Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 PM #85
Spartan58 (Banned)
Texas Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoNxRoCkEr View Post
But I'm tall, I could just say I couldn't see you.
Not with a jaw wired shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Yeah, but he's got reach, you'd have to get him down and then work your ground and pound game, brah.
....no.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 PM #86
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Oh, and with that expansion, State would hit 65k capacity. Supposedly, it's in the works with the dramatic increase in season ticket purchases and the upbeat mood around the program in Starkville.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM #87
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I gotta find something to do

My MW2 broke so I can't PS3
I'm hungry but have no food
My cable was cut off today cause were switching to Direct TV

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM #88
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
We rolled the **** out of that.
I've always wondered if there's like protocol for that ****. I seem to remember it being rolled for some political event awhile back. Oh, and if you guys don't let Q.Carr return punts for AU this year, y'all are fools.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 PM #89
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.

paintballerguy13 is a Supporting Member
paintballerguy13 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballerguy13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballerguy13 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Oh, and with that expansion, State would hit 65k capacity. Supposedly, it's in the works with the dramatic increase in season ticket purchases and the upbeat mood around the program in Starkville.
I really don't understand their expansion at all...
They have awful attendance and expanding it to 65k is ridiculous.

Someone post that ipad v. sticky putty comparison picture for me.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 PM #90
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
I gotta find something to do

My MW2 broke so I can't PS3
I'm hungry but have no food
My cable was cut off today cause were switching to Direct TV
Apparently you still have internet, what do teenager boys do when they don't have anything else left to do but have internet access.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM #91
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballerguy13 View Post
I really don't understand their expansion at all...
They have awful attendance and expanding it to 65k is ridiculous.

Someone post that ipad v. sticky putty comparison picture for me.
Attendance for a school like MSU is dependent on the on-field product. As the team gets better, attendance will follow suit. They used to pack that thing out in the Jackie Sherrill days, and I think they'll do it again as Mullen gets the gears turning. Season ticket sales are already up 20%.

Also, how would you describe the CFB scene in terms of fandom in MS? Percentages would be cool.

I've always thought that Ole Miss had the most supporters, but MSU has a larger alumni base and USM is really big in the southern part of the state. Alabama also has a large following there.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM #92
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Apparently you still have internet, what do teenager boys do when they don't have anything else left to do but have internet access.
Look at pictures of the prospects at Alabama's recent Nike camp ...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 PM #93
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Quote:
Quote:
I have terrible stamina and I've already masturbated to african american homosexuals, srsly

I'm just going to sit here with a thumb in my *** until I have to get ready for school

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM #94
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Not you, we're talking about normal people

edit- I guess I'm the not normal one
Old 05-24-2010, 09:30 PM #95
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.

Quote:
Attendance for a school like MSU is dependent on the on-field product. As the team gets better, attendance will follow suit. They used to pack that thing out in the Jackie Sherrill days, and I think they'll do it again as Mullen gets the gears turning. Season ticket sales are already up 20%.

Also, how would you describe the CFB scene in terms of fandom in MS? Percentages would be cool.

I've always thought that Ole Miss had the most supporters, but MSU has a larger alumni base and USM is really big in the southern part of the state. Alabama also has a large following there.
Ole Miss has the most bandwagoners by far and a lot of that is derived from the scenes people see at the Grove. MSU is big throughout the more rural parts of the state. I don't know many "rednecks" who are Ole Miss or USM fans. Ole Miss has probably the largest fan base overall. I hate Oxford and Rebel sports, but I'm not a blind biased Eagle fan. They have been successful in a lot of areas over the past 10 years.

USM has been growing and, I think, we had a better attendance percentage based on stadium capacity than the other two since Fedora arrived. When you take into account the most SEC schools bring 10,000 or more fans to UM and MSU games, our attendance figures look that much better by comparison. CUSA teams don't travel at all. I'd have to actually look at the numbers to be sure but we have about an 83% attendance rate (30k out of 36k) and that's without any noteworthy visitor crowd.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 PM #96
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Not you, we're talking about normal people

edit- I guess I'm the not normal one
Yeah, you're not normal. Everyone's doing it.

The dude in the middle is Kwon Alexander, he's going to be a 5 star LB in the 2012 class and he's going to Alabama. UmadthatLSUneverhasgreatLB's?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM #97
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Yeah, you're not normal. Everyone's doing it.

