Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should NY host the Superbowl in 2014?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2010, 04:59 PM #43
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Right, it gives a clear distinct advantage to the team that plays in cold weather. Pittsburgh and Dallas may have two very equal teams in terms of talent but that bad weather may make the difference for Pittsburgh. Its flat out an unfair advantage. Theres no other way to spin it.
80 degree heat is an unfair advantage for Tampa Bay and Miami too. They're used to playing in that ****, and it has an effect as well. Hot with the sun beating down on you would definitely give Tampa an advantage over Green Bay.

If they could find a place that's 50 degrees all the time and exactly the same amount of fans from each team then that's the way to go, but we all know that's impossible. The best thing to do is choose different cities every year, from every part of the country. That, or as mr.cocalino said, have the team with the best record have home field advantage.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 05:02 PM #44
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The rain in miami was unfair to the bears because the Sex Cannon has small hands so he had even more trouble holding onto the ball.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:02 PM #45
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Jew York? Nice. I don't really care about this whole situation because my team won't be playing in the Super Bowl anytime soon. If anything, snow will just make it more interesting for me.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM #46
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Jew York? Nice. I don't really care about this whole situation because my team won't be playing in the Super Bowl anytime soon. If anything, snow will just make it more interesting for me.
nice
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM #47
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

Quote:
Because in Cowboy Stadium next February, the two teams playing regardless if ones a dome team or not wont have an advantage. There is no advantage to playing in a NEUTRAL dome. I dont see why this is so hard to comprehend.

Yes, there is. If a team like GB or Pittsburgh has an advantage in the cold, then Miami and Tampa have an advantage in the heat. Yes, its easier to say that its neutral in a dome, but its not. If GB plays 8 games outside and plays up to 3 games in the extreme cold, they aren't at a disadvantage in the warmth. Same with a team like Chicago.

And if you play in NEUTRAL domes only, the teams that have domes are more likely to get the SB in their stadium giving them a home field advantage. How many domes are there, 9? That gives them a 11% chance of getting the SB. Not to mention it would lend itself to certain fans showing up more than others.

A dome may provide a very neutral site, but its never completely neutral. Maybe a team is more used to the indoor lighting. Maybe there is something about the indoor field that gives a team an advantage.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:31 PM #48
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Woot, NY/NJ got it

They are going to be giving out handwarmers and heated seat cushions
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 PM #49
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Yes, there is. If a team like GB or Pittsburgh has an advantage in the cold, then Miami and Tampa have an advantage in the heat. Yes, its easier to say that its neutral in a dome, but its not. If GB plays 8 games outside and plays up to 3 games in the extreme cold, they aren't at a disadvantage in the warmth. Same with a team like Chicago.

And if you play in NEUTRAL domes only, the teams that have domes are more likely to get the SB in their stadium giving them a home field advantage. How many domes are there, 9? That gives them a 11% chance of getting the SB. Not to mention it would lend itself to certain fans showing up more than others.

A dome may provide a very neutral site, but its never completely neutral. Maybe a team is more used to the indoor lighting. Maybe there is something about the indoor field that gives a team an advantage.
its an obvious point. Plus the surfaces are different between grass and field turf. Though fewer teams use grass anymore.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM #50
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
its an obvious point. Plus the surfaces are different between grass and field turf. Though fewer teams use grass anymore.
Except for the stupid Bears. Soldier Field was a piece of **** last year and it will likely be again this year. Good luck running Martz's offense on that field. If they were smart they'd just switch to turf.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM #51
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
80 degree heat is an unfair advantage for Tampa Bay and Miami too. They're used to playing in that ****, and it has an effect as well. Hot with the sun beating down on you would definitely give Tampa an advantage over Green Bay.

No it wouldnt. If the game was played in the day then maybe, and if it was played in September, but even Miami in January isnt going to really get above 70. The heat provides a significantly lesser of an advantage then rain, wind, or snow.

Quote:
If they could find a place that's 50 degrees all the time and exactly the same amount of fans from each team then that's the way to go, but we all know that's impossible. The best thing to do is choose different cities every year, from every part of the country. That, or as mr.cocalino said, have the team with the best record have home field advantage.

The fans are split so closely it hardly makes a difference any way. I dont want to hear that bull****. Unless you're the Steelers, you're getting almost a 50/50 split of REAL fans, not just corporate douche bags who are there to make a sale to a client.

