Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-02-2014, 10:52 AM #1
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
2014 Michigan Monster Game Changes.

Just checked out the Hell Survivors website for the Michigan Monster Game event in July.

Pre-Registration Paint Prices went up, Campsite prices went down, and they are apparently eliminating the lunch break and doing 7 hours of continuous play, with the game ending at 5 both days...What are your guy's thoughts on all of that?

I think it's going to make for less players on the field at any given time. The lunch break let you rest, get something to eat, resupply, and check out the vendor tents. We will have to see how the vendors do this year.

Last edited by steve_81 : 03-02-2014 at 11:01 AM.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:36 PM #2
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Not a fan of ending @ 5. The lunch break was great for fixing whatever **** you broke during the first half of the day.

Also **** camping prices. I'd rather cheaper pre-register paint. Ill pitch my tent at home.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM #3
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Yea I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to get rid of the lunch break. I'll be spending a **** ton of money So I want to get as much play time as possible. Now I don't know if ill feel like I'd be getting my money's worth.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM #4
old baller

old baller supports Empire
We always camp at Hells creak ranch, so I don't care about that. But paint cost is becoming a concern! I am planing on bringing my two son's to play this year. A 500 weekend just went up!!!!
old baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:45 PM #5
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is playing at Living Legends VII
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Bleh.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 PM #6
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
Ahhh.... So long ago the good old days when the MMG was BYOP!
Loved those days with a real head count of 2k+ players on each side!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238

Last edited by Dooku : 03-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 AM #7
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
Bleh.
msonic are you going this year?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:50 PM #8
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is playing at Living Legends VII
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Dunno. We'll see how many of my guys go. If anything, I'll be there to hang out with them and take photos.

Based on the last 2 years, don't care much for playing it anymore.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 PM #9
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooku View Post
Ahhh.... So long ago the good old days when the MMG was BYOP!
Loved those days with a real head count of 2k+ players on each side!
Yea there were for sure some good times. We used to go with 10 to 15 of us. now it's down to 3-5 going every year. I have a ton of good memories on the field as well as memories of all of the hijinks we used to do at the Hotels.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 PM #10
TheFarmer
sup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
Not a fan of ending @ 5. The lunch break was great for fixing whatever **** you broke during the first half of the day.

Also **** camping prices. I'd rather cheaper pre-register paint. Ill pitch my tent at home.
I pitch a tent pretty much anywhere i stay. Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:41 AM #11
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

I contacted HSI and apparently they started this format at the last Tippmann Vs. The World event. They said that they received a ton of complaints about it before the game but, they said once people played the new format they loved it....so we will have to see I suppose. I just think it's ridiculous that I'll be wasting playing time if I need to repair a marker or when I decide to eat. Not getting my moneys worth of playing time.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:37 PM #12
contact paintball

I really enjoyed the lunch break it gave people a chance to sit down when the weather is always 85+ degrees. I guarantee there are going to be many people who try to play the whole event with minimal breaks now and have to get carried off the field. At every event I have ever played there(which is all in the last 5 years) someone gets carried off for not drinking enough water. This will just compound the issue! I haven't had a chance to look at paint prices but I know the camping was really expensive in previous years when you did not get power, running water, or a real toilet.
contact paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 AM #13
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact paintball View Post
I really enjoyed the lunch break it gave people a chance to sit down when the weather is always 85+ degrees. I guarantee there are going to be many people who try to play the whole event with minimal breaks now and have to get carried off the field. At every event I have ever played there(which is all in the last 5 years) someone gets carried off for not drinking enough water. This will just compound the issue! I haven't had a chance to look at paint prices but I know the camping was really expensive in previous years when you did not get power, running water, or a real toilet.
Yea, Campsites are now $60 and $40 for an RV spot. Pre Registration Paint prices are now $60. If you buy Paint the day of the event it's $65.

It sort of pisses me off with the dwindling numbers at this event that they continue to change things. Having attended every event since 2002. Regardless though I'm going to try and have a good time.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:55 PM #14
contact paintball

I actually recall this from twc. It seemed like there was a limited number of people on the field at any given time. Especially when the lunch break was schedule and as the afternoon dragged on. I also did not purchase a VIP this year for many reasons. I no longer see the value in it, I will be traveling, games were getting small or not as much fun.

Last edited by msonic : 03-17-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Removed bst content
Old 03-22-2014, 07:57 AM #15
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Quote:
I actually recall this from twc. It seemed like there was a limited number of people on the field at any given time. Especially when the lunch break was schedule and as the afternoon dragged on. I also did not purchase a VIP this year for many reasons. I no longer see the value in it, I will be traveling, games were getting small or not as much fun.
We shall see. This might be the only time I play Paintball this year. I've done mostly tournaments/speedball since 2010. The middle of last year apparently due to a few bad ref calls my team pretty much imploded. I think it had been building up over time. With one player refusing to play tournaments anymore. We tried getting new players on the team but every single one of them has either screwed us over or jumped ship again.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 PM #16
contact paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
We shall see. This might be the only time I play Paintball this year. I've done mostly tournaments/speedball since 2010. The middle of last year apparently due to a few bad ref calls my team pretty much imploded. I think it had been building up over time. With one player refusing to play tournaments anymore. We tried getting new players on the team but every single one of them has either screwed us over or jumped ship again.
Steve it is really hard to find people who are reliable and are mature. I will be putting together a uwl team for the last few events hopefully and I can only hope to get a group who is respectful and reliable.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 AM #17
thegrayghost

Quote:
I hope that "Dave" can get that "water mister" back up if there is going to be continuous play...I will miss the break it was a chance to relax, bull...., and meet new friends...I will still take that break, for I will be 71 in sept...you youngsters can play 7 hours straight...

thegrayghost
thegrayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:28 AM #18
Epcot

Epcot has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Epcot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Epcot supports Empire
Been playing big games there since 2004 and played TWC this past year and have to say I HATED the new setup. I really liked having the break to relax, grab some food and check out the vendors without feeling like I was doing my team harm. Im someone who likes to try and be out there as often as I can and the new setup makes that impossible to do.
Epcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 PM #19
EgoTrip19
MY BALLZ YOUR CHIN!!!

Annual Supporting Member
EgoTrip19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
EgoTrip19 supports DLX Technology
EgoTrip19 supports Empire
no lunch! break man the last three years i actually really needed that time to fix gun issues plus rest up for minute and pick up some new goodies. some of the best battles happen right before lunch time too. when are they going to do the raffle drawings now and get us caught up on points. been playing this game since the late 90's and not to sure if i'm going to like the change.

Get ready for a FLINT TOWN BEATDOWN
EgoTrip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM #20
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoTrip19 View Post
no lunch! break man the last three years i actually really needed that time to fix gun issues plus rest up for minute and pick up some new goodies. some of the best battles happen right before lunch time too. when are they going to do the raffle drawings now and get us caught up on points. been playing this game since the late 90's and not to sure if i'm going to like the change.
They are going to do the raffles when the game is over at the end of the day. (after 5pm) They said that tons of other big games run this continuous play format. So it's apparently not a huge change.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:23 PM #21
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

Let's try to get as many people as possible to attend this years monster game. Invite friends and new players. Let's make it a memoriable year guys!