent job of recovering as fast as they could after the storms came through Wednesday night!!... ANY outdoor event would have suffered a major setback in those conditions! The storms were pretty bad (believe me I know, we were out in them!).

I think we can all agree that paintball events are not big money makers and organizations such as PSP aren't in it to get rich! They do it for the love of the sport and to continue the advancement of the sport. PSP didn't have to put down all the extra straw, and oil dry. Nor did they really have to get sump pumps to clear the extra water of the fields.......but they did...at an event where the players and spectators got FREE parking and FREE grandstand seating for the pro field these extra supplies came directly off PSP's bottom line...yet they did it to make the best of the hand they were delt - - and for who?? For you the players and spectators/fans.....the same people who are on here '*****ing' about the event.

If you love paintball and are dedicated to playing national/regional tournaments I'm sure you have played in much worse weather/conditions than this before and loved it. Just please realize that PSP was doing all they could to improve the conditions and for that they should be thanked not criticized!!!.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 AM #61
warthog65

Badlandz proved it!!!! With the horsebarns above the field S*** really does run down hill.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:40 AM #62
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpnugls View Post

Just my $0.02.....given the conditions and limitations of the site and the current economic conditions I believe PSP did an excellent job of recovering as fast as they could after the storms came through Wednesday night!!... ANY outdoor event would have suffered a major setback in those conditions! The storms were pretty bad (believe me I know, we were out in them!).

I think we can all agree that paintball events are not big money makers and organizations such as PSP aren't in it to get rich! They do it for the love of the sport and to continue the advancement of the sport. PSP didn't have to put down all the extra straw, and oil dry. Nor did they really have to get sump pumps to clear the extra water of the fields.......but they did...at an event where the players and spectators got FREE parking and FREE grandstand seating for the pro field these extra supplies came directly off PSP's bottom line...yet they did it to make the best of the hand they were delt - - and for who?? For you the players and spectators/fans.....the same people who are on here '*****ing' about the event.

If you love paintball and are dedicated to playing national/regional tournaments I'm sure you have played in much worse weather/conditions than this before and loved it. Just please realize that PSP was doing all they could to improve the conditions and for that they should be thanked not criticized!!!.
Well said man. Props to the PSP.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:42 AM #63
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
xxinvision has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
xxinvision is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpnugls View Post