PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2010, 11:09 PM #22
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
lead writer from 1 & 2 is also consulting on the story for this one.

the FAQ on their website has a lot of good info

"The game's main focus is not on combat - it's on you choosing how you want to play. The dev team wants to make combat and the actual mechanics of firing a gun better than it was in DX. Not more frequent, not more important, just better in the instances in which you will use it."

"Stealth in DX:HR is based on light and sound; shadows are no longer used as the primary stealth element - it will be line-of-sight and sound propagation. You can hide anywhere you see fit as long as you're hidden by an obstacle and don't produce too much noise."

"Unlike Deus Ex 1, which took you out of the game world and presented you with a new screen and the progress bar, hacking in DX:HR keeps you in the world. Everything is rendered in-engine so as you're hacking at a terminal, you can still look around, up, down, left, and right as things are happening. You have to keep an eye out for guard patrols as you're trying to hack."

"The dev team wants players to focus on the gameplay challenges and on how they will tackle them. Going with the classic health pack system still forces players to retreat from confrontations and break the flow of the game to look for health packs when they run out of them. Instead of retreating to a previous location to grab/grind/harvest more med packs, the system keeps you in the action. The player is now forced to retreat in a tactical manner if he's in trouble, but he doesn't have to leave the whole area and start over because he was too low on health and stuck somewhere due to that fact. Its purpose is to increase the level of enjoyment of a player and remove all the down-time of back and forth induced by a "get medpack" philosophy. Overall, the team wants the player to stay in the events surrounding him and experience the tension indefinitely."
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 PM #23
TheSquirrelMaster
lame salad

From wiki:

"Unlike in Invisible War, weapons will fire distinct ammunition types instead of depleting a unified pool. They can also be upgraded to better suit the player"

Thank god
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 AM #24
Not Jcdenton69

Not Jcdenton69 helped look for balloons
Not Jcdenton69 is playing at Living Legends III
Not Jcdenton69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Not Jcdenton69 is for the Gunfight
JC Denton waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were JRPGS in Eidos headquarters. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Manderley were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now anyway.
JC Denton was a renowned agent and robot god for twenty years. When he was young he played video games and said to his dad “I want to be in a video game daddy.”
Dad said “No! you will BE KILL BY JRPGS!”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in Eidos headquarters, he knew there were JRPGS.
“This is Lara” the radio crackered. “You must fight the JRPGS!”
So JC Denton gotted his nanotech and blew up UNATCO.
“HE GOING TO KILL US!” said the JRPGS.
“I will purchase the majority share!” said the square-enix and he depleted the originality. JC Denton nanobotted at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the JRPGS!” He shouted
The radio said “No JC Denton. You are the JRPGS!”
And then JC Denton was Tidus.
Not Jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 AM #25
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096081p3.html

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 01-15-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:32 AM #26
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Reviving the thread since the game is out and I need help.

One major gripe with the game is it doesn't store conversations or pertinent information gained in the conversation like key codes. Anyway, minor spoiler but if you have completed the Motherly Ties sidequest I could use some help:

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Ok so I talked to the detective and he gave me the code to the storage locker. I was also able to convince him to give me the code for the safe inside, but I forgot what it was. No walkthrough I've looked for even mentions the safe.

Also, when you first leave the Police Station and Pritchard tells you an old cop buddy wants to meet you (the convo where he claims not to be your dating service) where are you supposed to meet her?)

I did all of this thinking I could acces the information through the menus later when I needed it so I didn't pay attention at the time, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess you just have to write down certain things old school style if you are prone to forgetting things quickly like I am.

And if you are wondering, yes the game is good. One of the best games to come out this year so far, for all of its flaws.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 AM #27
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Nevermind. I guess when you have the code it appears next to the keypad, I'm just an idiot.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM #28
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
Well, I got it. Haven't played it yet because apparently you need internet in order to activate it. Now that its installed it has to "update"

Seriously, this game came out yesterday. Why does it need an update already!?

BTW, how do I play this in Steam's offline mode? Actually, how do I set up Steam's offline mode?
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM #29
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

This game is ****ing amazing so far.

also...lol@u *****ing about the game not reminding you of things you were told earlier
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM #30
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Game story is good. Graphics aren't spectacular, expected better on a PS3/360 now that the system has been out for 5+ years. This is on par with Riddick for the original X Box, but the rest of the game is so far so good.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 PM #31
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff
Game story is good. Graphics aren't spectacular, expected better on a PS3/360 now that the system has been out for 5+ years. This is on par with Riddick for the original X Box, but the rest of the game is so far so good.
The main problem with graphics is unimportant character models suck. Henson and reoccurring characters look ok. The environments are also pretty drab and un interesting. The while hold and black color scheme kind of just translates to a brown cast to everything.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 PM #32
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
Don't buy your copies from GameStop...

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-u...1190175p1.html
protokid1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM #33
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
So has anyone found a vending machine that gives you Lemon Lime instead of Orange Soda? It was in the first 2, it's gotta be in here.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM #34
TheOmen
PIMPTASTIC

TheOmen plays in the APPA D5 division
So PC or Console? I've heard mixed feelings.

GamerTag - Zz Jared Zz
SSBB - 1976-9863-7164
PSN - JaredSolo
Steam - Golddo0d
TheOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 PM #35
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I tried the leaked version on my laptop, but my laptop sucks horribly (STALKER and Witcher must be played on Medium at best). So I got it on 360. Plays wel on either, but I found the cover system feels better on console.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 AM #36
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y
I tried the leaked version on my laptop, but my laptop sucks horribly (STALKER and Witcher must be played on Medium at best). So I got it on 360. Plays wel on either, but I found the cover system feels better on console.
I think the cover system was stolen from R6: Vegas. It works well, though occasionally my guy spazzes out and leaves cover when I don't mean to, which kinds sucks considering I'm playing a stealth character. The cover system is perfect for a shooter character though.

Also, if you have it for 360, install it. It cuts at least 10 secs off of your loading times.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:25 AM #37
ssgaR
(yಠ,ಠ)y

ssgaR is a Supporting Member
Sadly I am not enjoying this game much at all. Its just not 'working' for me.

-the stealth and combat are unsatisfying. Many games have done both better.

-the level design is often just laughable. There is a large apartment building I had a quest in that consisted of a single hallway leading to a staircase that lead up 3 flights of stairs with NO other doors to another solitary hallway with ONE apartment in it. Just ridiculous. I mean its just lazy and completely ruins any immersion I might have had. And don't even get me started on the apartment itself. Not to mention that things feel very linear, but in the lame 'well you can go left or right, but both of those paths are linear and go to the same place' sort of way. Oh, and apparently there is a very important evidence locker that's in the ALLEYWAY behind the police station. Did some ****ing retarded infant design this?

-the graphics are a let down after this much hype and development.

-not a fan at all of the fact I can't melee kill anyone without using power. Just pick up a ****ing knife you twat.

I've got more to rage about, but I've forgotten to spare my own sanity.

I'll just wait for some mods to play through this one.

"Originally posted by paintchk2: You sir are an ***."
ssgaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 PM #38
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I dunno what's with some if these glitches, I'm about 15-20 hours in and have yet to experience one.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying it ssgaR. It's not for everyone I guess.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 PM #39
Volucris

It's good for $34. Although with the stuttering issues I am getting it's going to be a while before I play it some more. It really is not as in-depth as I hoped. So much **** you can't do because it's a console port.

I even tried throwing **** at people to see if I could injure them and nothing would happen. The city of detroit seems like a colony of about 100 people at most. It's all because of ****ing consoles. I ****ing.hate.consoles.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 PM #40
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I normally would defend you on this, but I gotta say it's definitely meant for PC. All the controls have 2 contexts (tap for __ or hold for __). It makes it really complicated. Part of the reason I wish my laptop could handle it better.

Beef up your strength and you can killpeople with objects.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM #41
Volucris

It screams console with the menus, visuals, bink cutscenes, and terrible stuttering.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM #42
jcdenton69
****ter King

the cutscenes are just gross, they couldn't bother to even make them above 720p.

With that said, I'm enjoying the game for what it is. It's no Deus Ex 1, but I'm having fun.
jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote