Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2010, 12:54 AM #1
UNK (Banned)

Reggie Bush

I know you guys here love reggie, and I realize since this is a paintball forum you fellas arent to knowledgable about certain aspects of football heres a little read on Reggie i ran across

"Is Reggie Bush worth 8 Million Dollars a year ? Logic tells me , ask Sean Payton he says "Yes" in a heart beat.

Reggie Bush has played in 35 games as a New Orleans Saint. He averages 4.0 yards per game rushing with 17 TD's. He averages 7.4 yards per reception and has 260 catches in his career. That translates to almost 8 catches per game. Throw in another 4 TD's returning punts.

BUT whats even more impressive about Bush is this. He is a MONEY player. In the Saints Post Season Playoff run and Super Bowl win Bush was gold.In the playoff's he average 6.9 yards per game rushing and 9.5 yards per reception.

Bush averages 6.4 yards per rush when playing on artificial surfaces. Since more than half of your games will be on synthetic, thats a boost.

But here is the real STATS that you don't see. The Saints amassed 6500 yards of offense in the regular season last year. The average yards per play on offense was 6.1 yards per play. The Saints averaged 14.6 yards per play when Bush was ON the field as compared to 4.9 yards per play when he was on the sideline. What that tells you is Bush is as effective as a logistical nightmare to defenses by JUST being there. Second, and I found this absolutley amazing, when Bush was lined up in the slot, the Wide Out or TE on that side of the field had a 86 percent completion rate. That means that when he runs a clear out, he commands coverage, opening up other receivers.

When Bush lines up as a RB, the Saints average yards per reception is 8.8. When Bush lines up as a WR or slot receiver, that number jumps to 19.7. Stats do not lie. The Saints are a significantly better offense when he is on the field with or without the ball.

Lastly, I think you saw late last year, Reggie finally understand what it takes to run the ball efffectively. Late last season saw Reggie running over and into defenders rather then avoid them. When he saw impact coming, he accelerated and lowered his shoulder. If Bush stays healthy this year, I think you could finally see his break out year. Whether or not you think he is worth 8 million is subjective. Whether the Saints are MUCH better on offense when he is on the field is NOT.

Sean Payton's use of Reggie Bush in hs offense, gives DC's nightmares. You have to prepare for Reggie, whether you like it or not. He is the type of athlete that can score anytime he touches the ball. I have heard alot of people say that since Reggie Bush left USC he has been a disappointment, not lived up to expectations. Adrian Peterson is considerd by alot of experts the best RB in the league. WELL, Bush has something Peterson does not. A Superbowl ring. "

So once again HATERS GONNA HATE
UNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2010, 01:20 AM #2
thetab5492
#TYBG

thetab5492 plays in the PSP
thetab5492 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thetab5492 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thetab5492 supports DLX Technology
To that comment on Bush having a super bowl ring over AP:
That means absolutely nothing. Even with the stats of Bush creating a better Saints offense, you have to remember, he's not the starter for a reason. I'm not saying that he's a bad, because he's not. The team obviously doesn't see him as a true running back. Even while he was at USC, he was popularized because of his speed. This just goes to show that speed alone can't make you a great player. His first year in the NFL, every one that he was a bust. The year before and last year, he actually became the type of player that the Saints expected of him. Even with the improvement and the ring, he cannot and will not be categorized at the same caliber as Adrian Peterson.

and no, I'm not a Minnesota Vikings fan.
thetab5492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 AM #3
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You have forgotten the other hidden STATS that we must consider in a couple months, which are Reggie Bush's speed, catching, trucking, and elusiveness in Madden '11. Only then will we truly know the current value of Reggie Bush to the Saints. Of course if we want to be truly fair we should simulate 100 seasons in order to get an average of those stats. I'm down for a couple, but we'll all have to team up to organize this. Maybe we could get 20 people each to do 5 years of a franchise and see what happens there. Or maybe even just 5 individual seasons, as the ratings change every year and we can only be sure for the current year
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:49 AM #4
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

You guys got trolled so easily right there.

Keep feeding him!

