has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
How to use the new Planet Eclipse Warranty Centre

We are proud to unveil the new Planet Eclipse Warranty Centre:
https://www.planeteclipse.com/warranty/signin

This is the beginning of a new Warranty system that we have been wanting to integrate for some time now, allowing customers to create an account for themselves, register the Eclipse markers that they currently own and then "dispose" of them when they sell them on, allowing the next owner to register them.

Not only do we anticipate that this will make life easier for you guys the customers, but will also aid our Service Centres when validating warranty information and carrying out warranty and service work.

So how do you use the new system????

Customers who have ALREADY registered their Eclipse marker(s) for warranty should follow this procedure:

- Click on the "Retrieve Password" link on the left hand side of the Welcome page or here
- Enter the email address that you used on your original Warranty registration
- Click the "Retrieve" button
- An automated email will be sent to you with your Sign In details and a hyperlink allowing you to Sign In straight away.
- Once you have Signed In you can amend your Address, Contact, Email and Password details accordingly as well as view and amend your current Warranty Registrations.

Customer who have NOT yet registered their Eclipse marker(s) for Warranty purposes should follow this procedure:

- Click on the "Create New Account" link on the left hand side of the Welcome page or here
- Begin the Create Account process selecting a Screen Name, Email Address and Password.
- Click on the "Next Step" button
- Providing all of the Registration details that you have submitted are valid, you will receive a notification at the top of the Screen to say "Account Created - your Sign In details have been emailed to you". (NOTE: This is purely for your records and to allow you to resume the Sign In process at a later date if you are interrupted).
- Submit valid Contact Details ensuring that all of the required fields are complete (Full name, contact preferences etc) .
- Click on the "Next Step" button.
- Submit valid Address Details ensuring that all of the required fields are complete (Town, Country etc).
- Click on the "Next Step" button.
- Submit valid Record Details ensuring that all of the required fields are complete (Marker model, serial number etc).
- Click on the "Next Step" button to complete the Registration process.

IMPORTANT:
At this stage your account will be classified as "UNVERIFIED". You will be sent a second email requesting that you verify your email address. Please follow the instructions contained in this email to verify your account, allowing you to log into it and start using it.

Start spreading the word and let me know if you have any questions

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter

Last edited by Nicky T : 06-17-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 AM #2
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Sweet - will be doing it today!
Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando
OLD_B4LL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 AM #3
coibeo2610
Cuong Lai Photography

coibeo2610 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coibeo2610 is an NCPA player
coibeo2610 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
coibeo2610 plays in the APPA D4 division
Password retrieved!

Thanks Nicky!

P.S.: Just disposed 2 markers. Hopefully new owners will register them soon.

5D II || 24L II || 70-200L II || 85L II || 135L ||

Last edited by coibeo2610 : 06-17-2010 at 07:06 AM.
coibeo2610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:52 AM #4
lemuren

lemuren owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lemuren supports Team VICIOUS
Nice, tho i dont like that my password is not hashed in like MD5 or using some other non reversible encryption method.

Also redo the create account page, its shows my password as i am typing it, and thats not how you do it right.
lemuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 AM #5
HELLBENTTEXAN
Old Age Rampage

Annual Supporting Member
HELLBENTTEXAN plays in the PSP
HELLBENTTEXAN owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I am signed up and am eagerly waiting to register my next marker. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuren View Post
Nice, tho i dont like that my password is not hashed in like MD5 or using some other non reversible encryption method.

Also redo the create account page, its shows my password as i am typing it, and thats not how you do it right.
wow give something cool to people and they *****.....Who is watching you type your password that you would be worried about it???? Delete your cookies. If someone wants to hack you theres no stopping them.

Last edited by HELLBENTTEXAN : 06-17-2010 at 08:14 AM.
HELLBENTTEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM #6
lemuren

Not to bash on their new system, its nice and all that. Its just that its room for improvements.

Having passwords in clear text using an reversible encryption is a security risk, thats why i am mentioning this. As for the field showing it in clear text, i want that changed as many people use one password for all sites and when typing it in that field the browser saves it as a form data not a password.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:08 AM #7
HELLBENTTEXAN
Old Age Rampage

Annual Supporting Member
HELLBENTTEXAN plays in the PSP
HELLBENTTEXAN owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Not to bash on their new system, its nice and all that. Its just that its room for improvements.

Having passwords in clear text using an reversible encryption is a security risk, thats why i am mentioning this. As for the field showing it in clear text, i want that changed as many people use one password for all sites and when typing it in that field the browser saves it as a form data not a password.
Understand...maybe a PM would have worked. lol
HELLBENTTEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 AM #8
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

The reason that we have not gone down this route is because the ONLY time you can see your password to re-enter it is on initial Sign Up. Every other time the password is disguised when you enter it.

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM #9
lemuren

Well, thats not really true. As every other form that uses the same name/id will have it reappear if that setting is on in your browser.

<input type="text" name="password" value="" /> <span>Retype</span> <input type="text" name="password_2" value="" />

The name on the first field is quite common, so if you are unlucky it will show in a drop down on other sites. And as its saved within the browser it can be retrieved if you know what you are doing.

Sure, this is just a minor problem, and you can delete the saved form info quite easy.

Other than that, nice system. Clean and simple. Will you be adding more features to this system in the future? Like details about the marker with the help of SN#?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 AM #10
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Started the process and got the email but work is blocking your site from that point on so ill finish when I get home
Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 AM #11
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Other than that, nice system. Clean and simple. Will you be adding more features to this system in the future? Like details about the marker with the help of SN#?
That is the plan yes, but first we have to have a working system up and running before we can improve on it

Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM #12
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
This is GREAT! I love it!
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:58 PM #13
The_Southern_Oracle
I'm Dead Sexy!!!

The_Southern_Oracle is a Supporting Member
The_Southern_Oracle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The_Southern_Oracle supports Team VICIOUS
all verified THANKS PE!

FAT BALLERS
The_Southern_Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:24 PM #14
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

Quote:

That being said mister security man, you know that having the same password for multiple things is not secure too, right? Of course you do...
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM #15
#14 Excal

I can not retrieve my password; it states "Retrieve Password Failed!"
I registered my EGO 09 yesterday could this be the reason why?
Thank you

OK I just found out I was suppose to get a verification email when I registered my EGO but I didn't get that either.

Last edited by #14 Excal : 06-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.
#14 Excal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM #16
lemuren

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
That being said mister security man, you know that having the same password for multiple things is not secure too, right? Of course you do...
Yeah I know, not saying that I am using the same password for more than one site.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 AM #17
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by #14 Excal View Post
I can not retrieve my password; it states "Retrieve Password Failed!"
I registered my EGO 09 yesterday could this be the reason why?
Thank you

OK I just found out I was suppose to get a verification email when I registered my EGO but I didn't get that either.
Did you enter the correct email address?

Email me your details to: nick.t@planeteclipse.com and i'll gladly get you sorted.

Nicky T