Bunch of used gear from a co-worker, worth the cost?
A co-worker of mine has some gear he is looking to get rid of. He plays a few times a year it seems with his friends so he got a Tippmann A5 used from someone else. Due to the issues and time he has spent with the gun he has been recently renting when he plays instead of trying to get his marker working. I don't have the specifics of his exact setup but from talking to him this is what it sounds like he has for sale:
1. Tippmann A5
2. E-grip (don't know what issues he had with this)
3. Response trigger (said he tweaked it a lot but the best he could get was a 3-round burst)
4. 3 barrels of different bore sizes (1 may be the original with the gun?)
5. 4500psi tank, Guerrilla brand. (Don't know the size, he says there is a copper/bronze ring that is broken on it that renders the tank unusable?)
He is selling all of the above for $150. From talking with him I think this would be a project gun for me as it sounds like it isn't in a working state at this time and I would need to put time into it to repair and and maybe buy replacement parts. I'm very interested in getting a 4500psi tank as I only have a 20oz CO2 right now.
1. Are any of the A5 parts compatible with my Project Salvo? (Could I move the cyclone feed over, use the e-grip board, response trigger?)
2. What could be wrong with the tank and are tanks repairable or usually too expensive? I also don't know the hydro date so it could be double bad.
3. What is the repair-ability of the A5 and those other components? Would I have to dump a lot of money into the gun to get it even working or with some cheap parts and some labor could I get it going?
4. Is my Project Salvo the same threading as the A5? Even if it was I'm guessing the barrels are too short to fit inside my PS shroud.
5. Is this even worth my money? I wouldn't mind having a second woodsball gun that could do a 3-rnd burst or full auto.
Thanks for any info you can provide!