The dude in the middle is Kwon Alexander, he's going to be a 5 star LB in the 2012 class and he's going to Alabama. UmadthatLSUneverhasgreatLB's?

Maybe not great but he gets the job done. Speaking of great defensive players

Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM #98
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.

Actually, State had great attendance last year. I didn't realize that.. almost 96% for the year. Ole Miss was a little less but more than us. The visiting contingent though helps their numbers out A LOT though, I maintain.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM #99
jdm001
will randomly type lyrics

jdm001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdm001 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdm001 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
Not with a jaw wired shut.
but you can't reach that high...
Quote:
...watch funny youtube videos?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 PM #100
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Ole Miss has the most bandwagoners by far and a lot of that is derived from the scenes people see at the Grove. MSU is big throughout the more rural parts of the state. I don't know many "rednecks" who are Ole Miss or USM fans. Ole Miss has probably the largest fan base overall. I hate Oxford and Rebel sports, but I'm not a blind biased Eagle fan. They have been successful in a lot of areas over the past 10 years.

USM has been growing and, I think, we had a better attendance percentage based on stadium capacity than the other two since Fedora arrived. When you take into account the most SEC schools bring 10,000 or more fans to UM and MSU games, our attendance figures look that much better by comparison. CUSA teams don't travel at all. I'd have to actually look at the numbers to be sure but we have about an 83% attendance rate (30k out of 36k) and that's without any noteworthy visitor crowd.
Key for Southern Miss is the OOC scheduling; Kansas is solid, but they need to see if they can get some more marquee names to visit. As much as Alabama has played USM over the last couple decades, maybe they're an option? I really wish MSU and Ole Miss would play USM again, but I realize that's a hot button issue over there.

Also, how do you see the Dandy Dozen playing out this year? I'm thinking it goes like this:

1. ATH Nickalos Brassell
2. WR Tobias Singleton
3. LB CJ Johnson (MSU)
4. OT Aaron Morris
5. WR Donte Moncrief
6. S Darion Arrington
7. CB Jermaine Whitehead (MSU)
8. ATH Marcus Mayers
9. WR Joseph Morrow
10. CB Senquez Golston
11. OG Justin Bell
12. TE Malcolm Faciane (Alabama)

I'd really like to get the top two.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 PM #101
BOOM!
Roll Tide

I can deal with the comma thing if the following is added: lays a bigger claim to Alabama because he actually goes to the school.

Maybe
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 PM #102
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:

Maybe not great but he gets the job done. Speaking of great defensive players

Yeah, Peterson is the truth, but I'm still not sure if he's the best CB in the conference going into the 2010 season - I really like Stephon Gilmore at South Carolina and he'll play both ways. He's a little more polished than Peterson, I think. As good as Peterson is, he's still raw and his aggressiveness can be exploited - Shay Hodge did it in the Ole Miss game, he was decent against Arkansas, and I can't remember the dude's name, but some PSU wide out absolutely torched him in the bowl game.

The thing is, Louisiana makes skill players and defensive linemen and high quality LB's aren't seen often in that state. That's one of the reasons Saban has been so successful at Alabama; he's been able to access top notch LB talent as the state of Alabama produces studs at that position every year.

Kelvin Shepard's good, though.

Quote:
Actually, State had great attendance last year. I didn't realize that.. almost 96% for the year. Ole Miss was a little less but more than us. The visiting contingent though helps their numbers out A LOT though, I maintain.
Well, what's State's capacity again - something like 55k to Mississippi's 60-65k?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM #103
Spartan58 (Banned)
Texas Swagger

Quote:

Seriously, will you give up this retarded notion that USM will ever touch either of those schools in anything? Ole Miss will soon turn its back on everything rebel and I think those fans to go to MSU. Unless USM goes into the SEC, they will never be ****. And they sure as hell aint getting into the SEC. There is a ceiling for USM, and its below either of those schools already.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM #104
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
Seriously, will you give up this retarded notion that USM will ever touch either of those schools in anything? Ole Miss will soon turn its back on everything rebel and I think those fans to go to MSU. Unless USM goes into the SEC, they will never be ****. And they sure as hell aint getting into the SEC. There is a ceiling for USM, and its below either of those schools already.
That's a pretty ignorant statement...

-Cameron Hanes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM #105
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Interesting fact of the day: prior to being named the 'Rebels,' the University of Mississippi's football team was known as the Mississippi Flood.