ANSgear.com 47 65.28%
actionvillage.com 28 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 01:19 PM #22
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephysteaux View Post
In the New Player section there is a thread called The "is this site legit?" thread. Out of the 51 sites listed, Actionvillage has the greatest number of positive reviews (+132/-6) and ANSGear has the greatest number of negative reviews (+65/-27). I would be wary of them. All the stories I've heard about them is if you go to the brick and mortar store in California they're good, but online their customer service is awful. From what I hear they'll often send people the wrong item, or a broken item, and when you try to get in touch with them about it they'll either ignore you or tell you to make the manufacturer take care of it, regardless of what they manufacturer's policies are on taking returns.

I've never ordered from ANSGear, partly for that reason, but one thing that has always annoyed me on their site is I'll often find a good price or a hard to find item through them on Google Shopping, but 9 times out of 10 their actual site has a disclaimer on that item's page saying not to order it because it is out of stock and will never be restocked, rather than just taking the page down. That's really annoying, and borders on false advertising.
I rather like the Paintball Graveyard but I do agree it is a little annoying when your looking to buy a part. Although a lot of the stuff they have in there you cant find anywhere new so its not that big of a disappointment.

As for there online CS: I used them for a number of months before sponsorship time rolled around for our team and they put us in there sponsorship program. Both experiences (Before and after the sponsorship) have been superb. Whenever I get on the Online Chat section im always taken care of within a matter of minutes and at they point I'm pretty sure they have zero idea that im on a sponsored team. Ive never sent them email although the one time I did make a chat request after closing time they emailed me the next day and gave me the info I requested.

Honestly, I just cant understand how its possible to have a bad experience with these guys.....although it is apparent that some people have.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2010, 02:22 PM #23
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
I have used both and never had a problem with any. However I think for the most part ANsgear has better prices.

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM #24
dex_rodriguez
Chop Shop Dex

has been a member for 10 years
dex_rodriguez owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
albeit i ordered only once from ANS....that fact that it took them 4 days for my mask to ship is the reason i will not buy from them anymore.
dex_rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 PM #25
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Im Biased but before my team got sponsorship I NEVER had a problem. Shipped next day or same day, fast shipping from Cali to Idaho. I had to return one item cause I ordered the wrong size and I think I only paid shipping there. Ordered all kinds of stuff from them, and never had any problems. Apparently one of my friends has had problems with backorders being put on-shipping the nonbackordered, then canceling the order before it ships. Overall CS is great, the online chat is really fast and will take care of you.
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM #26
PBFeZ

PBFeZ is a Paintball photographer
PBFeZ plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwipe69 View Post
ansgear didnt deliver $150 worth of stuff to me and to this day they still wont refund me a pennie.
Have any proof?

Because if not, your claim has no credibility. I can say my brother is the inventor of Windows, and got ripped off, but with no proof its not credible.

If you have proof, and dont want to put it in public, please PM me, and I will retract my statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post
You gotta love when the community speaks, right?

I bet most of the people who say AV is better are just the ones who have been scared off by all the ANS haters in the news section.
I'd like to see them try t for themselves. Buy a fitting, or some macro, or some other < $5 item... THEN they have the right to express their feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephysteaux View Post
In the New Player section there is a thread called The "is this site legit?" thread. Out of the 51 sites listed, Actionvillage has the greatest number of positive reviews (+132/-6) and ANSGear has the greatest number of negative reviews (+65/-27). I would be wary of them. All the stories I've heard about them is if you go to the brick and mortar store in California they're good, but online their customer service is awful. From what I hear they'll often send people the wrong item, or a broken item, and when you try to get in touch with them about it they'll either ignore you or tell you to make the manufacturer take care of it, regardless of what they manufacturer's policies are on taking returns.

I've never ordered from ANSGear, partly for that reason, but one thing that has always annoyed me on their site is I'll often find a good price or a hard to find item through them on Google Shopping, but 9 times out of 10 their actual site has a disclaimer on that item's page saying not to order it because it is out of stock and will never be restocked, rather than just taking the page down. That's really annoying, and borders on false advertising.
Then why in heck are you writing a review on ANS?

That is what they call the paintball graveyard. I quote:
Quote:
All products in this category are discontinued and will never be back in stock. We keep them here to give you a little bit of history on the past products of paintball. Please do not order any of the items from the paintball graveyard as you will never receive the.
Its a clear disclaimer in that part of the website, and on every page. It's not their fault Google Shopping doesn't recognize it.

ANYWAYS,

To the OP: ANS gear is A perfectly Legit website. I've used them multiple times, with no problems at all. Dont believe the BS that people put out there with no proof.

At the same time, AV is legit too. I ordered from them once (through Amazon, when I was first starting out) and they didn't have my pack in stock, so they gave me a phone call, and offered a different color choice (I took it). My only complaint is that their pods just seem to always fall apart on me (the lids anyways) .
PBFeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 PM #27
paintballreppin44

paintballreppin44 supports Team VICIOUS
ive bought from them a few times i ordered yellow fill but got orange but still was fine with me there legit
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM #28
Dekes35

Old thread but replying anyway.. I will never order from ANSgear again. I ordered the Tadao 2012 Spyder Fenix board for my 2012 Fenix (don't hate on it.. Just getting back into paintball and didn't have a lot of cash at the time) and when i received the board it didn't fit my marker (charge port was off by quarter of an inch). I called ANSgear support to see if they had sent me the wrong board and found out that Tadao doesn't make a board specifically for my marker. The full description on the site says:

"Tadao Spyder board for the 2012 Fenix marker.

This board was designed for the 2012 Fenix line of markers but will work in most of the Spyder Eframes including the Rocking Trigger frame. The only problem is the charging port may be off and some customization may be needed."

This description basically says the board was made for my marker but "should" work with other Kingman electronic markers... That is a lie! In fact, Tadao only made one board for Kingman and it was for the VS1 (this information was given to me by Tadao when i called them about the issue)...So ANSgear is falsely stating that the boards were designed for other Kingman markers! I asked for a refund due to the misleading description and was told I could have a refund minus a 15% restocking fee on the board and the chip or a store credit and I have to pay the shipping to get it back to them! So they lied about the product and then want me to PAY them for their dishonesty..To follow it up I wrote a review stating the part did not fit the 2012 Fenix (to hopefully prevent other 2012 Fenix owners from going through what I did) and they not only did not post my review but a miraculous, 5 star, anonymous review popped up the next day instead of my review. What that tells me is that ANSgear is not only perfectly fine with misleading their customers but are doing it INTENTIONALLY. Buy from these guys at your own risk as their Terms of Use are set up to ensure they get your money regardless of what they do wrong. Worst online retailer I have ever done business with... Thankfully the purchase was just for a board and not a highend gun that was incorrectly advertised or they would have gotten a lot more of my money for nothing.

Comment: I don't bash or flame for no reason, my above comments are my experience with ANSgear. I do however give credit where it is due...I recently have also made purchases with Hustle Paintball and Sakworldpaintball and had great experiences with both of them (spoke with support on both purchases and couldn't be happier with the service I received). Even gave my simple hpa tank a positive review on Sakworldpaintball (ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber..check it out if bored). So buy from whoever you feel comfortable with but I'm sticking with the company's that treat me like they want my business and own up to their mistakes.

Last edited by Dekes35 : 03-26-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Dekes35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM #29
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I've bought from them 5 times in the past 3 months. No complaints at all, great service!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 PM #30
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
I always have good experiences with ANS. They're pretty helpful and have the best deals
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM #31
melvinfec

melvinfec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Ok
melvinfec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 PM #32
Awolsoldier2012

They ship really fast I am stationed in germany and get stuff within a week.
Awolsoldier2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM #33
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive put in 3 separate orders with ANSgear. They screwed up one a tank cover size and told me to keep the one they sent me. AND sent me the correct one. kudus to their customer service.
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM #34
americigerm
Punchin Nerds in the Dome

americigerm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
americigerm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americigerm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americigerm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ANS is legit, they have yet to mess up an order, or send an item with sub-par quality.
E-Vents SE Ink'd w/ Ninja Lens
Battle Sports USA
americigerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM #35
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
my favorite website. i go on it a few times a week just to look around at stuff i cant afford. largest selection ive seen
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 PM #36
teflon_killz
el diablo vino para ellos

teflon_killz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
teflon_killz supports DLX Technology
I've bought from them over 10+ times. They've always shipped fast and my orders were accurate. Best website for PB stuff.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:46 PM #37
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?

Annual Supporting Member
DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Used both and never had any issues with either, I just recently made my first purchase from ans and the shipping was quick and easy
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 PM #38
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Woah why are so many people saying they ship fast? I've never once had ANSgear ship an item fast to me and multiple times they've held up my entire order because one item was backordered. I had to call them and tell them to ship the rest of my order (it should be common sense). Additionally I think ANSgear has one of the slowest processing times of any paintball shop. They take at least 24-48 hours to process and orders before they even ship them out.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 PM #39
ihideinbarrels

ihideinbarrels owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Used ANS all the time. Same day shipping if ordered in the morning (socal residence) Never had any problems except for out of stock stuff, but they called to ask if I wanted to change it. I thought that was appropriate. Never had problems.
ihideinbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM #40
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Woah why are so many people saying they ship fast? I've never once had ANSgear ship an item fast to me and multiple times they've held up my entire order because one item was backordered. I had to call them and tell them to ship the rest of my order (it should be common sense). Additionally I think ANSgear has one of the slowest processing times of any paintball shop. They take at least 24-48 hours to process and orders before they even ship them out.
99% of their orders ship the same day, so long as it's ordered before 12 PST.

Also, I would rather they call me about the delay\back order.

Say you ordered (just for example):
1) Lime Green Dye C12 Jersey
2) Lime Green Dye C12 Pant
3) Lime Green Dye Rotor

And then the jersey is backordered for 4 months (or better yet, discontinued), wouldn't you rather have the option to change to another color?

They usually have the MOST stuff in stock with the widest selection, it's rare that other vendors have something they don't. If they were to just proceed with shipping, I'd be pissed--and then I'd find out about the backorder after the shipment has already left ANS, and I'd be screwed.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM #41
Mekhet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbiii

99% of their orders ship the same day, so long as it's ordered before 12 PST.
I would second this statement, I will say (my experience) that their Customer Service department was GREAT! Only had one issue and it was resolved fast and with no hassle.
Mekhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM #42
trianglesandtweed

trianglesandtweed plays in the PSP
trianglesandtweed supports Team VICIOUS
ans gets my stuff to jersey in like 2 days. all my orders have been soft goods and usually under $100. haven't had a problem yet
trianglesandtweed is offline   Reply With Quote