Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-23-2010, 06:36 PM #1
II Unsigned II

II Unsigned II is a Paintball photographer
II Unsigned II plays in the PSP
II Unsigned II plays in the APPA D5 division
The "what you think about " thread for EPL North Event #2

I need a break from editing....so lets all hear it...what you think?

C.0.R.E # 17
II Unsigned II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 06:57 PM #2
xxNYpbPLAYERxx
LLP LEVERAGE

xxNYpbPLAYERxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xxNYpbPLAYERxx plays in the APPA D4 division
The Ref's Sucked Nuts On The Blue Field!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides That The Competition Was Good In D5
Overall Good Weekend Of Paintball
xxNYpbPLAYERxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:08 PM #3
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
TeamChaos99 is Boss
yea ref's on the blue field weren't the greatest, ref came from 50 snake and pulled me in d corner for my barrel swab connector because it was lime green yet there was a ref right behind me, then told me he was going to give me a penalty for talking back because i told him its my swab not a hit, other than him doing that to me the event was a blast

Free Agent Powered By: Prestige Paintball | Ground Assault Paintball Park | The Meadowlands | Oringmonkey | PootyPaintball | Ninja Paintball
TeamChaos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:21 PM #4
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥

Macris donated to help Peyton Trent
Macris plays in the APPA D3 division
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Overall I think it was Great Event.
This is my second EPL event I've attended, but unfortunately I coached this one due to no D3 division.

I wish that the both fields were gridded the same; there were a few MINOR differences in bunkers that took away or added blind shots. Honestly, it's not a huge deal and it's not like it was the determining factor in the outcome in any game.

I agree that the Blue Field ref crew wasn't the greatest, but I know from experience that reffing all day sucks. Most of the issues occurred later in the day after the refs had to experience the changes in weather and a lack of food in their systems. However, the bigger issues I have were with Customer Service. WE [players/teams/coaches/supporters] are the reason why they are getting paid, without us attending events they wouldn't necessarily get a paycheck. I don't think a simple greeting is too much to ask for, or even something as simple as how are you guys doing today? or goodluck guys. If the players are happy than it only makes their jobs that much easier. I'd rather see a bunch of refs having a fun time being interactive with the players then being miserable and basically not giving a crap about the fact that people are spending their money for a quality ran event.

Again, Overall a Great Event, and I'll see everyone at Topgun!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM #5
*ezee*

*ezee* plays in the PSP
Feedback

3-man was refereed very by-the-book, especially in the beginning. Although there were a ton of penalties (we were impacted as well), from a learning perspective, it was really good to experience. For all of us teams in growth mode, it was good prep for the future.

Chad, Jason and the EPL staff were great (as usual) and very prompt, helpful and organized. The paint we pre-ordered did not make it in and Chad worked with us on a really good substitute. I also liked the fact that we could have played the scenario game with that paint, if we wanted.

There were comments about the sideline coaching from the last North event and the EPL guys responded to the suggestions by putting in coaching boxes. A smart suggestion by the op and good listening on the part of the EPL.

The were less goods sold at this event, not a huge deal for me personally, but if you were there to buy something, you had less to choose from. Not sure if this really matters to players but it may be something good to find out from the attendees.

There was some confusion about which field the 3-man was being played on and they were switched just before the games started. The fields were laid out REALLY well, so it wasn't a problem but if there were more discrepancies, it could have been off-putting to teams that had prepped a lot beforehand.

Overall the event was very well-run (again) and presented a really positive experience for folks getting into the tourney scene.

Many thanks to Chad, Jason and the rest of the EPL staff.

Also...Tony Brown is awesome and was the bravest dude on the field that day. All in the name of a better moving picture. Thanks Tony!

New Jersey Jesters

Stingray Ops ProShop | All Star Paintball | Planet Eclipse | Empire Paintball | Kong-Ker | Long Live Paintball
*ezee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:31 PM #6
wgpprostock

wgpprostock owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
refs were questionable on sunday except for dustin who seems to be on point.
the blue field refs could of stepped it up.. i believe there was a mix up with the final four for d5 3 man on saturday but other then that, it was a good event.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 PM #7
II Unsigned II

Weather sucked but it was a great event for me. I got to see people get muddy and slide around. Which makes my day better.

Saw some funny moment on and off the field of play which should tell everyone that the event is great and you can have fun with it.

Wanna play was a great field and can't wait to go back for EPL cup.

Unsigned photos thanks all the team that came out today.

C.0.R.E # 17

Last edited by II Unsigned II : 05-23-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM #8
C04
PLAN B

C04 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C04 supports Team VICIOUS
I was all over the place today either; guesting for my host team NYC VENOM or watching and helping our d5 team SHARKS. I personally had no complaints from the reffs at all. I know my teammates from NYC VENOM felt cheated at certain times due to an incorrect call, but I believe the reffs were calling as they saw it. And yes we all know how you see it is not always correct (that goes for spectators, players and/or reffs).
I thank my host team NYC VENOM, they very cool people and a pleasure to play with. Good luck with the rest of the season.
I am very proud of the SHARKS for the 2nd place finish and I know there was A LOT of GREAT competition in d5. (d4, also)
I thank Chad and Jason, you guys made a 5man tournament feel like an xball one, with how quickly you were running the games and keeping the scores updated. I thought your entire staff was professional and overall the reffing was better than the last north event.
I will see you all at Topgun in a few weeks.
-chris
-PLAN B
C04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM #9
*ezee*

*ezee* plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Unsigned II View Post
Wanna play was a great field and can't wait to go back for EPL cup.
Totally agreed. They have really good staff that were helpful and supportive. That goes for the home team, PLAN B, as well, a really good group of guys. We had a really good experience there. Many thanks WPP!

E

New Jersey Jesters

Stingray Ops ProShop | All Star Paintball | Planet Eclipse | Empire Paintball | Kong-Ker | Long Live Paintball
*ezee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 PM #10
stince
I take Fotomograpfs.

stince is a Paintball photographer
Usually i'm behind a camera at the events, but this event i decided to step up and play.

First APPA ranked event in years. And to be honest i felt the reffing was pretty on par. A few calls could have gone better, but i think the infamy crew was much more on par reffing wise that the last event.

Everything ran smoothly and i noticed the 5man was done by 2:30.

Thanks to Chad, Bobby, Jason, Banks, and the rest of the EPL Staff for an amazing event and Minions and Infamy for stepping up and reffing.

stince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM #11
bre3zy
Get out STUPID

bre3zy plays in the PSP
bre3zy supports Cereal Killerz 2
bre3zy is playing at Living Legends III
bre3zy is playing at Living Legends V
bre3zy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by C04 View Post
I was all over the place today either; guesting for my host team NYC VENOM or watching and helping our d5 team SHARKS. I personally had no complaints from the reffs at all. I know my teammates from NYC VENOM felt cheated at certain times due to an incorrect call, but I believe the reffs were calling as they saw it. And yes we all know how you see it is not always correct (that goes for spectators, players and/or reffs).
I thank my host team NYC VENOM, they very cool people and a pleasure to play with. Good luck with the rest of the season.
I am very proud of the SHARKS for the 2nd place finish and I know there was A LOT of GREAT competition in d5. (d4, also)
I thank Chad and Jason, you guys made a 5man tournament feel like an xball one, with how quickly you were running the games and keeping the scores updated. I thought your entire staff was professional and overall the reffing was better than the last north event.
-chris
-PLAN B
thanks chris i know i you didnt plkay on my squad but thanks reguardless

refs were questionable but as chris said the call as the see i just wish the ref were alittle bit more on point other then that it was great no problem at all ran great

i love the mud in snake

refs were questionable
The Reservoir Dogs #23
Generously Supported by
Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind * NYC Paintball * CCM
Avalanche D2
Valken |Vanguard Demon | NXE | Stiffi Barrels | Ninja Paintball | Dye | Exalt |GXG | RAZA | Tech PB | OXCC | Sly | Boston Paintball
bre3zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:18 PM #12
DMailMan69
Meadowlands GRIND

Annual Supporting Member
DMailMan69 plays in the PSP
DMailMan69 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DMailMan69 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by C04 View Post
-chris
-PLAN B

no problem man and thanks for helping us to .. you already know if u need any help just let us know .. as for the tournament for my guys on Venom and Venom GBS it ran smooth and good but like everybody said the refs on the blue field could had done better but other than that it was fun and i want to personally thank the ultimate ref that was calling the teams up to the field for being patient with me and all the problems that had occur today but again other than that, fun good event.
Fausto Valdez #4/ WOLFPACK

If its not Meadowlands Paintball, Then its not real paintball
DMailMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM #13
II Unsigned II

I did see the the event was making teams turn around quick and go on both fields. Made my head spin. Was like going over here and there.

C.0.R.E # 17
Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 AM #14
alinero718
Ali weezie 187

alinero718 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alinero718 supports Team VICIOUS
alinero718 is for the Gunfight
alinero718 plays in the APPA D4 division
again, the ref calls were horrible, a lot of really bad calls after another. hopefully for the next event it would get better. beside the bad reffing, everything else was great. also want to thank Chris for co-hosting for us.
see u guys in top gun.

I support the Eastern Paintball League
The Meadowlands Paintball
FREE AGENT 2012
All-star paintball
alinero718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM #15
sureshotassassin
Portly Ninja

sureshotassassin is BST Trusted
sureshotassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would like to thank Wanna-Play for hosting a great event as well as all the teams that played D4. I feel the event was well run and enjoyable. There are only two issues I have. First, I agree with everyone and say that the ref’ing was bad and not just limited to the blue field either. Second, something needs to be done with the fill station located near the field’s crono stations. With the quick turn a rounds most of us were left playing with less then 2500psi in our tanks or running late because we had to hike to the upper lot to get a full fill. With that being said it was fun and we expect to see everyone at Top Gun.
CP #13 ASSASSINS

sureshotassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:16 PM #16
SlOwFaCeKiLla
Derek Llewellyn

SlOwFaCeKiLla plays in the PSP
SlOwFaCeKiLla plays in the APPA D4 division
SlOwFaCeKiLla supports DLX Technology
Event ran super smooth and was far superior than the first event. I personally felt that the referees were ten times better this event and my hat goes off to them. It is a hard job (I ran a field and reffed the ncpa frostbowl). The effort shown yesterday was quite impressive compared to the first. Fast game turn arounds was amazing! Keep up all the great work Chad, Jason, infamy, minions, and the rest of the crew. Your jobs are not easy nor are you given enough credit.
DC MonstArs #570
PAINTBALL ADVENTURE PARK-Where CHAMPIONS are made!
SlOwFaCeKiLla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 PM #17
TBF
PAP Video Editor

loved it.
TBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM #18
fatal impact1

we had a great time.the refs are as fair as going to be.any time we had a question for the refs we got a good answer and they helped as much as they should.this was our 2nd epl ever and we think it was awesome.every month comes and we cant wait to play.we would like to say thank you to chad for giving us an experience in playing tournament paintball.
fatal impact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:27 PM #19
mlowe

mlowe supports Bob Gurnsey
Great event! The reffing was pretty good as far as I was concerned. Some calles might be questionable, but thats paintball and human error at times. Calls went both ways which is good. The refs listened to things we had to say and it is evident that they want to be the best. I love this series and the teams playing it...well done to all.

Mike
Keystone United
mlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM #20
II Unsigned II

I thought someone would complain about the weather. 3man had the great weather. 5man got stuck with the rain , but oh well.

C.0.R.E # 17
Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM #21
devilspaintball
Hustle, Fight, Grind!!!

devilspaintball plays in the USPL
devilspaintball plays in the PSP
devilspaintball is an NCPA player
devilspaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
this is my second year in EPL and all i can say is Cahd oyu guys run a great event. You alwaystalk with me and my team no matter what and it really makes me feel like you guys care about the teams at EPL

the one call that botherd me the whole day was a 1 for 1 our guy got when he got hit in the hopper running to cornor off break. Yes he got hit in the hopper which is a 1 for 1 but off break it is hard to check yourself while running. So i say next time something like that happens just pull the player and not give him a 1 for 1. Other then that overall great job

Dustin for best ref ever
Hungry Fat Chicks