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 AM #5
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
to add to the OP, his speed in madden is like 96, which means he can easily outrun almost ever defensive player in the game. Get him in open space and he'll shred the defense for at least a first down everytime. Line him up in the slot and watch him beast every linebacker/nickelback in the league.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:50 AM #6
UNK (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetab5492 View Post
To that comment on Bush having a super bowl ring over AP:
That means absolutely nothing. Even with the stats of Bush creating a better Saints offense, you have to remember, he's not the starter for a reason. I'm not saying that he's a bad, because he's not. The team obviously doesn't see him as a true running back. Even while he was at USC, he was popularized because of his speed. This just goes to show that speed alone can't make you a great player. His first year in the NFL, every one that he was a bust. The year before and last year, he actually became the type of player that the Saints expected of him. Even with the improvement and the ring, he cannot and will not be categorized at the same caliber as Adrian Peterson.

and no, I'm not a Minnesota Vikings fan.
I agree, im not someone who puts to much stock into a player haveing a ring, the ring is the ultimate TEAM accomplisment. I didnt write that as I said the rest of the read is spot on.

Notice how ive owned everyone else so bad that all they can do is make madden jokes. Its cool as you guys say on here " you mad cause im styln on you"
Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 AM #7
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
But he works SO. HARD.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:47 AM #8
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNK View Post
He averages 4.0 yards per game rushing

In the playoff's he average 6.9 yards per game rushing
Jesus ****, he only gets 4 yards a game? I'm pretty sure I can do that.

However, 6.9 yards a game is ****ing amazing. You won't see many running backs get over 5 a game.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 AM #9
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
obvious troll is obvious
Old 05-29-2010, 12:08 PM #10
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

UNK don't worry about the haters, brah. This is a paintball forum, you know?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:14 PM #11
UNK (Banned)

I love these madden jokes, its funny but Id rather listen to a madden player evaluation than some of yours, I meen seriously where do you get your information from sports center? Most of you have proably only watched 2-3 saints games in your life so who the **** are yall to evaluate anything? You act as if madden is this world of warcraft fantasy land and the game is played in azeroth with trolls and goblins.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:29 PM #12
UNK (Banned)

oh and i just won the game
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 PM #13
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
No you didnt, we called you on your **** a long time ago.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 PM #14
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Dude, just please let this topic die. No one gives a **** about Reggie Bush's value.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 PM #15
Hawke

Because he has no value.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM #16
UNK (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Because he has no value.

Hes one of Sean paytons favorite players and favorite weapons, I guess that sean payton guy doesnt know to much about offense, yet a bunch of kids on a paintball football sub forum know more i guess
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 AM #17
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You guys are just haters. Reggie Bush is the most dynamic player in the NFL. His combination of speed, power and hands make him every coach's wet dream.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:11 PM #18
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I'm pretty sure Sean Payton doesn't give a **** what Madden says about Reggie Bush, neither does anybody with a ****ing brain.

I'm gonna go buy a gun. I'll go play some COD and see which one I like best. That'll be a realistic indicator, right?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM #19
UNK (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I'm pretty sure Sean Payton doesn't give a **** what Madden says about Reggie Bush, neither does anybody with a ****ing brain.

I'm gonna go buy a gun. I'll go play some COD and see which one I like best. That'll be a realistic indicator, right?
I didnt say his madden stats meen hes good, and yes i would put more stock into a games stats than on a ****ing PAINTBALL FORUM wow.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM #20
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Or logic, for that matter. If we're so retarded (especially compared to you) then leave and go to saintsreport, or wherever it is that all the experts hang out.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 PM #21
UNK (Banned)

Normally I wouldnt care, but not gonna sit here and see the so called football experts like "ninja mouse" who I exposed as being a fraud and a tool bag sit here and dog on my team, **** that ****, I can sit here and honoestly say the new orleans saints fan base is not the best fan base, so many ****ty fans so many bandwagoners, so many fair weathers.

So when I see a clown like that jump on and try to start calling out players and WISHING FOR REGGIE BUSH TO GET HURT, im gonna speak my mind and any insignificant minded **** head that gets in my way is gonna get educated real fast. I live for this ****, i keep it real most of you tools dont even keep it realistic.

I played football my entire life and no way Ima let some asian kid who swims run head on here, ive called him out numerous times to meet up. Hes a coward. Ive repped saints my entire life and if you know the Louisiana area and are a TRUE saints fan you know the north shore is a ****ing JOKE, anytime i wore my jersey or gear that way id get ****, well guess what my team EARNED them mother ****ing rings and ima let every ****ing hater know it

BELIEVE DAT!!