PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM #1
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
HPA Questions

Im new to pb and ive been trying to find a new hpa tank. So far I found 2 that i like. first is a 72/3k pure energy for $60, the other is a Guerilla 62/3k for $35. so 1. which is a better deal, 2. how many shots would they get, 3. What does it mean to hydro
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Shots depends on the marker honestly. You would probably squeeze off around 600-900 shots depending on the marker with those tanks.
A 68/4500 roughly equals the shot count of a 20 oz co2 tank, though the prices of the 4500's are much higher. But it's a good reference point at the least.
A hydro is hydrostatic testing. Tanks have to be tested every 3 years or every 5 years by DOT federal law. You would have to check your DOT number with the stickys to see if your tank is 3 or 5 year. It's for your safety and the safety of others around you to ensure that your tank is structurally safe, that is what it tests.
As far as the better deal, that's up to you. I would personally save up for a 4500 tank and get a nice tank cover for it. You'll get more shots, it'll be lighter, and more then likely you'll be a lot more happy with it then spending $35-$60 now and then think a few months later about buying a 4500 instead of a 3000. Yes, it's more money at first but much better then dropping some of your money now and then having to save up that much longer.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 PM #3
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Shots depends on the marker honestly. You would probably squeeze off around 600-900 shots depending on the marker with those tanks.
A 68/4500 roughly equals the shot count of a 20 oz co2 tank, though the prices of the 4500's are much higher. But it's a good reference point at the least.
A hydro is hydrostatic testing. Tanks have to be tested every 3 years or every 5 years by DOT federal law. You would have to check your DOT number with the stickys to see if your tank is 3 or 5 year. It's for your safety and the safety of others around you to ensure that your tank is structurally safe, that is what it tests.
As far as the better deal, that's up to you. I would personally save up for a 4500 tank and get a nice tank cover for it. You'll get more shots, it'll be lighter, and more then likely you'll be a lot more happy with it then spending $35-$60 now and then think a few months later about buying a 4500 instead of a 3000. Yes, it's more money at first but much better then dropping some of your money now and then having to save up that much longer.
thanks alot this really helps. I just bought a dp f7 btw but damn, those 4500 psi tanks are expensive. if i bought 1 from the bst threads, would it most likely be empty?
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:11 AM #4
NadeMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILKx View Post
thanks alot this really helps. I just bought a dp f7 btw but damn, those 4500 psi tanks are expensive. if i bought 1 from the bst threads, would it most likely be empty?
Lol it better if it's shipping from far enough away that it ends up on a plane. B/S/T is your best bet. Your not going to be happy with a steely. In fact that pmi 72/3000 was my first hpa tank and I regret buying it. It felt heavier then my spyder with barrel and full halo on top. It felt like my marker always wanted to tumble backwards out of my hands. I ended up getting a crossfire and now if I try to sell the 72 I'll get maybe the cost to ship it making it pointless and a total waste of money.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You can check BST or you can check your local shop as well for used tanks. Several of the shops I go to have used/traded in tanks for sale and they usually offer a warranty period on them too. BST is usually you get what you get unless you have a really outstanding seller/dealer that is willing to work with you.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote