PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-05-2010, 12:54 PM #1
willpgn1020

willpgn1020 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
willpgn1020 is for the Gunfight
Creed Questions and Comments

I just got my hands on a Creed a few weeks ago and I love it! This is the best marker I've used in 20 years. Bottom line, it is awesome...not perfect, but very, very close.

Questions: I have a V2 creed and I've seen some mention about a low pressure poppit replacment. Do all V2s have one? If not how do I tell what I have?

Comments: First, the few cons - 1) barrel...would like to see a stock one smaller than .87 2) buttons are a bit hard to press 3) stock grip, ok, but not the greatest feel in my opinion - like I said, not perfect, but nothing ever is. These are also very, very minor cons.

Second, my first test - I set up marker at home a few weeks ago with ease. I have a nice crono and right off I was getting +/- 2 FPS consistently. Very nice! BTW, the tech videos are very good. Everything was good on the inital setup and I got ready to put it to the test with a 2 day scenario event a few days later. I ran the Creed in a few different modes (semi, ramping) and had no issues with any of them. I ran it in a few different set-ups also. Even ran it off a remote...Saturady setup was a vest, remote, 90 CU Ninja, Pinokio and a bunch of paint. We were defending and it worked wonderfully. Extrememly lite with no tank! Balance was nice with the 400 round Pinokio also. Sat night and Sunday I mostly ran it with a 50 CU Ninja stubby on the marker and VLocity Jr. It was well balanced and worked great again! I shot 6000+ balls with no breaks (ZERO)! WOW! The Creed stood up well in the woods and in the hot, humid North Carolina weather. Great air efficiency also! This thing shot ropes! Took out a bunch of players with ease. I did buy a .87 unitech barrel and used it. The paint really called for a .84 or .85 that day, but it still worked well and I got great accuracy and distance. I gave my deadly wind and freak inserts to a friend to use in his mini. Might get even better with a better paint/barrel match...anything better would be unbelievable. The battery also stood up well. It started at 86% charge (did not recharge from setup at home) and stayed on for 7 hours straight on Sat and then another 3 hours Sat night. Did not recharge and had it on for 5 hours straight on Sunday. Shot 3+ cases and still had plenty of charge left. The OLED is nice, except for having to push hard on the buttons. I have a cocker SR with a nice OLED setup, but I like the Creed's better b/c I don't have to take the grip off. Got a lot of good comments and questions over the weekend from other players. Many were very impressed and very few had heard of a Creed. None had seen one, much less shot one. I spread the Creed word in central N Carolina. After an extreme first test, I was blown away and very happy! I can't wait to get it on the xball and pipes courses. I was hesitant at first, but after researching and taking a leap, it was the right choice! Extremely happy Vanguard Creed owner! Customer sevrvice was also top notch!

BTW, I bought replacment grips on ebay...no, not the Megan Fox ones, but they are made by the same guy. In my opinion, they are fair. If you don't like the rubber feel or are worried about ripping or a shot on the OLED, these are ok. The bottom hole on mine was very slightly off, but was fixed with little effort. They are clear polycarbonate and are made with the window so you can see the OLED (not shown in the ebay pic). They just cutout the graphics on the back of the grip. They are fairly well made. Overall, a fair replacment if you can't deal with the stock grip. I haven't had a chance to put them to the test like the situation above. They will do until we get some other choices. I think a black-out kit is coming with different grips...
willpgn1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2010, 05:40 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
There is a low pressure poppet and there is a metal low pressure poppet. The guns come with the normal plastic one unless it's very new then it might have the metal one. You can purchase the metal one easy enough though. Just contact shootnpoo on here.

As for the buttons being hard to push, you can take your board out and put a drop of epoxy on the end of the hard to push buttons, then let it dry before putting the board back in. That will give it a tad more length and fix the problem most likely. It's usually the top one that's tough because of the shape of the grip.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 PM #3
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
WOW! Sounds Like you had something to say here about our Product.

I am really Glad to hear you are as excited as we are about the movement of the Creed and its Great features.

If you ever need anything please contact us as we will help you out to the best of our ability!

Thank you
Eric Roysdon
Vanguard
Aggressive sports.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote