Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2010, 10:55 AM #1
Phoenix01

New guy here

New to the forum, but not new to paintball...I mostly play woodsball and scenario games but I have played speedball before. My current marker setup is the same one that I bought back in '01, a Spyder original. I know that there are more advanced markers out there, but I really like this one over all that I have tried before. After I bought it I played for a few years with my friends and then after we moved away from each other, I stopped playing. So I packed up my gun and equipment and forgot about it. Fast forward to last fall, one of my brother-in-law's asked if I had ever gone paintballing. Well I'm sure you can figure out that shortly after that conversation I dusted off my gear and was back out playing again. The best part was that I hooked the bottle up to my Spyder and it had no problems.

I've played against my brother-in-law and his buddies and had no trouble keeping up with them or hitting people with paint. I might upgrade the internals and barrel one day or I might just leave it stock. I do have a freebie that my brother-in-law just gave me a Sypder Shutter Java Black, so I might just tinker with it instead. I also picked up a Splatmatic XJ-40 as a sidearm. The price was too good to pass up and I'm planning on boring out the chamber so it can shoot .68 paintballs instead of the .40. It's a side project and I can do all of the work since I have a shop full of machinist equipment at my disposal.

I'm hoping to get in on some games this summer, my friends and I have a couple of private places we can go that are local to us. We played some games yesterday but it was just too hot and humid for us to go all day long. If there are members on here from the Topeka area or KC area just let me know and maybe we can get together for some games.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but I didn't see an introductions or similar sub-forum.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 02:02 PM #2
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
New to the forum, but not new to paintball...I mostly play woodsball and scenario games but I have played speedball before. My current marker setup is the same one that I bought back in '01, a Spyder original. I know that there are more advanced markers out there, but I really like this one over all that I have tried before. After I bought it I played for a few years with my friends and then after we moved away from each other, I stopped playing. So I packed up my gun and equipment and forgot about it. Fast forward to last fall, one of my brother-in-law's asked if I had ever gone paintballing. Well I'm sure you can figure out that shortly after that conversation I dusted off my gear and was back out playing again. The best part was that I hooked the bottle up to my Spyder and it had no problems.

I've played against my brother-in-law and his buddies and had no trouble keeping up with them or hitting people with paint. I might upgrade the internals and barrel one day or I might just leave it stock. I do have a freebie that my brother-in-law just gave me a Sypder Shutter Java Black, so I might just tinker with it instead. I also picked up a Splatmatic XJ-40 as a sidearm. The price was too good to pass up and I'm planning on boring out the chamber so it can shoot .68 paintballs instead of the .40. It's a side project and I can do all of the work since I have a shop full of machinist equipment at my disposal.

I'm hoping to get in on some games this summer, my friends and I have a couple of private places we can go that are local to us. We played some games yesterday but it was just too hot and humid for us to go all day long. If there are members on here from the Topeka area or KC area just let me know and maybe we can get together for some games.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but I didn't see an introductions or similar sub-forum.
those splatmatics are best exchanged for a different pb pistol.

they have little volume in their chambers

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:48 PM #3
Phoenix01

Thanks for the info, but I'm not planning on using it for .40 paintballs. I'm going to bore it out to accept .68 paintballs and upgrade the internals accordingly. I'm not expecting it to shoot as far as my regular marker, just use for a backup, up close, and scenarios.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote