Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM #1
Shadowspb

looking to buy epi.

Ive been out of the seen for about 5 years and looking into getting back into speedball again. I have an imp right now but its alittle outdated and I am looking for something smaller.

So have any of you guys have had any problems with ur epi's and how do you like them? Any certain upgrades recommended?

It seems like a really nice speedball gun at a very good price and was just wondering how you guys liked it and if its worth buying.

-shadowspb
Equalizer board, SP lpr, OTB
bolt,Cp roller trigger,Ndz detents,T.N.T feed neck,Shocktech on/off,Shocktech micro drop"Originally posted by DropTopChevy
I dont reccomend bunkering your wife, if so have fun jerking off for the rest of your life. "
Shadowspb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:48 PM #2
e1evenB
FTA

e1evenB plays in the APPA D5 division
Personally I love the Epiphany...its heavy but not too bad. Its not loud...is a gas hog but who cares...air is free. I Recommend upgrading it with a hyper 2, a new board and a clamping feedneck. Other than that they are sic.
Taylor #69
BATL
Army Infantry - "That? Yea we can kill that"
e1evenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM #3
xcpenguinxc
Juggernaut

xcpenguinxc owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
honestly i've played with mine 3 times and have had around 5 cases through it with no problems. it is a gas hog and it is a tad on the heavy side. the only upgrades i honestly think this gun needs is a clamping feedneck, maybe an asa, and the inserts for the freak (personal opinion). other than that shoots great and with all the new tournies going to 10bps ramping this gun can do that with no trouble with the stock board so why spend 500+ on a gun that can't even go down to 10bps. great gun overall imo
xcpenguinxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 AM #4
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
board is a bit of a pain in the *** to program. i waited till mine broke last weekend, but i just ordered a Seventh Element board. beyond that, ive put 15+ cases through it over the last year. all of them reballs, plus a few cases of real paint. most of the problems i have had have come from me manhandling the gun.

upgrades though: decent ASA should be like $20 on ebay,

QEV, also about $20, faster cycling, lower pressure, less air, etc

inserts, $8 a piece, but just get a few of varying sizes.

clamping feedneck should be cheap.

the stock bolt it perfectly fine, as is the board, but maybe uprade to a techt L7 bolt 50$, and a seventh element board (75$).

Bolt out back bodies if you hate taking the gun apart.

stock trigger, frame, and reg are perfectly fine IMO.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 AM #5
MaRiNexICEx

I was in the exact same boat you are..
I got my Epiphany for an amazing price and tbh I've only used it one the field once thus far.. So I could still be in the "oh em gee new gun i love it no matter waht" stage but rly I haven't had any real problems..

I thought it had a leak after that day of play but I took it apart, cleaned it up and all that jazz and now back to no problems.

I love the way the gun shoots and for the price imo you cant beat it. Sure people are guna tell you "well for 100 or so more you can get ____ and its wayyy better" ok sure, thats nice... But not all of us have or want to spend that 100.. and thats why that gun is more, because it may be better... I bought mine for 130 used and seriously I don't think there is a gun for that price that compete.

As far as upgrades atm I'm rockin all stock till I get more money. and let me tell ya, I feel like it does have ups at times cuz it shoots sooo smoothly. Obviously the 1st thing ppl may recommend is the 260 QEV and a clamping feedneck.. Aside from that everything is just minor upgrades. Sure you can get a new bolt but I know I'd never notice a difference, the stock firebolt is nice. Sure you can get a new board.. But the new tourny cap for pro is at like 13 bps so there's no realy point in gettin a board that can shoot faster (imo). Stock ASA is great, stock barrel gets the job done no need for another but I'm sure for a price (which I dont have the money for) you could get a new barrel but personally I shoot just fine w/ the freak.

All in all I think it's a great gun and if you can get a good deal on it go for it! But taking it apart does require some time (prolly 10mins to fully take apart and put back together) so just expect that. I like doing matinence to my guns so I dont mind the time it takes at all!

Best of luck in ur decision and hope whatever you get works out for ya
MaRiNexICEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM #6
Shadowspb

thxs for the replies guys, been helpful. Im looking at alot of other guns now but now have good knowledge about this gun and should help me with my decision.

-shadowspb
Equalizer board, SP lpr, OTB
bolt,Cp roller trigger,Ndz detents,T.N.T feed neck,Shocktech on/off,Shocktech micro drop"Originally posted by DropTopChevy
I dont reccomend bunkering your wife, if so have fun jerking off for the rest of your life. "
Shadowspb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 AM #7
sinhabits

feedback
sinhabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 AM #8
PaintballRepUSA
Safety Guru to the Famous

I got an Epiphany in trade this weekend, should be comming in soon. Since I had an EOS and liked it, should be close and that means it will be a fun marker.

Since I play rec and scenario only it tends to be overkill when I can usually play with any semi marker but, hey they look cool.
Independent Trainers of Nevada Inc.

Player since 1982 - Built and Sold 4 Static Fields and 3 Mobile Fields - Currently run 1 mobile fields and teach OSHA for Paintball Fields/Shops
Team Internet Member # 6996.1 (Wife is .2)
PaintballRepUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 AM #9
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballRepUSA View Post
I got an Epiphany in trade this weekend, should be comming in soon. Since I had an EOS and liked it, should be close and that means it will be a fun marker.

Since I play rec and scenario only it tends to be overkill when I can usually play with any semi marker but, hey they look cool.
why would you go from an eos to an epiphany?
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 AM #10
PaintballRepUSA
Safety Guru to the Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Huntsman View Post
why would you go from an eos to an epiphany?
Sold the EOS to a kid who "Just Had to Have It". Then I went back to my tricked ULE Mag till someone stole it.

Got the Epi in a trade, a guy wanted two pumps I had, he had the Epi, so I swapped.

In the end I will probally swap or sell the Epi and mY proto SLG UL and build another Mag.

I shoot so many different markers in the course of a year as part of work that I don't get stuck on one. Wait I do keep going back to my splatmaster...
Independent Trainers of Nevada Inc.

Player since 1982 - Built and Sold 4 Static Fields and 3 Mobile Fields - Currently run 1 mobile fields and teach OSHA for Paintball Fields/Shops
Team Internet Member # 6996.1 (Wife is .2)
PaintballRepUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:16 PM #11
Grazi07
Armada

Grazi07 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Overall it's a solid gun. Price was right for me and I wanted something that would be competitive out of the box. I knew I wouldn't be wasting people with it, but it'd keep me in the mix. There is a bit of novelty to them - I have yet to come across another. Feedneck fits my Empire B very snugly without sanding or otherwise modding.

My only complaint is with the trigger. It may just be me, but I feel like the top finger notch is noticably harder to get a shot off with than the bottom is.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM #12
sinhabits

I need to find a post for feedback for ya bro.
sinhabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 PM #13
spepiphany999

the anno on my black one wore off after about 5 uses. it was heavy, and a pita to take apart. that just my veiw though. i have n ego7 now.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:18 PM #14
sconn
MTU_Paintball

sconn owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sconn is an NCPA player
sconn plays in the APPA beginner division
Epiphany is a solid gun, if you get it you will not be dissappointed. When its still a stock gun they are exceptional for the price and I agree with e1evenB that once you do those ups, board feedneck and reg, (for sure about the hyper 2 reg), the gun will rip

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__
|-----MTU paintball ----|||| '|";\_
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|...,_l
"(@)'(@)""""''' |(@ )(@ ) ````(@)
sconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:12 PM #15
RE99ED

if i wanted to buy a used epiphany where would i look
RE99ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM #16
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Bst
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:37 PM #17
AznAssassin

The Epiphany offers awesome bang for buck when its bone stock. However, I would definitely get a few upgrades such as a clamping feed neck, new board, and a good regulator. Otherwise else, good speedball gun.

A marker by itself is only a tool. Pretty useless without skilled hands to wield it.
AznAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 PM #18
bracer028

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAssassin View Post
The Epiphany offers awesome bang for buck when its bone stock. However, I would definitely get a few upgrades such as a clamping feed neck, new board, and a good regulator. Otherwise else, good speedball gun.
with those upgrades, get an etek.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 PM #19
Punch2TheFace
Colton

i had one for a while its just definitely on the heavy side and a pain to take apart since it has no back cap. But super quite, accurate, and almost never chops
Punch2TheFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:15 AM #20
sp90

i like my epiphany. i played with it stock for about a year and finally upgraded the board and reg and its better than ever. I haven't had any major problems with it.
sp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:28 AM #21
james carter
899th Tank Destroyers

james carter helped look for balloons
james carter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
james carter supports Team VICIOUS
just save up and buy a better gun if your getting back into the sport epiphanies have horrible resale so it wouldnt help much to buy a new better gun