Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2010, 12:08 AM #1
MrsABear07

bummer for the psp event

I don't know about everyone else, but to me, this tourney was a disgrace. Unfortunately, we can't change the weather, however, something should have been done about the slop on the fields. It was extremely hard to play on. In most areas I was ankle deep in mud and water, even AFTER they delayed our games and switched from field 5 to 2! Field 2 was just as bad if not worse after all the D3 players were done. D4 was expected to play at 8ish then it was 10 or so, and finally 2pm! Making teams wait around for 6 hours to play is certainly not worth my time or money. This was my first PSP event and it will most definitely be my last. I would have rathered spend more money to play world cup. For a national event I would expect it to be an amazing experience. I don't mind getting dirty, but drenched with mud is going too far. But, thanks for the experience anyway! :o)

Frenzy Paintball
GunFighter Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2010, 12:35 AM #2
Ishy_27
GWC 30

Ishy_27 plays in the PSP
Ishy_27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ishy_27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsABear07 View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but to me, this tourney was a disgrace. Unfortunately, we can't change the weather, however, something should have been done about the slop on the fields. It was extremely hard to play on. In most areas I was ankle deep in mud and water, even AFTER they delayed our games and switched from field 5 to 2! Field 2 was just as bad if not worse after all the D3 players were done. D4 was expected to play at 8ish then it was 10 or so, and finally 2pm! Making teams wait around for 6 hours to play is certainly not worth my time or money. This was my first PSP event and it will most definitely be my last. I would have rathered spend more money to play world cup. For a national event I would expect it to be an amazing experience. I don't mind getting dirty, but drenched with mud is going too far. But, thanks for the experience anyway! :o)
Iv been here since tuesday and there was simply no nothing that could be done with the amount of rain that came down. Im VERY surprised with how the event turned out, the PSP was very busy doing the best they simply could.

No one controls the weather.

I also have no idea how ud clean up the "slop" as you call it.

I believe the PSP did as much as they could, they had water pumps on the field trying to get as much water off as possible, and delayed the games Thursday to try and let the field dry as much as possible.

I know of no solution to the mud issue unless you know a place that stores around 135,000 Sq feet of turf.

Hespeler Hooligans '11
London Express 2007-2010

| Old Feedback | New feedback |
Old 06-27-2010, 12:36 AM #3
PhoenixLancer
School,Work,Pball..Repeat

PhoenixLancer plays in the PSP
PhoenixLancer supports Team VICIOUS
PhoenixLancer is for the Gunfight
PhoenixLancer plays in the APPA D1 division
Bad weather = Slop on fields. Psp can't do anything about it, you said it yourself...
EKK ELITE
Old 06-27-2010, 01:09 AM #4
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
The fields weren't even that bad man. I actually prefer a bit of slick mud on the field, makes for better slides. Sounds like you're doing just a bit too much whining. You will not be missed.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM #5
fac3full22

fac3full22 supports Team VICIOUS
Dont be mad at mother nature! the "slop" wasnt their fault, it could have been worse.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:48 AM #6
Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
Quote:
Its easy to make excuses then realize you just sucked that weekend
Overlook Project Zero
Old 06-27-2010, 01:52 AM #7
Arsenic17

Arsenic17 is a Supporting Member
From my understanding they delayed the games to accomadate several players' flights getting delayed and to repair the fields from the weather out of their control. Which are two things done by the psp to make your experience better. And if you can't handle playing in water up to your ankles you should not be playing tournaments.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:08 AM #8
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
One field was apparently too flooded to play on today which caused delays. It had nothing to do with the rain on Wednesday. Had to do with the storm that rolled in again.

It's funny how everyone is defending the whole weather situation when people gave PSP Round Rock, Texas such a bad name.

Even if you don't count the weather, and rain it was still sub par. Parking is a nightmare. One car per team, are you kidding? I know some local teams that had multiple vans in Phoenix. The "shuttle" well they had two of them, but one broke. So it took me an hour to finally catch and open seat on it today and get to the parking lot.

The field placements make it hard to go spectate all the games, and with the mud it makes it very hard to move around. Getting from the far right fields back to D3 fields was pretty tough. I understand the weather caused some of the fields to be moved, but I think the layout could have been a lot better.

Also the divisional fields had a pole jutting into the game of play. It was on the back line where the team breakouts. As a player you couldn't break out and run down the back line. You literally had to run about 3 feet in front of that pole or you would trip. I heard players saying it was a difference running because of it.

My .02 take it or leave.

Last edited by texaspaintballplpaye : 06-27-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 AM #9
TXGraphixPB
Formerly Texasballa24

TXGraphixPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TXGraphixPB supports Team VICIOUS
TXGraphixPB is for the Gunfight
PSP will miss you.

Everything you named had to do with weather... Its not PSP's fault. Just tragic events that ruined maybe the 2nd most popular venue by PSP.

Go to NPPL, and have fun...
Old 06-27-2010, 06:46 AM #10
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
What would you have done to correct the situation?
Dan
Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 AM #11
mikekwb

mikekwb plays in the PSP
mikekwb owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mikekwb supports Team VICIOUS
mikekwb plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
we can always play on rocks, streets, things like that....maybe thats the new way to play!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 AM #12
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

shockerboy001 plays in the PSP
shockerboy001 is an NCPA player
shockerboy001 plays in the APPA D3 division
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
not only couldnt the PSP control the weather you played 5 man, which is notorious for being slow plus to complain all the other divisions had been playing since Thursday. they had to get them done before 5 man was to play, if this was your first PSP it shouldnt be your last for the amount of rain and mud and people the PSP handled the situation very well. thats what i believe.
XFT #70
Old 06-27-2010, 08:34 AM #13
SWAYED117

SWAYED117 donated to help Peyton Trent
SWAYED117 supports Team VICIOUS
SWAYED117 posts videos on PbNation
Just had to have it at Badlandz...

Roc-City Assassins #77 -2010- NYPL

MACDEV
Droid
Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 AM #14
invertfan12345
both ways?

invertfan12345 is playing at Living Legends III
invertfan12345 supports Team VICIOUS
invertfan12345 is for the Gunfight
invertfan12345 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
Just had to have it at Badlandz...
even though i know this really had nothing to do with it i wasnt to happy it was at the badlandz. lets hope next year it isnt at bad as this
Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 AM #15
MW-Killer08
Heart

MW-Killer08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MW-Killer08 supports Team VICIOUS
This was nothing compared to the Mardi Gras Open back in ~2003 (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the date). I'm sure the majority of those players/teams weren't having a ***** fit over the weather/never playing in that series again.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 AM #16
paintballer3908
The NeRvE --

paintballer3908 is an NCPA player
paintballer3908 supports DLX Technology
is there possibility of postponing or even canceling events today?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:31 AM #17
bigswoll8513
He's over 9000!!!!

bigswoll8513 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigswoll8513 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigswoll8513 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW-Killer08 View Post
This was nothing compared to the Mardi Gras Open back in ~2003 (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the date). I'm sure the majority of those players/teams weren't having a ***** fit over the weather/never playing in that series again.

Yeah if you watch the 300ft per second dvd you can see the slop those guys played in at Mardi Gras. It was terrible.
Electronics Technician
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 AM #18
chillywilly0609

chillywilly0609 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chillywilly0609 supports Team VICIOUS
the people are complain are a bunch of girls, Yes the weather wasnt the greatest but if your scared to get a little dirty gtfo. Also the people complain that it was at badlandz, pretty much everywhere in illinois would have been like that, Imo the event was good, better then not having one at all.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 AM #19
MrsABear07

Thank you for the POSITIVE feedback. I'm not use to playig in mud. But it was really fun anyhow. i didn't know that they were using water pumps. it makes me feel a lot better knowing they tried. :o) and by the way... I said in my original post that I know the weather can't be changed

Frenzy Paintball
GunFighter Paintball
Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 AM #20
Patrick0294
The Polish Ninja

Patrick0294 is playing at Living Legends III
Patrick0294 supports Team VICIOUS
Patrick0294 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Thank you for the POSITIVE feedback. I'm not use to playig in mud. But it was really fun anyhow. i didn't know that they were using water pumps. it makes me feel a lot better knowing they tried. :o) and by the way... I said in my original post that I know the weather can't be changed
So stop ****ing complaining and blaming it on the PSP and Badlandz.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 AM #21
Skippy_4000
Decepticons Mobilize!

Annual Supporting Member
Skippy_4000 plays in the PSP
Skippy_4000 donated to help Peyton Trent
Skippy_4000 plays in the APPA D5 division
Skippy_4000 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softie68 View Post
Its easy to make excuses then realize you just sucked that weekend
WIN!