Old 09-18-2010, 01:12 PM #1
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
UWL Nats outcomes so far

Game 1 Aggressive over Desert Edge (assuming Open)

Game 2 Chicago Heretics over Master Blasters (Open)
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2010, 01:15 PM #2
BunkerKnight
B.O.B. White's Lurker

BunkerKnight supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerKnight has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Keeping a close eye on this one. MWB be reppin' Nebraska!
BunkerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 PM #3
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Saturday
Game 1 Aggressive over Desert Edge (Open)
Game 3 Desert Edge over Sammy's Renegades (Tactical)
Game 4 BL Assassins over Aggressive (Open)
Game 5 Desert Edge over Chicago Heretics (Open)
Game 6 Demon Knights over Tactical Warriors (Tactical)
Game 7 Desert Edge 2 over Desert Kings (Skills?)
Game 8 Clowns over Sammy's Renegade (Tactical)
Game 9 BL Assassins over Master Blasters (Open)
Game 10 Desert Kings over Tactical Warriors (Tactical)
WORKS Autococker

Last edited by Spartan 03 : 09-18-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:54 PM #4
gizmo33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
Saturday
Game 1 Aggressive over Desert Edge (Open)
Game 3 Desert Edge over Sammy's Renegades (Tactical)
Game 4 BL Assassins over Aggressive (Open)
Game 5 Desert Edge over Chicago Heretics (Open)
Game 6 Demon Knights over Tactical Warriors (Tactical)
Game 7 Desert Edge 2 over Desert Kings (Skills?)
Game 8 Clowns over Sammy's Renegade (Tactical)
Game 9 BL Assassins over Master Blasters (Open)
Game 10 Desert Kings over Tactical Warriors (Tactical)
who won
gizmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 PM #5
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Sorry, I had a scenario game today so I wasn't able to get scores. I know BL Assassins took Open.
WORKS Autococker
Old 09-20-2010, 02:25 AM #6
deadendkid

deadendkid plays in the APPA D4 division
i believe open standings are BL assassins, desert edge, aggressive, heretics
Old 09-20-2010, 10:08 AM #7
Spartan 03
The Heretics

That sounds about right from what read. I'll try to get the scores up here. Master Blasters took 5th in Open. Assassins is no suprise, and having played DE, I expected them to take second, but you can never tell in the UWL. There is a surprising amount of parity once you take BL Assassins out. But we all need that golden ring to reach for, right? Congrats on third Aggressive. Let us know when you want to practice next!
WORKS Autococker
Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM #8
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Meh, UWL Facebook stopped posting games halfway through Saturday, so until the scores get posted on playuwl.com, I have no more information I can add. Sorry guys.
WORKS Autococker
Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 PM #9
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Latest news on who won it all:

Open Division Champs: Bob Long Assassins

Skills Division Champs: GAT Factory

Tactical Division Champs: Desert Edge 2

Note that the National rankings based on points may rank differently, but those are the teams that won the National Championship last weekend.
WORKS Autococker
Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 PM #10
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com

Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA beginner division
Skills = GAT (a real close finals game between MWB and GAT)

Open = BL Assassins (the finals game was only won by 13 points)

Tactical = Desert Edge Tac 2 (this was a real fun one to watch. DE vs DE and both teams had been playing extremely strong all weekend)

Desert Edge open won the fist game with Aggressive contrary to what is posted earlier. DE Open, DE Tac 1 and DE Tac 2 all went undefeated until finals.

The Open finals game against Assassins was the highlight of the year for me. The first 10 min DE had the Assassins pushed in to their dead box all but 2 players. We came out really strong and made a lot of kills off the break that we didn't know about and our add count was off so we just moved too slow and lost our edge. Assassins pulled our base flag 2 x and we pulled their base flag 2 x. Assassins found the hooch (objective) and gave them the 10 points so as far as flag points they only had 3 min more than us so it was REALLY close.

I think they just really know how to finish a game better than we do and we will be working on that for next year.

It was humbling to see the talent that Assassins pulled out for this one. They had the who's who of paintball fielding on that team for this event. One of the new additions was Dave Bains (Edmonton Impact, Russian Legion etc.).

Off the top of my head Ill list off wh was on the Assasins but Im not the best at knowing who the big players are so feel free to add to my list.

1. Zach Long
2. Dave Bains
3. Derrick Obatake
4. Tyler Harmon

Ill add more soon

Just want to finish that with a big thanks to Tom and the UWL and all the team. You guys are truly what makes this league so fun.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!

Last edited by Danger Dan : 09-20-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM #11
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dan View Post

Desert Edge open won the fist game with Aggressive contrary to what is posted earlier.
Yeah, Facebook changed that Sunday.
WORKS Autococker
Old 09-20-2010, 05:01 PM #12
Takedown

Takedown is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hey Dan,

That game in the finals was the most intense game of the UWL that I've played in. You guys definitely took a ton of ground off the break, whoever booked it to the center of the field off the break caught us off guard and got a bunch of kills early. Before the first rejuve I think we had 3 or 4 left on the field, one of which was Derrick who circled back at some point and was able to shoot the player that got our base flag moments after he pulled it. During the 2nd wave we pushed hard knowing that we needed to own all 3 bases for some period of time. On the 3rd wave we came out strong as well and we knew it was close, so we continued to hold the thick side and pushed hard through the center and creek. Coming out of the base on the whistle I knew I needed to center punch hard so I crawled the middle section, got 2 g's out of the middle and we converged on the base. I had passed up one of your guys that was dug in thick and he shot me in the back. Dave and Tyler picked up on it and went looking for him. While walking back to the base you swung our flag for the 2nd time and I thought it was over, I couldn't see how we had 9 guys alive on the field, yet one of your players was able to sneak through, nice moves by him. Derrick and I actually thought we had lost the match at that point, forgetting about the hooch points and not realizing that we had pulled your base twice. Long story short, that was an absolute battle, you guys gave us one hell of a game, and it was fun playing against you guys the last two seasons.

The roster for this event was: Zack Long, Terry Fong, Tyler Harmon, Dave Baines, Derrick Obatake, Sonny Lopez, Greg Siewers, Shane Howe, Kimo, Bear D'Edgio, Edwin Dolgopyat, Jon-Paul Fortunati, Ron Phipps. Bob was getting updates via cellphone while in Alaska

Thanks for the good games DE, it was great to play an exciting final game with you all.

-Ron
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM #13
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com

Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA beginner division
Thank you!!

You guys have shown us a lot in the last 2 seasons of UWL. We would not be where we are skill wise without you guys.

We are all looking forward to 2011 season and look forward to seeing you guys on the field and off.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 PM #14
deadendkid

deadendkid plays in the APPA D4 division
nice job to everyone
Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM #15
henrymiller
Chris

henrymiller plays in the PSP
henrymiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
henrymiller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
good times and a great event. every game we played was a blast.
UWL MWXL
henrymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 AM #16
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre

Annual Supporting Member
RelativeAsh plays in the PSP
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Congrats to B.L. Assassins on their national title! Also, thank you to all teams that came out to all the different events this year and made it a fun and tough season. Most importantly, thank you to Tom Cole and his staff and all the refs for making this season a ton of fun and run very smoothly! Thank you again all!

I Support UWL / Hank 3 / PBR
RelativeAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 AM #17
woody06

This was a great event! Can' wait for next season. Thank you Tom for putting these events on.

Proudly Sponsored by Lapco:
http://lapcopaintball.com/store/

Play UWL
www.playuwl.com
woody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM #18
Gat Products
get GAT or get Got

Gat Products is BST Trusted
Gat Products works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gat Products plays in the USPL
Gat Products donated to help Peyton Trent
Gat Products supports Bob Gurnsey
team GAT had a BLAST. the skill level from last year to this year have improve 100 fold. last year you all came out to make friends. This year you came out to kick some ***. desert edge don't take this lightly when I say your tactical teams put it to us. We are not use to being out played. With a little better gun skills you will have 2 more open teams
MUDDY WATER BOYS you guys have to be some of the sneakiest players I have played against. I told the team that one of you guys will sneak by us an take our home base. And you did. You played incredible Ball. The team said you are by far the nicest team that we have ever played and that goes a long way in paintball. I wish we lived closer to each other we would love to play ball with you guys on the weekend. I think your team could use a little of our meanness and we could use a little of your niceness on the field.

I wish we could have played every one that showed up. next year there will be no more skills so we will get to play some of the other teams. Hope every one that traveled had a good time in cali and got a chance to walk around scvillage. THANKS TO ALL THAT TRAVELED you guys made this event. See you all next year.

YUMA RATTLERS #1 fan
Order of seven #1 Fan
MUDDY WATER BOYS #1 FAN
BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED #1 FAN

Last edited by Gat Products : 09-21-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Gat Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 PM #19
Hoot {MWB}

Several of us stayed a few extra days in California for a small vacation. Got to hit up Huntington Beach, Hollywood, etc. It was a good time. We just got back to Nebraska late last night. As for the tournament:

A massive "thank you" goes out to Tom Cole, Peter, and the entire UWL staff. They had two immediate hurdles to jump over. Tom had been expecting two fields to play on, but the brush had grown in so thick we only had time to prepare one field. This cut his playing space in half, thus doubling the time for the schedule. One or two teams backed out last minute, so that also put a wrench in the schedule. The UWL adjusted, changed a few things, and for the most part the tournie went off without a hitch for the players. Games ran smooth and there were plenty of refs on the field to keep an eye on play. Oh and as for the field itself....my goodness was that thing a beast of awesomeness. It was so diversified and unique compared to anything we had played on before, we absolutely loved it. The heavy brush side was intense beyond belief. It felt like we were in Jurassic Park and being hunted by Raptors out there lol. But thank you Tom, Peter and company. This event was a true testament to what the UWL is all about. Well done.

As for the teams....we got a lot of love to hand out.

GAT: you beat us twice. You out played. You out manuevered us. You finished games better. You guys deserve that 1st place finish. It was a great learning experience and a thrill to finally play your full team. I know you boys will be a top contender for the Open title next year as well. With Skills shutting down, we will be moving to Open right next to ya. Things are going to get crazy in that division! Looking forward to it my friends! That first game against you guys we were doing pretty good. By the half way point we had pulled your home flag, we were winning and held a good portion of the field. Some pieces fell apart and you guys hit back hard. The Championship Game was INTENSE. I was not expecting your Scout to be setup where he was. I was dead in the first 5 seconds of the game and you guys put us ALL in the deadbox before the round was over. Not a great way to start. We weren't going down without a fight though. We sent just a few to defend left, and sent the mob hard and fast to the right through Jurassic Park, enabling us to sneak in and get your home flag. At that point we were back in the game, but you dominated those swing flags for too long and got the hooch. As the minutes went by we had to substitute ambush and surprise for speed. We simply could not get the job done. You showed us some areas we need to work on as a team, but it was an exciting way to end the season! Though our goal was a National Title, 2nd in the Nation is a big accomplishment for us. I know I know...2nd place is first loser lol. In all seriousness though, the competition in this league has jumped up ten fold from 2009 to 2010. We will gladly take our 2nd place finish and build from it. Open, we're coming for ya next year! Thanks for the games though GAT. Great times.

Desert Edge: Our love for you guys goes without saying. Your great sportsmanship on and off the field, humor, willingness to help and serve, and of course your all around good looks makes you stellar in our book. Man, sounds like I want to take you out on a date or something lol. For real though, nothing but respect and appreciation of your team. I mean this literally, we get excited when Muddy sees the schedule and it has us playing DE somewhere in the event. Why? Because we know the games are going to be close, honest, and a blast to play. We appreciated the help in the deadbox, we offered the same but your 35+ members in attendance had you covered! I hope you know that if you need something from us, Muddy has your back. See you boys next year!

Blacklight Company: Our brothers from another mother. It sucked only 4 of you guys were able to attend, but 4 Blacklight at an event still make their presence felt. You hooked up with a good combo of Heretics and FTF too. I got a pic I will email to one of you of our two teams together. Turned out pretty cool. a HUGE thank you for the assistance in the pit box during our Finals game. Your support was welcomed and deeply appreciated. Along with DE, we have a TON of respect for Blacklight. You boys know how to play the game with class and a right mindset. You need anything from us....MWB is here for ya BLC.

T-Devil....nice to catch up with you again and shoot the breeze brotha. Talking 2006 SPPL....Gridlock vs. Muddy action was classic baby. It brought back some good memories. I had not made the connection with you and that outfit. Just like GAT, BC Army, and others...Gridlock really helped us grow and development a few years ago with your beat downs lol. The Clowns are lucky to have you bud.

I had the privelege of meeting some ballers from different Tactical teams as well. Hawk from Daemon Knights was a standup guy. A lot of quality up and comers in that division.

I have to send a big thanks to Lapco. They graciously brought us on board this season and have gone out of their way to assist our team. At the tournie they had setup a spot for us with a shade tent, bench, chairs, you name it. We feel very fortunate to be able to wear their name and shoot their barrels.

Thanks for a great trip UWL. Looking forward to next year!

UWL Junkie: www.playuwl.com
Proudly Sponsored by Lapco: http://lapcopaintball.com/store/
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"
www.muddywaterboys.com

Last edited by Hoot {MWB} : 09-22-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Hoot {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM #20
Hoot {MWB}

UWL Junkie: www.playuwl.com
Proudly Sponsored by Lapco: http://lapcopaintball.com/store/
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"
www.muddywaterboys.com
Hoot {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote