Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you support this proposal for comprehensive immigration reform?
Yes 5 19.23%
Yes, but lower the payments and taxes 3 11.54%
Yes, but raise the payments and taxes 4 15.38%
No 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 05:20 PM #1
Rapier7
Smarter than you

My Idea for Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Okay, guys. I came up with an awesome plan for comprehensive immigration reform that most people should be able to support.

Here's the premise:

1. Any undocumented person within the United States can be granted permanent legal status by paying a one time sum of 20k dollars (adjusted for inflation) plus handling/identification fees.

2. A new class of immigrant visa, H-5A will be created. This will be the permanent legal status we grant to these undocumented persons. After a period of no less than 7 years, they can apply for permanent residency.

3. Upon being granted an H-5A visa, these undocumented persons will be put into a computer system with appropriate identification data (fingerprints, dental records, etc). If these now-legal residents are convicted of a felony, they face immediate deportation.

4. Immigrants with an H-5A visa will not be subjected to minimum wage laws, other than that, they are entitled to the full protection of the law that we grant to any other legal resident (excluding citizens).

5. Upon acquiring a job, due to their H-5A visa, an additional payroll tax is added on top of the standard taxes, which will dock 5% from their take home pay.

6. A new guest worker non-immigrant visa, H-5B, is created. Workers under this visa will still pay the 5% payroll tax. After a period of 3 years, these visas can be converted into H-5A visas upon a cash payment of 5k (adjusted for inflation) plus handling/identification fees. Any person who wants an H-5B visa must go to their countries' US embassy or affiliated consulates where they will be granted them on the spot.

7. All money collected from immigrants enrolled in the H-5 visa program will be put into a Federal "state services stabilization" fund. Money from this fund will be apportioned to the states based on the number of H-5 residents living within those states' borders.

Analysis:

For those already within the United States, we have to acknowledge that, yes, they did break the law. But because the law they broke infringed on nobody's liberties and rights, it is a victimless crime and can therefore only be punishable by a monetary fine. After they pay this fine, they can be granted permanent legal status with a path of citizenship taking a minimum of 12 years.

For those who want to come to the United States, the new temporary guest worker visa has been instated to give them a much easier path into the United States. After a period of 3 years, they have the option of returning home or paying a small fee to convert their non-immigrant visa into an immigrant visa (immigrant visas have an avenue to permanent residency and citizenship). The total time it will take to become a citizen will be no less than 15 years.

The additional payroll taxes should be enough money to cover the states' additional costs incurred by illegal immigrants. Everybody wins, nobody loses, and we can proudly boast, once more, that the United States is truly a nation of hard working, law abiding immigrants.

So what do you guys think?
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2010, 05:53 PM #2
Road Reader (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7 View Post
4. Immigrants with an H-5A visa will not be subjected to minimum wage laws, other than that, they are entitled to the full protection of the law that we grant to any other legal resident (excluding citizens).
This would be devastating to less skilled workers, so I advise you be a little more radical and repeal the minimum wage period
Road Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 PM #3
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pretty stupid and its quite obvious you still don't like the idea of them being here.

All that really needs to be done is make getting work visa's easier for migrant workers (not all want to stay here), and make permanent resident cards easier as well. This is the hardest thing, because we know how slow the government works. We could put more of our government buildings in Mexica (like mini-embassies) to help streamline the process. I'm sure if it was actually easy for these people to do, then they would.

You could still create a new visa for them though. Make it so that they would have to pay taxes, because currently, legal H-2A workers dont, while many illegal migrant workers do (irony?)

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:25 PM #4
Xi Troll 13
LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
pretty stupid and its quite obvious you still don't like the idea of them being here.

All that really needs to be done is make getting work visa's easier for migrant workers (not all want to stay here), and make permanent resident cards easier as well. This is the hardest thing, because we know how slow the government works. We could put more of our government buildings in Mexica (like mini-embassies) to help streamline the process. I'm sure if it was actually easy for these people to do, then they would.

You could still create a new visa for them though. Make it so that they would have to pay taxes, because currently, legal H-2A workers dont, while many illegal migrant workers do (irony?)

Does anybody REALLY want them here in the 1st place?

OLD PBN Feedback 47+
Xi Troll 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 PM #5
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

That doesn't matter?

You must really hate everyone who comes here legally or illegally. America, if you weren't born here, then you get GET OUTTTTTTTT!!!

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:38 PM #6
Xi Troll 13
LS1

Quote:
That doesn't matter?

You must really hate everyone who comes here legally or illegally. America, if you weren't born here, then you get GET OUTTTTTTTT!!!

No, I don't mind people that come here legally, like my family did. I wasn't born here, but I didn't sneak across in the middle of the night like a dirty cockroach.

EDIT: I'm not hispanic btw.

OLD PBN Feedback 47+
Xi Troll 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:24 PM #7
CrazyLittle (Banned)

CrazyLittle donated to help Peyton Trent
CrazyLittle is playing at Living Legends III
CrazyLittle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrazyLittle supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
You forgot the part where they don't want people who were born here either.
CrazyLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:40 PM #8
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
That doesn't matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
You forgot the part where they don't want people who were born here either.
lol you guys are full of fail.. twisting words. true sign of someone who cant formulate intelligent responses and or thoughts.
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 PM #9
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

i dont think we need to extort 20 grand out of people. Let them get in line and come here in LIMITED numbers to become citizens. Grant a fair amount of work visas also. Not millions of work Visas of course. those who are caught here illegally should be deported instantly. If they get caught twice sentence them to federal prison for a few years before deporting thme. throw in a little hard labor for good measure as well.