[quote=mr.cocalino;66708898]Yes, there is. If a team like GB or Pittsburgh has an advantage in the cold, then Miami and Tampa have an advantage in the heat. Yes, its easier to say that its neutral in a dome, but its not. If GB plays 8 games outside and plays up to 3 games in the extreme cold, they aren't at a disadvantage in the warmth. Same with a team like Chicago. [quote]

Like I said above, the heat is going to have a much lesser effect on a cold weather team then cold/****ty weather will on a warm weather team. Its not a point I'm going to even entertain. Its just flat out wrong. The sunshine doesnt make the ball slippery. The sunshine doesnt make the turf tough to get a grip on. The sunshine doesnt make it harder to see down field. The sunshine doesnt move the ball in the air and force you to compensate. the heat doesnt provide NEARLY the advantage you guys are making it to be at all.

Quote:

Whaaa? The odds of that are MUCH less then 11% my friend. I'm not saying neutral domes only, I understand thats not a logical move due to the fact that yes, there are only 9 domes and some are in less then desirable locations, but warm weather stadiums are the best bet. They offer no advantage either way.

Quote:

If those are the two things you're using to argue against rain, wind, snow, freezing temps, etc. then you've already lost this argument.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 PM #52
mr.cocalino

You're argument is that teams that play in cold weather aren't at a disadvantage in the warmth. You completely ignore the fact that teams that play in warm weather would have an advantage in this situation. You assume that teams that play in the cold have no problem playing in the warmth, even if they played their 3 playoff games in very cold weather.

You are making assumptions that warm weather teams gain little or no advantage by playing in a climate that is familiar to them.

You also argue that weather can play a role in every NFL game except the SB. That is faulty logic right there. Why should the SB be any different from the football that the players play all year?

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

Last edited by mr.cocalino : 05-25-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 PM #53
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
You're argument is that teams that play in cold weather aren't at a disadvantage in the warmth. You completely ignore the fact that teams that play in warm weather would have an advantage in this situation. You assume that teams that play in the cold have no problem playing in the warmth, even if they played their 3 playoff games in very cold weather.

You are making assumptions that warm weather teams gain little or no advantage by playing in a climate that is familiar to them.

You also argue that weather can play a role in every NFL game except the SB. That is faulty logic right there. Why should the SB be any different from the football that the players play all year?

Because "cold weather" teams play in the warm weather for a solid two months a year! Its not foreign to them! I cannot believe you would actually try to convince me that warm sunny weather is going to favor a team the same way wind, snow and cold will. Thats absolutely retarded in every sense of the word.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM #54
mr.cocalino

They also play in the cold for two months.

If teams have to play in cold weather to get to the SB, why does the SB HAVE to be in warm weather? Again, you say the SB HAS to be neutral but every other game can succumb to the elements? Why not just throw a dome over every field and call it a day?

And if one team only gets two months in the warm and the other gets 4, how is that fair? Teams like Miami still have to travel to New England in the cold months. They get some play time in the cold as well.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:31 AM #55
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

If teams have to play in cold weather to get to the SB, why does the SB HAVE to be in warm weather? Again, you say the SB HAS to be neutral but every other game can succumb to the elements? Why not just throw a dome over every field and call it a day?

And if one team only gets two months in the warm and the other gets 4, how is that fair? Teams like Miami still have to travel to New England in the cold months. They get some play time in the cold as well.

Also, hopefully they get the Boss to do the halftime show again that year. E Street Band SB halftime show in NY is epic win
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 AM #56
mr.cocalino

I wouldn't mind seeing an act that appeals to the younger generation. I get it, family friendly, but its enough already. I don't even like rap or pop, but get Jay-Z and Rihanna up there or the black eyed peas or something. I didn't need to see the boss or Paul McCartney. I thought The Who were really good, but I could see a lot of younger fans not liking the choice. The intro this year with Jay-Z was incredible and was a lot more exciting, it actually got me pumped for the game. It was an extremely well done video:

Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 AM #57
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:

Because thats not the point. The point is to get to the Superbowl, which means the easiest way most times is getting home field throughout. The SB is supposed to be neutral, otherwise they wouldnt play it in a NEUTRAL LOCATION. This goes against everything the NFL has said and done for the last 40 some odd years. By getting home field you gain an advantage based on the crowd, weather, etc. The Superbowl venue is not supposed to offer a significant advantage to either side, thats why they play it in neutral locations. I"m not saying it has to be 100% neutral, thats unrealistic, but putting it in a cold weather stadium where the chances of weather having an effect on the game are significantly greater then other stadiums, then yes, it could potentially give one team an advantage over the other.

What exactly are you saying the warm weather will do to a team as opposed to the cold, wind, snow, and rain you get in the north? I'm dying to know what is SO HARD (cwutididthar) about playing in 70 degree, clear weather.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:14 AM #58
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post

Also, hopefully they get the Boss to do the halftime show again that year. E Street Band SB halftime show in NY is epic win
Bruce Springstein is garbage. If you like him you were Born to Run with the fairies
Old 05-26-2010, 03:26 AM #59
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
As a new yorker I'm hoping the Jets or Giants make it that year, against a southern team, all while it's 20* and snowing.

Or a Jets-Giants superbowl in the snow, that would just be awesome.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:35 AM #60
mr.cocalino

Quote:
What exactly are you saying the warm weather will do to a team as opposed to the cold, wind, snow, and rain you get in the north? I'm dying to know what is SO HARD (cwutididthar) about playing in 70 degree, clear weather.
What is so hard about playing in the cold? For every element in the cold, you get something in the heat.

Its too cold in NY.

Its too humid in Miami.

The ball is too hard in the cold

GB/Chi/NE played in the cold for the last 3 weeks and is more used to the hard ball.

It can snow in NY

It can rain in Miami

Its can get too windy in the cold

It can get windy in the heat

The extra moisture in the hot air can cause the ball to travel slightly slower.

The cold weather can make players more uncomfortable

The heat can cause players to dehydrate

Players are slipping on the snow

Players are slipping on the wet/moist grass

Plus you are assuming that we are having a cold weather team vs. warm weather team in the 2014 SB. What if its the Saints and Colts again? What if its two cold weather teams?

There are so many variables at play. The site is pre-determined. I have shown that warm weather can affect the game just as cold weather can. The level weather affects the game is determined by forces out of our control. Perhaps 2014's SB brings us a cold clear calm night. Sometimes you get rain despite your best efforts to have the game played on a clear night, as was the case when the Bears and Colts faced off. The point is that no one get home-field, so as long as the Jets/Giants don't get in, there is no home field advantage. If you are the best team that day, you have to find a way to overcome the elements, weather and otherwise.

Last edited by mr.cocalino : 05-26-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 AM #61
Hawke

Quote:
Did you just imply that it doesn't rain or even get windy in the South? stfu.

ps. new york has been 50 degrees 3 of the last 5 februarys.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:35 AM #62
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
What is so hard about playing in the cold? For every element in the cold, you get something in the heat.

You cant be serious.....you really are reaching now....

Quote:
Its too cold in NY.

Its too humid in Miami.

Humid in Feb. doesnt happen. Dont know if you've ever been to Florida in February but it doesnt sound like you have.

Quote:
The ball is too hard in the cold

GB/Chi/NE played in the cold for the last 3 weeks and is more used to the hard ball.

And how is that not an advantage?

Quote:
It can snow in NY

It can rain in Miami

Everyones played in rain, not everyones played in snow.

Quote:
Its can get too windy in the cold

It can get windy in the heat

not even remotely comparable and its a moot point if the games played in a dome.

Quote:
The extra moisture in the hot air can cause the ball to travel slightly slower.

My god...he's gone full retard.

Quote:
The cold weather can make players more uncomfortable

The heat can cause players to dehydrate

The cold does more then make you unfcomfortable, it makes you slow and you're body doesnt react the same as in warmth. Again, Dehyrdration is about the easiest thing to overcome in the heat. And again, we're talking about south Florida in February, not July.

Quote:
Players are slipping on the snow

Players are slipping on the wet/moist grass

Again, not comparable at all.

Quote:
Plus you are assuming that we are having a cold weather team vs. warm weather team in the 2014 SB. What if its the Saints and Colts again? What if its two cold weather teams?

It doesnt matter, the point is that the weather can have a direct effect on the outcome of the game, thats not something I want to see.

Quote:
There are so many variables at play. The site is pre-determined. I have shown that warm weather can affect the game just as cold weather can. The level weather affects the game is determined by forces out of our control. Perhaps 2014's SB brings us a cold clear calm night. Sometimes you get rain despite your best efforts to have the game played on a clear night, as was the case when the Bears and Colts faced off. The point is that no one get home-field, so as long as the Jets/Giants don't get in, there is no home field advantage. If you are the best team that day, you have to find a way to overcome the elements, weather and otherwise.

WTF? Are you kidding me? You're "points" made no ****ing sense at all. This is honestly the worst argument we've ever had on your part.

Quote:
Did you just imply that it doesn't rain or even get windy in the South? stfu.

ps. new york has been 50 degrees 3 of the last 5 februarys.

Not to the extent that NY does you ****ing *******.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:59 PM #63
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

The stadium is in New Jersey, it isn't like they're playing in downtown Manhatten. Also it isn't like everyday in february is 10 degrees and windy as ****. There is just as much chance for it to be in the 30's with no wind at all and not a cloud in the sky, and if players can't overcome a slightly colder day of football then they're used to, then they shouldn't even be in the Super Bowl.

I don't understand why a Super Bowl here automatically means there is going to be a blizzard with sub-zero temperatures.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."

Last edited by RamapoLax : 05-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.
RamapoLax is offline   Reply With Quote