Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM #22
usafpilot07
East Coast
 
usafpilot07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC *919*
usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFASHION View Post
So how is it again that we are bad for paintball and that we are so horrible? We did nothing wrong. We may act crazy and cause a scene, but is it so bad to actually have fun and enjoy yourself at a paintball event....an "extreme" sporting event. What are we supposed to be, all droids that have no emotion, only fork over money to the big companies
I agreed with everything you said, and thought it was extremely well thought out and well-put until this.

I don't think you can tout being anti-establishment once your logo automatically makes kids pay double market value for something.
__________________
MVPaintballer- "Only problem I have with it is I can't tell when people are emo or gay - so I don't know what to call them during my hate rallies."

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM #23
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew
 
dirtykidsbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
dirtykidsbrad plays in the PSP
dirtykidsbrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sounds like you don't understand what market value means. Apparently the appearance of that symbol carries a high market value among the target market. Supply and demand in effect at that point. You can't ask the company to control prices of their product once it is out of their hands, especially in an open market such as the nation.
__________________
Colorado Ascent - Dynamic Paintball
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area

Rival Limited, LLC.
dirtykidsbrad is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM #24
usafpilot07
East Coast
 
usafpilot07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC *919*
usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykidsbrad View Post
Sounds like you don't understand what market value means. Apparently the appearance of that symbol carries a high market value among the target market. Supply and demand in effect at that point. You can't ask the company to control prices of their product once it is out of their hands, especially in an open market such as the nation.
Or perhaps you don't understand what I was saying?

The HK name generates a good amount of money. Enough so that PBFashion came about, and continues to survive the murky economic climate. The HK symbol is more than just a random logo of some socal kids trying to enjoy paintball. It's a logo and a brand now, as is evident in the capitalization on the market demand for HK products.


Market value is what happened, you're right. So I'm not sure what your argument with me was. He said that they weren't there to give money to big companies, but they're a big brand themselves these days, so it's a little ironic.
__________________
MVPaintballer- "Only problem I have with it is I can't tell when people are emo or gay - so I don't know what to call them during my hate rallies."

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM #25
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew
 
dirtykidsbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
dirtykidsbrad plays in the PSP
dirtykidsbrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Fair enough. I think 'big money' is pointing at more corporate entities, not a few twenty-somethings having fun and making money along the way.
__________________
Colorado Ascent - Dynamic Paintball
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area

Rival Limited, LLC.
dirtykidsbrad is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM #26
amorales626
city of dreams
 
amorales626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of dreams
amorales626 plays in the PSP
amorales626 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
amorales626 supports Team VICIOUS
ya f*** the nppl or uspl what ever you guys are called all you do is take money from the people you help keep you in business. Also i don't it right to be banneing people because you dont like them do it because they are doing something wrong!!!
so all i got to say is i hear a boycott!!!
boycott the nppl!!!!!
__________________
Chuck Allin Fan Club #1

NRS PAINTBALL

WCPPL for 2010 is going strickly X-Brawl for 2010 (PSP)

Lxe 553
amorales626 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 PM #27
usafpilot07
East Coast
 
usafpilot07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC *919*
usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by amorales626 View Post
ya f*** the nppl or uspl what ever you guys are called all you do is take money from the people you help keep you in business. Also i don't it right to be banneing people because you dont like them do it because they are doing something wrong!!!
so all i got to say is i hear a boycott!!!
boycott the nppl!!!!!

Well with a cunning and well thought out argument like that, how could the paintball community do anything but follow your lead.


__________________
MVPaintballer- "Only problem I have with it is I can't tell when people are emo or gay - so I don't know what to call them during my hate rallies."

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 PM #28
Rey Mysterio
BallsoHard
 
Rey Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Rey Mysterio plays in the PSP
Rey Mysterio owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Rey Mysterio supports Pev's Paintball
Rey Mysterio plays in the APPA D4 division
Rey Mysterio has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by amorales626 View Post
ya f*** the nppl or uspl what ever you guys are called all you do is take money from the people you help keep you in business. Also i don't it right to be banneing people because you dont like them do it because they are doing something wrong!!!
so all i got to say is i hear a boycott!!!
boycott the nppl!!!!!

because you sound so intelligent by that post.


do i disagree with you? no.

