Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM #1
II Unsigned II

II Unsigned II is a Paintball photographer
II Unsigned II plays in the PSP
II Unsigned II plays in the APPA D5 division
Post Event Thread for EPL North GSO

Lets hear it everyone, How did the event go today?

or

C.0.R.E # 17
II Unsigned II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 PM #2
C04
PLAN B

C04 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C04 supports Team VICIOUS
I guess I will get the ball rolling here...

First off I can only comment on the d5 field. At no time during the day did I see any of what was happening on the d4 field.

Yes, it is true we got off to a late start. I know my squad (SHARKS) arrived the day before to register while I do not think many other teams did the same. We arrived at Topgun around 6:15 a.m sunday morning and we were one of the first teams their. Teams rolled in around 7 or so and the registration line started and didn't go down for a good time. I am unaware if it was the EPL's fault or just late teams. But, when games got started they continued (quickly) right up until the lunch break after all 3 rounds of playoffs. So, kudos to the EPL for catching up.

Reffing to me, seemed great. It is very unethical to complain just because a call doesn't always go your way. The reffs watch players and their zone tentatively and they aren't afraid to get in and check the players. One of the reffs even used his back shield one of my players, all the way back to the deadbox, due to the other team overshooting.
I heard some complaining when game-play would happen very quickly and a lot of action was going on. To me, the reffs called the game as accurately and quickly as they could, even if their calls we ultimately incorrect.
I highly doubt myself or any of the other people complaining could have done a better job with everything that was going on, so I do not know what to ask for more in reffs. The majority of their calls were quick and correct and they all seemed unbiased. Thanks to Chad, Jason and all the reffs for another fun event (even if I didn't get to play). See you all at LVP.
-chris
-PLAN B
C04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 PM #3
h0bomatic

shouldve been at the d4 field and see the reffing..then your review would change about the reffing

Sponsored By
NYC PAINTBALL/Paintball Authority/Stingrays ops

"Dirty Jack Frost" #S1409-SL94
-SL- Owner Club
h0bomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM #4
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D3 division
I had a good time, was really fun and the epl always puts on a good event. The heat was pretty lame but what can ya do. See everyone at LVP.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 PM #5
SONICBOOM
FreeAgentContractKillers

i just wanna say thanks to everyone..EPL and staff and refs..thankless job and not everybody will be happy..dont get me wrong we got our share of penalties but the one thing we try and do as a team is to try not to put ourselves in certain situations..

Again, great job to all and the teams that showed up! Heat was a killer fo sho!!
SONICBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 PM #6
II Unsigned II

II Unsigned II is a Paintball photographer
II Unsigned II plays in the PSP
II Unsigned II plays in the APPA D5 division
Only problme i had was the D5 field was scary to shoot anyone playing today. Felt like i got in the ways of the reffs and such. The D4 field was more open, but look cockeye to me.

C.0.R.E # 17
II Unsigned II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 PM #7
EPLseries
EPL

I would like to thank Top Gun for hosting the Garden State Open. Big Jim and Carl have an excellent paintball facility. The fields where well maintained and very clean.

I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Planet Eclipse for sending their master technician (Winter) to the third event in the EPL North Conference. We look forward to having Planet Eclipse at future events.

The reffing by the Minions and Infamy was very solid. Great job guys, I know that it was hot out there.

It was good to see all of the teams getting along outside the net and displaying a great deal of sportsmanship on the field of play.

Thanks to all of the teams who participated this weekend, we could not do this without you.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:48 AM #8
mlowe

mlowe supports Bob Gurnsey
I played on the D4 field and although there were some calls that might have been questionable (and I didnt see every game) the reffing was consistant. I had one issue with a call and the ref was very willing to listen to me so my hats off to him (he had no attitude and was very polite). I know there have been a few issues with reffing at a couple events that might go above and beyond simple human error, but Chad and his crew have gone well above what most people would have done to fix those issues. Another great event under all our belts and I and Keystone United our looking forward to seeing all of you guys on and off the field at LVP. Boost and Crew...nice playing you today. Tommy from NYC Vengeance it was my pleasure talking to you also.
mlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM #9
Scyth3
IMPACT PAINTBALL

Scyth3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scyth3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a great time playin yesterday, the D4 field was a blast to play, a lot of fun teams in our bracket too, reffing is a tough thing, and I think the heat had a lot to do with everyones tempers but other than that it was a great event. and ill never forget that shot this one guy from NYC venom had on me... it was awesome
PbN Feedback
Scyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM #10
alinero718
Ali weezie 187

alinero718 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alinero718 supports Team VICIOUS
alinero718 is for the Gunfight
alinero718 plays in the APPA D5 division
well my butt still hurts from getting raped by the epl ref, over and over and over on the D4 side.

its was the worst reffing ever!!!!! we was called out on bounces!!! are you kidding me f-ing bounces. one of the ref threatened to kill our capt on the field and was Cursing like crazy and had no respect what so ever.

and during our other games, guys from the other teams where clearly hit and they played on without any penalty what so ever. it was unbelievable, i never seen such reffing. and the problem was with only one ref that looked like a leprechaun..lol.

but chad and Jason like professional guy's that they are, spoke to us with respect and heard everything that we had to say. and assure use that, that type of incident will not happen again. i will like to thank both chad and Jason for running a great league and for taking the time to talk to us.

I support the Eastern Paintball League
The Meadowlands Paintball
FREE AGENT 2012
All-star paintball

Last edited by alinero718 : 06-21-2010 at 05:21 PM.
alinero718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM #11
alinero718
Ali weezie 187

alinero718 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alinero718 supports Team VICIOUS
alinero718 is for the Gunfight
alinero718 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyth3 View Post
I had a great time playin yesterday, the D4 field was a blast to play, a lot of fun teams in our bracket too, reffing is a tough thing, and I think the heat had a lot to do with everyones tempers but other than that it was a great event. and ill never forget that shot this one guy from NYC venom had on me... it was awesome
where you the kid playing on the d-side in the last game?

I support the Eastern Paintball League
The Meadowlands Paintball
FREE AGENT 2012
All-star paintball
alinero718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 AM #12
Scyth3
IMPACT PAINTBALL

Scyth3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scyth3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinero718 View Post
where you the kid playing on the d-side in the last game?
no, I was playin snake side, the game I was talking about was the second game, I was playin Back Center and your snake corner snapped out and put 2 on my hand after putting our snake corner in. I was like wow that just happened.
PbN Feedback
Scyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:48 AM #13
deadlymedic3293

deadlymedic3293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deadlymedic3293 supports Bob Gurnsey
I think overall the event went pretty well. I know for our first tournament it was definitely a learning experience for all of us, and even though we didnt get any wins, we could see overall improvemnt throughout the day.

I want to say thanks to all the teams and coaches that gave us advice to help us improve for the next event, I know we have a lot of hard work ahead of us.

Thanks to Chad and Jason for putting the event together everything ran relatively smoothly and was a great time overall.

See you guys at LVP
Camp Out, Guerrilla Air, Monster Energy drinks
deadlymedic3293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 PM #14
PureVia
Alone & Hungry

PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia is for the Gunfight
PureVia supports Pev's Paintball
Well, me and Venom K.O. had fun on the red field there wasnt much bad calls besides the one when our snake player dove into the snake and the ref went to check him for paint and he pointed that he got hit in the jersey when our snake player got up there was no paint on his jersey and when we try to ask him where he got hit he walked away from us without an answer but besides that it was fun and the reffing wasnt bad.

Also the on site staff there was great one of our players hurt himself daving into snake, the staff seen us carrying him off the field and the staff took care of eveything else.

As for the blue field I heard alot of bad things going on up there, our team tent was put up next to 3 other D4 teams and every team including our D3 team NYC Venom and 2 other teams which names I wont post all I kept hearing was how bad they wanted to punch the refs face but all I kept hearing that it was all one ref fault.

STORMRIDERS 329

DEFACING FOR: ABCPaintball Field, HKArmy, AVID, Empire
PureVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM #15
fade2black11
Ascendancy

fade2black11 is a Supporting Member
fade2black11 plays in the APPA D4 division
I thought the reffing was consistent and that is what reffing really needs to be. We had a few 1 for 1's and even an I.D. pull whoops (sorry that was me) and they were all fairly warranted. I didn't see the drama take place with the ref being "let go" but it seems EPL handled it great. Not a fan of the location and facilities but I guess they worked.
fade2black11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:21 PM #16
jjdogz

Annual Supporting Member
jjdogz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jjdogz supports DLX Technology
Shout out to the epl staff Chad and Jason and mike banks let's prey the refs will get better on making very poor calls on us players we play to have fun indeed we all know it was very hot yesterday but overall we still had fun I guess that was some of us fathersday gift
TEAM BPS O.G..
TopGun Paintball
HiVi Paintball
Social Paintball
jjdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:16 PM #17
KMAYER1221
rip dan donlon

KMAYER1221 is a Paintball photographer
KMAYER1221 plays in the USPL
KMAYER1221 plays in the PSP
KMAYER1221 is Legendary
Not that many people probably care, but the D5 field was not wide enough at all! I know there wasn't much that could be done about it, though.

I must have gotten shot more times than some players on that field as a photographer. I was only on there for a few times cause I felt I was in the way of the refs. Literally had to tip-toe on the net to keep off the field.
KMAYER1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 PM #18
big papa bear

after a day to think about the tourny i thought on the d-5 feild it was the best reffin this year they were consistant and fair i would also like to say that no matter what happens on the feild i have made some very good friends in vengence they will be a force to watch in years to come tommy if you read this it is lee pm me and we can exchange numbers to set up our next food challenge what we all forget about in this sport is no matter what if we did not have each other to hate or love we would still be in the woods i personnally love everyone out there but on the feild no mercy is givin
big papa bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 PM #19
hlygh5t
TOPGUN T2

Annual Supporting Member
hlygh5t plays in the PSP
hlygh5t plays in the APPA D4 division
hlygh5t supports Empire
first off big thanks to chad and jason, the epl is one of the best leagues around in our area and deserves all of our support....

Field on d4 side was ok besides the the lack of he field properly set up and the land mines of deer turd.... but overall it wa a good event...
EKK ELITE
hlygh5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM #20
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
We had to dismiss a referee for inappropriate language and a poor attitude. He will no longer ref in the EPL.
Its unfortunate it had to come to this. But as soon as the "issue" was brought to one of the EPL executives and it was taken care of quickly, Just in time for the finals. Two thumbs up to F.A.C.K you guys played a hell of a game.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM #21
angelthedj

The heat was freakin' brutal....

Black/Red Vicious AXE!!!!

www.hivipaintball.com
angelthedj is offline   Reply With Quote