PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 PM #22
AlphaPaintballRef
Member: Church Militant

AlphaPaintballRef supports Bob Gurnsey
AlphaPaintballRef plays in the APPA D5 division
I thought the reffing wasn't bad--people seem to ignore human error. They start at a 100% correct call situation and then bash the refs more and more for every bad call they make. It seems to me it would be fairer for factor in some error percentage to begin with and then go from there. For the people who had bad calls--how many did you have? Then look at the overall number of calls on you. Sometimes a call comes at a very inopportune time and makes it seem like the refs are awful.

On the other hand, we did well, so it could be the old "you do well so you like the reffing".

Everything else went really well-especially the quick game turnaround!

AlphaPaintballRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 AM #23
oofreestyle
CREW

oofreestyle is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
oofreestyle plays in the PSP
This event was run very well. I really liked how fast the games turned around, when you have a long drive and work the next day it really make a difference.

The reffing was very good, and we have really enjoyed both of our EPL experiences. I think it's really important for people to realize that reffing is never going to be 100%, you can play PSP and NPPL and those refs will make mistakes every once in a while too...At the end of the day all you really need or can expect is for refs to be fair and consistent and the EPL refs are just that. So I say great jobs refs keep up the good work.
oofreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:34 PM #24
NJ Mikey A
Bro, do you even operate?

NJ Mikey A plays in the PSP
NJ Mikey A supports Cereal Killerz 2
NJ Mikey A owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NJ Mikey A supports Team VICIOUS
NJ Mikey A is for the Gunfight
NJ Mikey A supports Sherwood Forest
Extremely fun event, I know that everybody really enjoyed it from my camp. It was run quickly, and for once on time which was actually nice to see. The weather made for some interesting things, and as always EPL event staff did a great job of fixing issues players were having.

The reffing was MUCH better than the previous event, but still definitely had some issues mostly concerning the blue field. I witnessed a mixed bag, some were on point, and others certainly were not. I saw a game where Malicious Intent could have, and perhaps should have been called but it wasn't. And I myself was the cause of a mixed call, having been hit on pack diving into snake, and unaware of it we had a 1for1 called. The ref had told me I was out but never acknowledged it, between everyone screaming and them allowing me to move up into there S1 was uncalled for. If you see a player hit, and allow them to make that much forward progression when it is obvious they are entirely unaware they are hit in such an UN-OBVIOUS place is ridiculous, rip me the hell out of my bunker, drop in front of me and make sure you let players know they are OUT.

You can't say one thing in the beginning of the day during the captains meeting and then change it once on field during game time. I am not upset about the call since it did not matter, but the reff's need to get in there more during those iffy calls.

Regardless of regardless I love everyone to death, see ya in three weeks
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." "There is a point beyond which they must not advance." And this—this is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said, "The destiny of man is not measured by material computations. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we're spirits—not animals." And he said, "There's something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
NJ Mikey A is offline   Reply With Quote