PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM #1
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Re Classing

So my recruiter tells me that I can reclass inbetween meps and Bootcamp for the Navy?? I want to go CTN but I can auto qual for Nuke no doubt, he says take the Nuke seat because when I reclass Ill have a seat the Navy wants really bad (nuke) and they'll do whatever they can to get me the CTN seat, Is this true?? thanks everyone
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 PM #2
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySmith2010 View Post
So my recruiter tells me that I can reclass inbetween meps and Bootcamp for the Navy?? I want to go CTN but I can auto qual for Nuke no doubt, he says take the Nuke seat because when I reclass Ill have a seat the Navy wants really bad (nuke) and they'll do whatever they can to get me the CTN seat, Is this true?? thanks everyone
ROFLMAO!!! the term Nukes need not apply just rings in my ear when I hear that. I don't know if its possible but that sounds like a recuiter trick. my 2 cents, and I will be nice for your thread this time.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 PM #3
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Can you elaborate on the term?? IM a bit confused atm
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM #4
ICE189
Border Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
ICE189 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ICE189 supports Team VICIOUS
ICE189 supports our troops
ICE189 plays in the APPA D4 division
ICE189 supports DLX Technology
That definitely sounds like a recruiter trick. Tell him you want it in your contract and if you haven't signed already read the WHOLE CONTRACT B4 SIGNING!!!!!!
Border Patrol #17 CFOA 2011 D5 TOC Champs CFOA 2012 D4 Series Champs
ICE189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:44 AM #5
babsa_90

Whenever the recruiters or MEPS make claims about re classing don't believe them unless they have it in documented and signed. When you join the military you will find a lot of people who got boned by their recruiters/MEPS. One guy in my division signed a contract to be a CS, because they told him he would be able to re class in boot camp, which is a total lie.

tl;dr don't believe them unless they have it documented and signed, and you have a copy of that document

EDIT: Also, when it comes to going in as a nuke, if you fail out of the program you are not guaranteed a choice into what rate you want to re class into, not saying that i have not met many nuke drop outs who re classed as an ET/FC.

Last edited by babsa_90 : 06-05-2010 at 12:47 AM.
babsa_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 PM #6
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySmith2010 View Post
Can you elaborate on the term?? IM a bit confused atm
When anything that sounds like a good deal or sounds like it would get you out of being a nuke, "Nukes need no apply" is ALWAYS in small print at the bottom. Want to be a Seal, nukes need not apply. Need guys for rate conversation nukes need not apply. Want out of the navy because of 3 PRT failures nukes need not apply unless you are on shore duty and not going back to sea then after 4 or 6 in 3 years then maybe. Also, blue to green program where you can go to the army, nukes need not apply. So, if you sign paper saying nuke congrats your a nuke till you either fail out of school or you don't re-enlist. If you fail out bc you was not trying you will get a crap job the instructors will make sure of that, if you fail out bc you was trying hard but just couldn't get it they will help you out.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:04 PM #7
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Alright Im going to tell him I want CTN im 100% sure of it and I dont want anything else then.. Unless can I get it in my contract saying between Meps and Boot that I can re class if I want to?
Old 06-05-2010, 03:32 PM #8
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

PS: The SF 86 sucks donkey lol
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM #9
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

has been a member for 10 years
Viper37 helped look for balloons
When I went through, my recruiter was dope as ****. As soon as I told him I wanted submarines and he didn't need to convince me to join the Navy, he was right on the ball. He was pretty honest with me the whole way. Sounds like yours is quite the opposite.
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM #10
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

no hes been pretty straightforward with me up until now. It didnt sound right so I figured id check any ways Im going to tell him Im signing as a CTN and nothing else though because IM sure thats what I want to do. it sounds a lot more interesting and fun than Nuke
Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 PM #11
mavLP
:)

He's saying you can switch your contract before you leave for boot camp. I did it for the usmc, it works for all DEP programs. Basically you get discharged from your old DEP contract when you switch. I did this to reclass from intel to data and change from reserve to AD, and it only restarted my contract when I signed the new one. But once you get on that plane for boot camp, your contract is sealed.
mavLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:40 PM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
The only contract that matters is the one you sign before leaving for bootcamp.

Do it right the first time, get what you want. You've got all the power right now, use it. You're never going to have that much power again.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 PM #13
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
The only contract that matters is the one you sign before leaving for bootcamp.

Do it right the first time, get what you want. You've got all the power right now, use it. You're never going to have that much power again.
When I get down to MEPS after my ASVAB Im going CTN because that Is what I want. Thanks for the help guys. Just found out I got my weight down to 205 in 2 months from 220, and from 28% bf to 22.7%
Wish me luck at MEPS haha