Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM #23
p8intball3
La Bella Vita

p8intball3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quittman View Post
Summer anthem from Dirty South:

Last edited by p8intball3 : 06-08-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 PM #24
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Ugh. Now that I have reason making music seems far more daunting. I need to find out how to make them dirty bass lines. I hate these generic hip hop bass lines and the bass guitar type nonsense.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 PM #25
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by contractkiller20 View Post
Ugh. Now that I have reason making music seems far more daunting. I need to find out how to make them dirty bass lines. I hate these generic hip hop bass lines and the bass guitar type nonsense.
tutorials
and please don't conform to generic electro bassline disorder

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 AM #26
GlittermekaiN
Propah Noize

GlittermekaiN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

I know this was -just- posted, but I just have to weigh in on it.

As sick as it is, I kept waiting for the song to kind of loop back around and finish itself. It seems like it has a few very distinct verses, and each of them has their own tone. It's extremely well put together... but it lacks the end a great "dark" tune like that needs. I think it almost requires itself to be put into a full mix to be worth the listen.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 AM #27
Oc_rage (Banned)
Big Beats and Bass

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 818 View Post
this is why they are on the global circuit and you are on pbn.
lol they've probably been at it for a long time. i havent even been djing a year...nor do i promote or act like im some dj pro. i just think its hella boring having a song go from start to finish and mixing intro to outro.

you have little to talk yourself jeff, ive seen your stickam sets, they're nothing special.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 AM #28
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziWatermelon View Post
tutorials
and please don't conform to generic electro bassline disorder
I know. It's just a lot to take in all at once. At first my stuff is going to sound generic but I'm not going to release it to the public, it's just me for to understand the program. I know what sound I want so I am going synth hunting to get it.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 AM #29
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlittermekaiN View Post
.As sick as it is, I kept waiting for the song to kind of loop back around and finish itself. It seems like it has a few very distinct verses, and each of them has their own tone. It's extremely well put together... but it lacks the end a great "dark" tune like that needs. I think it almost requires itself to be put into a full mix to be worth the listen.
I thought it was just awesome all around. The song is like a story from start to finish. It didn't need to loop back because it has no reason to go back. It was on it's own war path.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:54 AM #30
GlittermekaiN
Propah Noize

GlittermekaiN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think it's an awesome track, don't get me wrong. It just feels like only a half song.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:59 AM #31
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

I hear ya.

I'm just discovering Pendulum. Slam, fasten your seatbelt, and tarantula are insane.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 AM #32
Oc_rage (Banned)
Big Beats and Bass

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I know. It's just a lot to take in all at once. At first my stuff is going to sound generic but I'm not going to release it to the public, it's just me for to understand the program. I know what sound I want so I am going synth hunting to get it.
what kind of stuff are you planning on making? if you're going for house and 4/4 stuff id recommend Z3ta and Sylenth, and if you are going for dubstep/dnb id go for massive/blue. blue is the new synth made by the people who made albino 3. looks like a wicked synth. kinda looks like albino 3 and massive combined.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 AM #33
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

My biggest ambitions are in dubstep. When you say massive/blue, is this something that's in, or needs to be purchased with reason? I quite literally booted it up yesterday so I'm not familiar with everything yet.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM #34
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
Quote:
My biggest ambitions are in dubstep. When you say massive/blue, is this something that's in, or needs to be purchased with reason? I quite literally booted it up yesterday so I'm not familiar with everything yet.
they're soft synth VST's
i'd say make sure you have all the fundamentals down pat before you start messing with different synths

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 AM #35
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Gotcha. And I agree. I'm not jumping the gun here. I have "Reason Ignition" and "Reason Power." They are two fat guide books / lessons. I intend on going through both of them in full before I try recording anything.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM #36
(!)ROBERTrhl(!)
What the ***?

(!)ROBERTrhl(!) helped look for balloons
So Starscape was WIN. I was really shocked by Datsik, this was on of the best dubstep sets I've seen in a long time. I thought it would have been like Excision, but nothing at all. There were about 10 minutes of his set which got way to hard and repetitive for my taste but then he smoothed it out with some sick reggae influenced tunes.

Can't believe he opened with Red.

Borgore can't mix worth a **** just like everyone says, and it sounded to me like his version of "Sleepy Head" wasn't even legit. It was so quiet compared to the banger he dropped after it. However that dude is ****ing hilarious, and is a true entertainer. I was really disappointed by Subfocus but I got down so hard to Wolfgang I completely forgot about that joke. If you ever get a chance to see Pretty Lights DO IT. I was very skeptical of him but listened to his first two albums a good bit two years ago. Dude puts on a great live show.

I ended up leaving at 3:30 right after Wolfgang. My girl was a little overwhelmed since we had been partying since 3pm. The party actually sold out which is a first in 12 years. I didn't miss anyone to important besides Rusko but I'm not worried about that one at all. So it was an awesome night all in all. I lost my car keys, a blunt, and cigarettes, and we got pulled over driving home but we were clean and driver was sober. Highlight of my night was seeing some guy that thought he was swimming on concrete scrapping his face and chest to pieces.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:17 PM #37
dpkidsrocks2

more of borgore's set, I didn't hate it, but it coulda been better, he def got the crown going lol. There is a bit of datsik at the end of that vid too. I also noticed that too about **** not being that loud at the beach stage, it seemed like the mids/highs weren't as loud as they shoulda been but the bass was good. The DNB stage was ****ing perfect all night, even to the side on the hill, it was unreal. killer night def going again next year if the lineup is good. Also buying my ticket for summer massive on friday since they are only 15 right now.

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 06-09-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:36 PM #38
p8intball3
La Bella Vita

Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM #39
dpkidsrocks2

omg tiesto can't wait to see him and his new track cmon its so good

Edit: More starscape madness.

And apparantly you can buy a full 7 hour recording of the beach stage here, http://www.scotto.tv/SHOP.html

Doorly at bourbon st. I'm super pissed now that I didn't go.

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 06-09-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 PM #40
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)
I NEED ABOUT TREE FIDDY

VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit

harrrrrrrrrdddddddddsttttttttyle. been mainly listening to hardstyle the last few days, not mcuh hardcoar. i dunno whai.

from Placid K's Warp Madness. thats a fat beat, fo sheezy.

wasnt DJ Neophyte in RTC?

Last edited by VcityBaller_Impy : 06-09-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM #41
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

New dubstep mix in the works. Almost done, just need to re-record and go over problem spots.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 PM #42
bam bam
when in doubt whip it out

So this kid that's in a few of my classes just asked me "what are some good techno bands?" on facebook. It took me a few seconds to realize what he just said and after my brain fully analyzed it i wanted to run head first into the closest brick wall.
X-Factor Fan #227
ST:M EDM where everyone is a tobe
"Originally posted by spr316:
her:hey!
me:so, when you gunna let me tap that?
her:when your dick gets longer than 2 inches."
Closed Thread