Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM #1
Slow Z Rally

Talkin bout guides.

So, I have off and on issues with my shocker from time to time. The eigen fixed most of my issues due to a worn down, scratched ndz bolt, however I still find problems every once in a while.

I'm currently running a hybrid guide, the "Tyler Michaud" version if that makes a difference, and have seen a bit here and there about the subpar machining tolerances exhibited by hybrid. My question is, what exactly was wrong with the machining? Oring grooves? Out of round? Is it repairable?

My next question would be, who makes a really good toolless bolt guide if I indeed should replace this one? Thanks guys!

Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM #2
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
I have a hybrid guide and have had no problems. But I have heard the stories of QC issues. Most of what I have heard is over/under size parts. But now I wonder if people have looked at concentricity issues? I can see the thin end getting tweaked if they were going too fast/taking too much in a single pass or using worn tools.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM #3
Reapa Shot
Streets Is Mine

Reapa Shot is a Supporting Member
Tolerances are insane with most of them Hybrid included.. For example, I had a BL guide that would only give a full cycle every other shot. The back of the guide, specifically the groove where the bumper sits, is not near as large as the stock guides. This would cause the bumper itself to restrict the exhaust holes. Some have worked, others not so much. Just tolerances.

Replace with - Stock guide. Unless you want to spend money and test your luck.
Reapa Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM #4
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a bloodline one that was ok but as soon as I switched to a stock guide the bolt slid much smoother and lowered my pressure about 20psi cause of oring tolerances. The grooves on my bloodline were much thinner than the stock guide. Performance is more than worth it to go back to a stock guide vs having the convenience of a tooless guide
Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 PM #5
Slow Z Rally

Is it just pretty much an oring groove issue? I may end up picking up a stocker for temporary use.

Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote