PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2011, 10:01 PM #64
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
The only people you HAVE to kill are the bosses...you can do this game without killing a single person other than them.
Death_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 PM #65
jcdenton69
****ter King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
I love all the little side stuff they stick in the game too. Like the Final Fantasy 27 poster and the two cops having a conversation about Robocop in the police station.
If the blatantly obvious "little side stuff" like the Final Fantasy posters and Robocop references are all you picked up on, you missed out on lots of clever little bits of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
The only people you HAVE to kill are the bosses...you can do this game without killing a single person other than them.
I am well aware.
jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 AM #66
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Probably did miss a lot of stuff. It's alright though, I'm still having fun. Just wish I had an HD monitor even more now. The game is so gorgeous looking and I'm usually not a graphics hound either. A new graphics card does that to you I guess though.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM #67
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM #68
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology

It's either the glass ankles aug, or the super parachute, there is no in between.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 PM #69
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burrows View Post
Unless you use the augmentation which lets you fall from any height.
digitard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM #70
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Okay so I beat the game the other day (8 bucks at Redbox saved me 52 bucks retail) and it was pretty amazing up until the ending.

Not spoiling much here, but you get to choose (like the previous games) which ending by how you handle the final task (FYI: Create a save point after you've been given the options but before you choose it, and if you're on the console you can reload the save point after completing each ending and get the "all 4" achievement without extra play throughs).

Anyhow... so I selected my ending, and was really let down by the generic nature of it. I dug Adam's voiceover on why he chose that option, and why he thought it was important. Where the world "could" head, etc. I just found that after this epic story it was a bit of a let down on all the endings.

I'm pretty sure they had to do it like this because this is a prequel to Deus Ex and Invisible War and those timelines are set in the verse so they can't modify this world to conflict w/ those, but still... show me what happens to the world I just saw.

Otherwise... great game.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM #71
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
I was talking about a possible Blade Runner sequel/ prequel and how bad an idea it would be in the movie forums when I realized I would much rather see a Dues Ex movie. While if they tried it I'm sure they would screw it up, the themes of human augmentation and the morality behind it could definitely be expanded on in a film. I would love to see a movie in the vein of Children if Men set in this universe.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM #72
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I was talking about a possible Blade Runner sequel/ prequel and how bad an idea it would be in the movie forums when I realized I would much rather see a Dues Ex movie. While if they tried it I'm sure they would screw it up, the themes of human augmentation and the morality behind it could definitely be expanded on in a film. I would love to see a movie in the vein of Children if Men set in this universe.
i too would love to see a deus ex movie but 100% garuntee it would be a disaster. you would need 3+ movies just to do the first game justice, let alone human revolution (screw invisible war it sucked).

finally picked this up sat and it is pretty solid so far. kind of annoying how energy management is kind of moot since you are going to be stuck riding 1 bar the whole level regardless, but it really is the best system they could employ w/o making it exploitable. i do not use cloaking and stuff like that and opted more into the passive/combat augs this time through so energy use is kinda meh. i am getting to a point where i think i am going to want to max all the stealth **** and just sneaking around isnt going to cut it. btw i am playing on the hardest setting, wish it was harder outside the bossfights (which are kinda sorta hard as ****) but i am really not to far so we will see

Last edited by imhungry : 09-12-2011 at 07:22 AM.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM #73
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just picked this up from RedBox because they didn't have the game I was looking for. Watched that trailer gave me goosebumps because of the relevance to today's corporations, the government, and conspiracies (really interested in that stuff, do a lot of reading). Looking forward to playing it.
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:55 AM #74
Scatlm
equilibrium

The game grew on me. After I went into the Chinese city I learned to love this title. I'm going through it for a second time now. Definetly 100x better than pos crysis 2.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:12 AM #75
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

i just finished it, great game.

only qualms i have are with the last boss fight, it felt tacked on almost. actually, with all the boss fights. in the first one there was a lot of background with all the bosses but in this one they kinda just happened. regardless it did the first deus ex justice and furthered my view of the first game as a masterpiece

kinda wish your decisions in the game impacted the outcome more like in fable but it the endings were all decently solid
Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM #76
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
i just finished it, great game.

only qualms i have are with the last boss fight, it felt tacked on almost. actually, with all the boss fights. in the first one there was a lot of background with all the bosses but in this one they kinda just happened. regardless it did the first deus ex justice and furthered my view of the first game as a masterpiece

kinda wish your decisions in the game impacted the outcome more like in fable but it the endings were all decently solid
True. The choices are a bit redundant and almost give you the same outcome. It is more of a virtual "free-will" where they make you think you are choosing but within the choices you are given there is a clear path that is given.

The only real choice is in the very beginning when Sarif gives you different wepon choices to tackle the first missiona nd at the very end when you choose the message to be broadcasted. Basically, you choose th ending.

However, within the game you can tackle missions in different ways. Access building differently. Choose to kill or to stunt, etc.

I loved the game. Highly recommended
Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 PM #77
jcdenton69
****ter King

No wonder the boss battles were such ****, they were all outsourced to a company headed by some jackass who had never played the first game and had no idea what Deus Ex was about.

Last edited by jcdenton69 : 09-18-2011 at 05:19 PM.
jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 PM #78
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
True. The choices are a bit redundant and almost give you the same outcome. It is more of a virtual "free-will" where they make you think you are choosing but within the choices you are given there is a clear path that is given.

The only real choice is in the very beginning when Sarif gives you different wepon choices to tackle the first missiona nd at the very end when you choose the message to be broadcasted. Basically, you choose th ending.

However, within the game you can tackle missions in different ways. Access building differently. Choose to kill or to stunt, etc.

I loved the game. Highly recommended
there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger choices that effect gameplay then your weapon choice later in the game.

the boss battles were fine, IMO, the boss development and how you were kind of tossed into a boss fight regardless of what you were doing before you got to the check point is what bothered me
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM #79
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger choices that effect gameplay then your weapon choice later in the game.

the boss battles were fine, IMO, the boss development and how you were kind of tossed into a boss fight regardless of what you were doing before you got to the check point is what bothered me
What choices other than the message you want to broadcast back to Earth?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:14 PM #80
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
What choices other than the message you want to broadcast back to Earth?
there is a pretty huge one that changes the namir boss fight completely...
Old 09-19-2011, 08:34 PM #81
Reapray

Game was too short to live up to the legacy in my opinion.
Reapray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 PM #82
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
there is a pretty huge one that changes the namir boss fight completely...
Yeah,
I totally picked the wrong side of that. I knew it, too, when I had the side quest that affects that and I chose it anyways because I wanted to follow the side quests, too.

Luckily I had fully upgraded my revolver prior (damage mods, ammo mods, laser sight and explosive rounds) so it was a powerhouse. I was able to make it, but not before dying a few times initially.

I love that Revolver once you upgrade it. Super powerful.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 PM #83
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

the revolver explosive ammo is really, really good in certain situations. the pistol is still significantly better for 80% of the game though. silenced weapon > everything. i used the shotgun and heavy rifle for boss fights, for the most part (used stun gun on fedrova a lot)
Old 09-19-2011, 10:01 PM #84
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Yeah,
I used the 10mm silenced pistol (and occasionally the silenced rifle) most of the time. I didn't use the damage heavy revolver until my 2nd trip to China.

I loved waiting for a guard to pass, and as they walked away popping out of a corner and tagging them in the back of the head w/ the silenced 10mm.