Im pretty sure if i snuck into mexico id be arrested

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 06-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 PM #10
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xi Troll 13 View Post
No, I don't mind people that come here legally, like my family did. I wasn't born here, but I didn't sneak across in the middle of the night like a dirty cockroach.

EDIT: I'm not hispanic btw.
except you'll find people, just like you, who dont like those who come here on green cards or get their legal permanent resident status either.

and wow, good job coming across as a dick, you're pretty good at that

I know, right?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 PM #11
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3 View Post
lol you guys are full of fail.. twisting words. true sign of someone who cant formulate intelligent responses and or thoughts.
you never post in st: p and the few times you do, you dont formulate an intelligent response or thought...

pot calling the kettle black much? Go back to ST: A

I know, right?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 PM #12
Tank Wilson

Does anyone know just how much money it takes to deport someone?

And hats off to the OP for at least trying to come up with a solution that pleases everyone. Moderates like me love that ****.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:55 PM #13
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
you never post in st: p and the few times you do, you dont formulate an intelligent response or thought...

pot calling the kettle black much? Go back to ST: A
my posts are plenty intelligent. all you do is twist peoples words into calling them a hater/racist..

where the **** did he say people cant come here on green cards and become legal. brain working ok?

i saw what my mom went through to get her citizenship. we kept moving and the time kept starting back over. she had to learn out history all over again even though she was 2 when she came here and had the same schooling we do. the test wasnt easy. and the mexicans should just be granted rights? **** that.

to become a citizen of norway it costs 15k and i beleive you have to have some sort of skill too.

why should we be free?
1992 Civic Street
Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 PM #14
Tank Wilson

USA is number one. We shouldn't be comparing our laws to those of other countries, whether it's Mexico or Norway.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:59 PM #15
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Wilson View Post
USA is number one. We shouldn't be comparing our laws to those of other countries, whether it's Mexico or Norway.
i dont think we are number one anymore. the whole world laughs at us. we are no super power. china could end us if they shut us off.
1992 Civic Street
Old 06-12-2010, 08:02 PM #16
Tank Wilson

Oil is still traded in dollars. We're number one. When the world drops our currency, then I will concede we are no longer number one.

Also, China ends itself if they cut us off. We are entangled.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:04 PM #17
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc (Banned)

Lol sorry to go further into the bull**** off topic, but China could end us? Nobody could invade our country. Imagine going into a city where every single person is armed and shooting from every corner and window in every direction for all 360* of your environment. We cannot be invaded, we may hate our government, but we hate other peoples' governments much more.

Why do so many of you want a constant influx of impoverished laborers?
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 PM #18
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:

Twenty4/7 does make an interesting point here though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3 View Post
to become a citizen of norway it costs 15k and i beleive you have to have some sort of skill too.

why should we be free?
Something that many, many recruitment guru's promote to Greek life, Club Sports, etc on college campuses is using exclusivity of membership in terms of prerequisites. It forces someone who wants to join to be personally invested in some way before even being considered eligible to join, which helps in recruiting people who will stay involved in the group.

I kinda like the idea in the way that Norway approaches it. If you want to come here because you want to be an American, and take advantages of the opportunities which citizenship affords you, then great, show us that you want it.

However, I propose that rather than the $20k in Rapier's plan be applied to some sort of tax fund, let them keep that money, but in a means that is regulated ($xx/month for 12 month, let's say), perhaps a debit card? This way they will have an "unemployment/welfare" plan that doesn't burden citizens. I'd say 1 year is a fair amount of time to find a job (otherwise why stay?).
Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 PM #19
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc View Post
Lol sorry to go further into the bull**** off topic, but China could end us? Nobody could invade our country. Imagine going into a city where every single person is armed and shooting from every corner and window in every direction for all 360* of your environment. We cannot be invaded, we may hate our government, but we hate other peoples' governments much more.
Yeah I lol'd at the thought China is superior to us. Someday - technically possible sure. Today? Nope.

As far as the immigration reform goes - I'd insist/demand the need to learn English. This "press 2 for Spanish" **** got old 40 years ago. Failing to learn English only empowers these illegals to take what they want from America, and never need to assimilate.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:29 PM #20
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Oil is still traded in dollars. We're number one. When the world drops our currency, then I will concede we are no longer number one.

Also, China ends itself if they cut us off. We are entangled.
tank i know we are in disagreement but atleast you knew what i meant.

not like this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc View Post

Why do so many of you want a constant influx of impoverished laborers?

and as far as norway goes. someone said it would help with people caring about being here.

norway for the last 4 maybe 5 now years in a row has been ranked the highest standard of living in the world buy the UN. they have the highest average income too i beleive. there income per capita is 72k us dollars. america is like 44..

so they are doing something right. usually when you pay for something it means more. everyone wants free **** and they are the leaches..
1992 Civic Street
Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 PM #21
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

well this got off topic pretty quickly...

I know, right?