Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 AM #1
InquisitorHayt

InquisitorHayt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bunch of used gear from a co-worker, worth the cost?

Hi All,

A co-worker of mine has some gear he is looking to get rid of. He plays a few times a year it seems with his friends so he got a Tippmann A5 used from someone else. Due to the issues and time he has spent with the gun he has been recently renting when he plays instead of trying to get his marker working. I don't have the specifics of his exact setup but from talking to him this is what it sounds like he has for sale:

1. Tippmann A5
2. E-grip (don't know what issues he had with this)
3. Response trigger (said he tweaked it a lot but the best he could get was a 3-round burst)
4. 3 barrels of different bore sizes (1 may be the original with the gun?)
5. 4500psi tank, Guerrilla brand. (Don't know the size, he says there is a copper/bronze ring that is broken on it that renders the tank unusable?)

He is selling all of the above for $150. From talking with him I think this would be a project gun for me as it sounds like it isn't in a working state at this time and I would need to put time into it to repair and and maybe buy replacement parts. I'm very interested in getting a 4500psi tank as I only have a 20oz CO2 right now.

Questions:
1. Are any of the A5 parts compatible with my Project Salvo? (Could I move the cyclone feed over, use the e-grip board, response trigger?)

2. What could be wrong with the tank and are tanks repairable or usually too expensive? I also don't know the hydro date so it could be double bad.

3. What is the repair-ability of the A5 and those other components? Would I have to dump a lot of money into the gun to get it even working or with some cheap parts and some labor could I get it going?

4. Is my Project Salvo the same threading as the A5? Even if it was I'm guessing the barrels are too short to fit inside my PS shroud.

5. Is this even worth my money? I wouldn't mind having a second woodsball gun that could do a 3-rnd burst or full auto.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
InquisitorHayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM #2
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well for one thing im not quite sure how a response trigger works with an E-trigger seeing as both parts take up the same spot inside the frame. So somethings fishy there.

As for the tank a "broken bronze ring" is quite concerning. You have to be really cautious with tanks.

Sounds like the guy really doesn't know what hes doing with his stuff. You're better off buying from BST here where people know whats going on
Lover of All Things Paintball

Buy my airsoft gear
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM #3
InquisitorHayt

Yeah I suppose to clarify he owns both the response trigger and e-grip and has tried them both out at different times. I don't know which is currently installed on the A5 but I could swap it out myself depending on which one I wanted to try and use. He understands enough to install the stuff himself so that is something.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:33 AM #4
Ahura_Mazda

Ninja edit
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM #5
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Now you're talking.

The tank thing still bugs me, chances are the part thats broken is part of the regulator and you don't fix those, you buy new ones. so $50 for a regulator + $25 for a rehydro. Thats still better than buying a brand new tank. Best scenario is that a burst disk is broken which means a $5 part and youre good.

A5's are very simple so they're decently easy to fix and with exception of the E-trigger and response trigger components everything in them is cheap.

I hesitate to encourage any deal without seeing it myself but that sounds rather affordable
Lover of All Things Paintball

Buy my airsoft gear
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:02 PM #6
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
So the gun does not work, the e-grip does not work, and the tank does not work?

$150 is too much. $100 would be as high as I would go. That would be the value of the RT and tank bottle if you were unable to get anything else working.
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 PM #7
InquisitorHayt

So I don't think its a matter of things just being totally broke but more like he couldn't get stuff working the way he likes. I need to get more info about the E-grip to know if he just didn't like it or if its totally broken. For the RT it may have been a matter of him not getting it adjusted properly to work vs. being totally busted as he did say the best he could get was a burst fire out of it. I'll try and draft up a list of questions for him to try and clarify some stuff.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:02 PM #8
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Just don't get it.
THere are way more ways to take advantage of $150 either way in paintball.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote