Kickin-Impulse
Oh SNAP!

Kickin-Impulse is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kickin-Impulse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kickin-Impulse has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Solenoid or board issue??

Hey folks,

I recently picked up a lot purchase that had a minty silver NXT in it. After doing a rebuild of the bolt guide and putting a fresh battery in, the marker is acting up. The first trigger pull ALWAYS fires/activates the solenoid, after that it's just the microswitch clicking. When aired up the gun will only actually fire/cycle sparodically.

I initially thought "awh **** the solenoid is bad". I happen to have another NXT Shocker, so I switched the grip frames around and it worked! The orange grip frame/board worked fine on the silver gun, and the frame/board from the silver gun worked fine on my orange Shocker.

When I switched the silver frame back on the silver Shocker, it started doing the same thing.

So.. I'm at a loss after testing and diagnosing like I did. When I slapped the orange frame on and heard the noid click every single time I thought score! But it doesn't make sense how the noid was clicking on my orange shocker every time with the silver frame.

Any ideas? I'd like to sell it soon and would much rather get it running 100% before I do.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2016, 09:47 AM #2
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
What boards are in the 2 guns? A stock board will always fire the first shot then the eyes will stop it from firing any further until it reads a ball.
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:52 AM #3
SpinE
AlcoholicBeverageHandler

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
SpinE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SpinE supports Shocker RSX
Have you tried turning the eyes off?
SpinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:44 PM #4
Kickin-Impulse
Oh SNAP!

Kickin-Impulse is a Supporting Member
Kickin-Impulse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kickin-Impulse has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I got it figured out guys. I raised the dwell. Still doesn't make much sense since it fired with the silver frame/board on my orange Shocker but wouldn't when I swapped it back. I think it's because they have different solenoids, so the one noid was able to respond to a lower dwell setting and the other was not?

The only problem I have now is the stupid open end adjustment on the regulator is stuck allt he way in. I've already charred the **** out of the reg so now I have to buy a new reg to sell it because I can't get the damn thing to break loose. Yes I have tried clockwise as I believe that part is left hand threaded. Really hate Smart Parts for their stupid reg design what in the hell were they thinking. This reg is now ruined and it was in MINT condition before hand. I don't even know how the hell this stupid adjustment got stuck in the first place.