I believe that banning someone/group is stupid. If NPPL/USPL allowed HK Army/pbfashion back they may bring in groups of people that they haven't had in a very long time. Any little thing to get paintball bigger is a good thing.
__________________
Rey Mysterio is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 PM #29
Brian 500
 
 
Brian 500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 29 Palms
Brian 500 plays in the USPL
Brian 500 plays in the PSP
Brian 500 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by amorales626 View Post
ya f*** the nppl or uspl what ever you guys are called all you do is take money from the people you help keep you in business. Also i don't it right to be banneing people because you dont like them do it because they are doing something wrong!!!
so all i got to say is i hear a boycott!!!
boycott the nppl!!!!!
Haha Alex your my friend and all. But this has to be the dumbest thing you've ever posted. You have no idea what your talking about.
__________________
Entourage Gearbag Sale!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post64639065
Brian 500 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 PM #30
Big Greg
Special Delivery
 
Big Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Big Greg is a Supporting Member
Big Greg is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Its funny, most of these people don't know that I was captain for a little while. I still have my cloth hybrid long sleeve jersey. My roots run deep...

Either way, I find it absurd that a tournament would ban a team/vendor because someone was caught drinking at a tournament and instantly make HK/PBfashion the scapegoat. And not even at the booth to top it all off. Yet employees are allowed to drink on the beach, where is the hammer coming down on that? Which is why I continue to support them any way I can. But to take a vendors money and then kick them off for some allegations that were never even linked to that vendor is absurd. Its really a dark day in paintball when an event organizer pulls a stunt like this.
__________________
Big Greg
HK since 02
Big Greg is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM #31
BryanDragan
 
 
BryanDragan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Explicit OT
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFASHION View Post
Here is the run down on what happened.

We had to leave venue due to people drinking around our booth. NONE of which were employees or team members. We do know alot of people so everyone comes to our booth to hang out and catch up tell war stories, all that good stuff.

So I guess the cops were scoping us out and saw the people drinking near our booth, sitting on one of those little walls that border the boardwalk. They roll into our booth and search it for alcohol, find NOTHING, we were being on point and made sure not to mess around as we have already been warned about the no alcohol on the beach rule. Yet they still tell the NPPL to shut us down.

When we spoke to Chuck and other head members of the NPPL they informed us that we were being shut down due to alcohol and being guilty by assosiation (meaning we were guilty because people we know were drinking by the booth on the side). That to me sounds crazy. So your telling me if I have a beer and im posted up by another random vendor that they are going to get shut down??

And here is the kicker....when we had argued that it is not fair that we get shut down when there was never any alcohol of any sort found in our booth. The NPPL tells us that there were 3 other booths that they actually DID find alcohol and that they were all going to be shut down too. Well guess what. We roll up Sunday and all 3 of the vendors that they actually really did find alcohol in were up and running like nothing happened. The NPPL told us over and over that there was nothing they could do, that this was word from the city....well then how is it that miraculously nothing happens to the vendors that really did get caught?? .

So how is it again that we are bad for paintball and that we are so horrible? We did nothing wrong. We may act crazy and cause a scene, but is it so bad to actually have fun and enjoy yourself at a paintball event....an "extreme" sporting event. What are we supposed to be, all droids that have no emotion, only fork over money to the big companies

Were not trying to get any one in trouble or bring anyone down with us, or any of that. We just want fairness, and to not be targeted since we appear to be "punk kids". We are people trying to spread and grow the sport just like anyone else

I guess the choice of how you want to live your life is yours, but don't judge if you don't know.

HHH

RIDE OR COLLIDE
HK
That's ironic because this is the post above you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kressin View Post
This is good For the Image tho right???

http://dieselphotography.com/hk2/201...ng-on-the-job/
BryanDragan is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 AM #32
mylifefire
K5 Los Angeles
 
mylifefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lincoln Heights Ca.
mylifefire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mylifefire plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot07 View Post
Market value is what happened, you're right. So I'm not sure what your argument with me was. He said that they weren't there to give money to big companies, but they're a big brand themselves these days, so it's a little ironic.
If they were a "big brand" company you would be able to buy Hk and PB fashion at Sports Chalet and Wal Mart.

What you have is Mark, his motor home and a couple of websites. Like most people he's just trying to make a living doing something he likes.

Politics always influence events. Maybe the police felt like they needed to justify their presence. Maybe the NPPL felt like they needed to ban somebody for appearances. But it's always the little guy that gets screwed....

If given the choice between supporting the little guy or the corporate I'll choose the little guy

I was at H.P. and their wasn't any alcohol abuse that I saw. What pisses H.K. off is the hypocrisy of the situation and being singled out for being the bad apple when their wasn't a problem in the first place...
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/KA-FU...90?ref=tn_tnmn

Ka Funf WCPPL Event 4 2012 Mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZz0ZdwpUU

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutly free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." Albert Camus

Last edited by mylifefire : 06-03-2010 at 01:44 AM.
mylifefire is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 AM #33
oomay
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
oomay plays in the USPL
oomay plays in the PSP
oomay plays in the APPA D3 division
bring back hk you hypocrites
__________________
GS Pirates
T.L.M
www.razalife.net
LUXE#1619
oomay is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 AM #34
usafpilot07
East Coast
 
usafpilot07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC *919*
usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylifefire View Post
If they were a "big brand" company you would be able to buy Hk and PB fashion at Sports Chalet and Wal Mart.

Really? So I can walk into Wal Mart and buy a new Ego or a Guerrilla Air reg? He said they weren't there to give money to the big companies, and if you weren't just trying to blindly defend them, I'm pretty sure you could admit they weren't talking about Walmart.


What you have is Mark, his motor home and a couple of websites. Like most people he's just trying to make a living doing something he likes.

Which makes him the same as the majority of companies at any big paintball event.


Politics always influence events. Maybe the police felt like they needed to justify their presence. Maybe the NPPL felt like they needed to ban somebody for appearances. But it's always the little guy that gets screwed....

You're right, this is another obvious anti-SoCal vendetta in the paintball world. How you guys manage to stay in paintball amazes me.


If given the choice between supporting the little guy or the corporate I'll choose the little guy

So how big does a name have to be for it to no longer count as "little guy" vs being "corporate?"


I was at H.P. and their wasn't any alcohol abuse that I saw. What pisses H.K. off is the hypocrisy of the situation and being singled out for being the bad apple when their wasn't a problem in the first place...

I get the feeling you didn't actually read the whole thread, because we talked about what I meant in my second post. I wouldn't expect you to have cared that I was making a rational counterpoint, just be angry that I was looking at it from a different point of view.
__________________
MVPaintballer- "Only problem I have with it is I can't tell when people are emo or gay - so I don't know what to call them during my hate rallies."

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM #35
mylifefire
K5 Los Angeles
 
mylifefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lincoln Heights Ca.
mylifefire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mylifefire plays in the APPA D3 division
@ usafpilot07

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you.

You can buy Dye stuff at Sport Chalet and JT at Walmart though what they sell is pretty much limited to Tippmann. I'm sure both HK and Guerrilla Air would love to sell their stuff to big name stores nobodies against that.

What I'm getting at is that if somebody was caught drinking at the Planet Eclipse tent it all would have gone down differently. The chances of the NPPL banning P.E. is zero. What SHOULD have happened was whoever was caught drinking beer should have been ticketed.Banning the vendor because somebody showed up drinking beer in his tent is stupid and an over reaction.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/KA-FU...90?ref=tn_tnmn

Ka Funf WCPPL Event 4 2012 Mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZz0ZdwpUU

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutly free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." Albert Camus
mylifefire is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 AM #36
hkenny
HK General
 
hkenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
hkenny is a Professional paintball player
**** chuck, chucks broke
__________________
kreative.
http://www.kennyrosenberg.com
hkenny is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 PM #37
mud024
 
 
mud024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Hahahhahahahahahahahaha Nppl's Broke!!!!!!!!!! I Bet They Dont Even Make It To 2011
__________________
WHO WANTS IT PIGS!?!?!?!


SKULL CAMO DM7 W/VIRUTE OLED

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3355571
mud024 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:38 PM #38
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Greg View Post
Its funny, most of these people don't know that I was captain for a little while. I still have my cloth hybrid long sleeve jersey. My roots run deep...
cool story bro


NPPL never does anything right anyway.
__________________


Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 PM #39
vs.not allowed
 
vs.not allowed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marquette, Mich
vs.not allowed supports Cereal Killerz 2
vs.not allowed donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkenny View Post
**** chuck, chucks broke
__________________
NMU
RAD PHOTO
Ride CR Boards
vs.not allowed is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 PM #40
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!
 
IplayforRelentless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs.not allowed View Post
__________________
(Oh!) Oh Mother War! Sleep in your arms tonight, I'm burning. I'm burning for your love.
OG Photo MOB - What's a photo?
flickr - I like to pretend I'm a photographer
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 PM #41
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Hhhhhhhhhhh

WillyW0nka is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM #42
Quittman
818L8
 
Quittman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
 has been a member for 10 years
Quittman posts videos on PbNation
NPPL is broke as a joke anyways
__________________
818L8.COM
SOUNDCLOUD
University of Colorado, Boulder Class of 2010
Quittman is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump