IrishNinja6
US Air Force

Annual Supporting Member
IrishNinja6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleahw View Post
ansgear shows a map of four day delivery, took over a week for mine. They also, when I contacted, lied to me about when I would get my order. Then when I got it they switched out the swabs I ordered for another brand. They said they just substitue things if they are out and don't bother to see if it is ok with the customer. Will never use them again. Also they sent me the wrong item and wanted to just give me a store credit and asked if me getting a product that I did not order was a problem, yes its not what I wanted!
Also if you contact through e-mail they do not put names or any business information in the e-mails, to me that is incredibly unprofessional and shaddy.

If you didnt order on a Monday, 4 day USPS shipping would take at least a week, considering federal agencies are closed on saturday, sunday, and holidays, and USPS is, in fact, a Federal Agency. Dont blame ANS for USPS policies.

also, youre boycotting a company over a $3 accessory that you use 3-4 times and throw out? many companies will substitute a similar item of equal or greater value to expedite shipping. If they didnt do that, you would be in here *****ing about how long it took to ship your crap out.

theres just no pleasing some people

My WTB list: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 AM #107
bogeynuts

ansgear has been great. Just placed an order found quick processing and received my order and found the pants were too big. Gave them a call got a RMA number and sent back the pants received a credit to my account the same day they received the returned pants. Placed another order and order was processed and shipped the next day. So far great prices, service, and processing on the orders I have with them. Sorry to hear others weren't experiencing that.
bogeynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:59 PM #108
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
I'm not here to ***** and moan but for the most part ANS has been good to me. I do have one gripe though. Here is my story.

I had placed an order on the night of Thursday May 31st. Could've even been the early morning of Friday June 1st. It was probably a good 5-6 things. I forgot something so I added it on about a half hour afterwards. It's now going on June 9th and I still don't have my package. Tracking info said it shipped out on the 4th of June and now it won't be here until the 12th. Since when does it take 8 days to get from California to Chicago IL? Now I don't mind waiting for **** but I specifically placed an order up to a week and a half before I needed it and low and behold I still don't have it. What's funny to me is that a friend of mine placed an order last Monday June 4th and got his order yesterday June 8th. He lives a town over. I have also tried to reach ANS with no luck. Left a message for them so I guess I'll have to wait for a call back.

Either way I'm pissed off about it.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM #109
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badWS6 View Post
I'm not here to ***** and moan but for the most part ANS has been good to me. I do have one gripe though. Here is my story.

I had placed an order on the night of Thursday May 31st. Could've even been the early morning of Friday June 1st. It was probably a good 5-6 things. I forgot something so I added it on about a half hour afterwards. It's now going on June 9th and I still don't have my package. Tracking info said it shipped out on the 4th of June and now it won't be here until the 12th. Since when does it take 8 days to get from California to Chicago IL? Now I don't mind waiting for **** but I specifically placed an order up to a week and a half before I needed it and low and behold I still don't have it. What's funny to me is that a friend of mine placed an order last Monday June 4th and got his order yesterday June 8th. He lives a town over. I have also tried to reach ANS with no luck. Left a message for them so I guess I'll have to wait for a call back.

It's not their fault...I assume you did the $50 free shipping sale like me. My package got shipped out a day after I bought it and isn't scheduled to get here til 13 days later. Fed Ex is taking 5 days to get me my package even though its already here in my state. If they shipped it, it's out of their hands
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM #110
1badWS6
TATT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
It's not their fault...I assume you did the $50 free shipping sale like me. My package got shipped out a day after I bought it and isn't scheduled to get here til 13 days later. Fed Ex is taking 5 days to get me my package even though its already here in my state. If they shipped it, it's out of their hands
You're right it isn't their fault that it's taking that long to get to me but if you get a small 3 item order ... how can you not have it out the next day?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 PM #111
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
You're right it isn't their fault that it's taking that long to get to me but if you get a small 3 item order ... how can you not have it out the next day?
You are not the only person to buy in on their sale. Its easy to think your order comes above all else, but if you have been in any sort of business you know that is not the case. ANS does a TON of business, especially during these sales. The best way to do it is first come, first serve on their end. They see a list of sales to fill in the order they are made. So you might take an extra day if 300 people placed orders before you, its like waiting in line for a roller coaster at an amusement park...what makes anyone special enough to skip in front of everyone else that got there first?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 PM #112
1badWS6
TATT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
You are not the only person to buy in on their sale. Its easy to think your order comes above all else, but if you have been in any sort of business you know that is not the case. ANS does a TON of business, especially during these sales. The best way to do it is first come, first serve on their end. They see a list of sales to fill in the order they are made. So you might take an extra day if 300 people placed orders before you, its like waiting in line for a roller coaster at an amusement park...what makes anyone special enough to skip in front of everyone else that got there first?
I'm not bashing ANS by any means but I'm pretty sure if you have a multi-million dollar business you can't tell me that you have three people picking and packing orders on a daily basis. That's just half ***. I have been in business/sales for quite awhile and I know how things work. Either way it is what it is and all I can do now is wait.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM #113
510waffles
Call Me Maybe

510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
Quote:

its their shipping, dont use free shiping if you cant wait for it. use regular and youll get 2-3day. if they are paying for shipping out of their pocket, you know that in business that you have to reduce your costs. This would mean they pick the cheapest shipping and therefore take the longest.secondly, they have WAY more than 3 people taking orders and phone calls. Its not that they are being cheap and only hiring 3 people. they have tons of staff, but when theres a sale its difficult to understand just the massive amount of orders they get. Secondly, not everything that you bought may be in stock at the location of loading of the boxes. Though the items that you ordered may say "instock" online, it might be that they are back ordered 1-2 days.This will possibly add to the wait. So next time you choose to buy paintball equipment during a sale you have 3 choices: A. Wait. B.Pay for shipping C. price match at a smaller store and try that experience. You will find that ansgear is good at what they do and theres a reason why they are one of the biggest if not the biggest paintballer retailer in the united states

Last edited by 510waffles : 06-10-2012 at 12:40 AM.
510waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:40 AM #114
1badWS6
TATT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510waffles View Post
its their shipping, dont use free shiping if you cant wait for it. use regular and youll get 2-3day. if they are paying for shipping out of their pocket, you know that in business that you have to reduce your costs. This would mean they pick the cheapest shipping and therefore take the longest.secondly, they have WAY more than 3 people taking orders and phone calls. Its not that they are being cheap and only hiring 3 people. they have tons of staff, but when theres a sale its difficult to understand just the massive amount of orders they get.
That's understandable. Like I said I'm not concerned about the waiting. Just figured I would have had it already. I figured that they used the same shipping as when they run the free shipping over 100 deal. Guess not... no big deal. I learned my lesson on their free shipping over 50.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM #115
510waffles
Call Me Maybe

510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
Quote:
That's understandable. Like I said I'm not concerned about the waiting. Just figured I would have had it already. I figured that they used the same shipping as when they run the free shipping over 100 deal. Guess not... no big deal. I learned my lesson on their free shipping over 50.
i mean, honestly you should expect that, seeing as how the sale was on a friday i think, that means that the other 2 days, while you were technically waiting, nothing was being done. Weekends honestly add to the time that you felt like you have been waiting, if it is not a high demand item/have a chance of being out of stock, i usually order on monday so i dont have this ordeal since i live in california. This means that whenever i order, i will have it BEFORE friday 100% whatever shipping they use. I dont know if this is a strategy of ANSgear but i think they have their sales on friday so that people can make up their mind and have order set by sunday and ready so that when workers come in monday, they can get straight to work
Old 06-10-2012, 06:02 PM #116
1badWS6
TATT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510waffles View Post
i mean, honestly you should expect that, seeing as how the sale was on a friday i think, that means that the other 2 days, while you were technically waiting, nothing was being done. Weekends honestly add to the time that you felt like you have been waiting, if it is not a high demand item/have a chance of being out of stock, i usually order on monday so i dont have this ordeal since i live in california. This means that whenever i order, i will have it BEFORE friday 100% whatever shipping they use. I dont know if this is a strategy of ANSgear but i think they have their sales on friday so that people can make up their mind and have order set by sunday and ready so that when workers come in monday, they can get straight to work
I did expect a wait in case you missed that part. I'm in Chicago and it's coming from Southern California. What I did not expect is to still be waiting for my package when it was ordered close to two weeks ago. I usually order it on a Monday and it's here by Friday. Definitely not the case this time.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:52 PM #117
Bacalao

Bacalao owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bacalao is for the Gunfight
Bacalao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bacalao has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
not a bad site but its SLOOOOOOOOWWWW especially here in miami
Bacalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM #118
maniacmatt73

Annual Supporting Member
maniacmatt73 is BST Trusted
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maniacmatt73 is for the Gunfight
ans has never let me down, im happy with how ive been treated
maniacmatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 PM #119
allllaann

allllaann owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allllaann has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ANS has been awesome the times I've ordered from them. (I'm located only about an hour and change from their warehouse though).

Ordered a ton of gear and had it at my door the day after it shipped out, so can't really complain.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:47 PM #120
chain hang
Kobe might be a alcoholic

Quote:
ansgear shows a map of four day delivery, took over a week for mine. They also, when I contacted, lied to me about when I would get my order. Then when I got it they switched out the swabs I ordered for another brand. They said they just substitue things if they are out and don't bother to see if it is ok with the customer. Will never use them again. Also they sent me the wrong item and wanted to just give me a store credit and asked if me getting a product that I did not order was a problem, yes its not what I wanted!
Also if you contact through e-mail they do not put names or any business information in the e-mails, to me that is incredibly unprofessional and shaddy.
Quote:
my order shipped the next day so no complaint there
Please make up your ****ing mind

Everyday I wake up I'm ashamed the University of South Carolina still exists
Absolute Carnage
Sponsored by Planet Paintball
chain hang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:02 AM #121
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
I know my local proshop sucks balls- it'll be in in a week....month later, oh we didn't hold onto for you but we will have more. **** that, eBay in a heartbeat. They have to get that 5 star so they bust ***!!

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM #122
rkhig
Virginia Tech

Annual Supporting Member
rkhig owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rkhig is an NCPA player
rkhig plays in the APPA D4 division
rkhig supports DLX Technology
ans, never had a problem, pretty fast shipping at that
rkhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM #123
TommyTwoToes
Pump Chump

TommyTwoToes plays in the APPA D4 division
I ordered some jerseys through them and it came within a week which is fine.
I ordered a barrel kit and after two months, I canceled the order.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 PM #124
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
One of small businesses biggest problems is understanding that some people have zero patience. Or they don't stock enough or they are slow with shipping. I am not very tolerant of slow service or poor service- so eBay is my site of choice.

978-530-6747
Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 AM #125
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
One of small businesses biggest problems is understanding that some people have zero patience. Or they don't stock enough or they are slow with shipping. I am not very tolerant of slow service or poor service- so eBay is my site of choice.
You do know they aren't exactly a "small" business right....?

As for most other people complaining about it being shipped with a tracking number on say....tuesday, but then not getting it till the following week's friday, you do know that once it leaves their hands, they can't control how fast/slow it goes, right? Say someone slams their car into the back of the truck on his route, what exactly do you expect ANS to do about that?

Or, more realistically, most delivery trucks like that won't keep driving in severe weather, they'll pull over and wait it out. Same situation, nothing at all to do with ANS

Anyway, in a helpful post, I've ordered a TON from them throughout the years, with only one small gripe. I had ordered a feedneck for what they advertised as *Will fit ANY Proto SLG*. Upon arrival, I go to screw it on and it doesn't fit, the threading doesn't reach past the first couple threads. Get up customer support, and she was very helpful at first and said "no problem, just send it back and we'll send you one of your choice at the same price". Lo and behold, i get a phonecall a few days later from them saying they refused my return because the paint had been worn off of the threads and wouldn't honor what the other one had said, EVEN THOUGH I had sent pictures in the emails showing exactly what it looked like at the time of me sending it back.

Bleh, it's just little things like that that cause problems with some people I could see if it was something like a brand new NT11 or something, but a 30$ feedneck? For their size, they should have just shipped me a new one due to their false advertising.
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM #126
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by private_silver

You do know they aren't exactly a "small" business right....?.
exactly my point- cant keep up hire more people. Raise prices to accommodate the staff increase. Be weary that eBay will undercut you around every corner tho. This is age old....people *****ing that their gear doesn't show up in a day need to run a mail order business for a week to understand the difficulty of it.

978-530-6747