Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 AM #85
Deimus85
Playground Legend
 
Deimus85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 609
Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
Yep just went and looked at a few rosters and to my susprise a few have this WOW is all I can say. Not sure if they were classed at the end of the season or before though and I didnt add up the numbers. Question does a staff player receive credit = scores for the team also. Looked at a few others also and the staff received credit also???? I also use APPA and have never received credit for being staff/coach.
they were reclassed before HB 2009 so that they could play HB 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
^^^ he has a point!! ^^^
I played with the team you speak of and there were two ex pros on our team and a ex semi pro... on a d2 team yet there wasnt a big thread full of people crying about people playing out of rank. I have played D432 the last two years but never played a NPPL event, when i went to HB to get my ID (which i pre ordered online) i got an id with my name and rank as D4? whats the problem?
did you play on Davis XSV? if so, my team beat you guys. goes to show pro paintball players are nothing to worry about. or even someone ranked D1. they are just people with paintball guns.

Granted, ranking systems are very important in legitimizing tournaments and the current APPA system is doing a very good job at that.
__________________
The Playground Paintball Park The PGPL
DLXValkenCaptain O-RingRaza

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:47 AM #86
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
^^^ he has a point!! ^^^
I played with the team you speak of and there were two ex pros on our team and a ex semi pro... on a d2 team yet there wasnt a big thread full of people crying about people playing out of rank. I have played D432 the last two years but never played a NPPL event, when i went to HB to get my ID (which i pre ordered online) i got an id with my name and rank as D4? whats the problem?
if a D5 team signed up to play D2, Ill bet a pay check that no D2 team would go up to team and say, hey your playing out of rank and we dont wanna play your team for that reason
OH EVEN WITH THOSE PLAYERS WE DIDNT WIN
WE DIDNT CRY NOR DID ANY OF THE TEAMS WE PLAYED
Just my .02
That is why Paintball has a bad name IMO and also you have zero integrity if you played down regardless of win loss record. A more experienced player will win more times than not. Guess you have more money than sense because that is why they have divisions, and this is why folks dont come out to events to watch or play. What a silly thing to verify Geeze.
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 AM #87
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
^^^ he has a point!! ^^^
I played with the team you speak of and there were two ex pros on our team and a ex semi pro... on a d2 team yet there wasnt a big thread full of people crying about people playing out of rank. I have played D432 the last two years but never played a NPPL event, when i went to HB to get my ID (which i pre ordered online) i got an id with my name and rank as D4? whats the problem?
if a D5 team signed up to play D2, Ill bet a pay check that no D2 team would go up to team and say, hey your playing out of rank and we dont wanna play your team for that reason
OH EVEN WITH THOSE PLAYERS WE DIDNT WIN
WE DIDNT CRY NOR DID ANY OF THE TEAMS WE PLAYED
Just my .02
I did not keep up with the threads last year about NPPL, but with this event, there were two factors: NPPL in Chicago for the first time in a while and 'new' NPPL. So I presume that there were a few new players exposed to a relatively different system, and that NPPL is using their own system with some piggybacking onto APPA (ie the equivalency classifications available on the NPPL website). As a result, the inconsistencies tend to be more significant.

I understand the reasoning behind letting one high ranked player on a roster, but it is certainly a slipperly slope start arguing that it did not make a difference, or you're not that great, or there are many other players on the team, or it was just one event. You get into trouble when you accept small failures, and to permit little discrepancies opens the door to complacency or propogation of problems.

Rank is rank, rules are rules, and exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis. I was not involved in the decision nor am I privy to the information on which the decision was based. On the surface this does not seem consistent, and that is the reason for all this mental masturbation.
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 AM #88
502 killa
THIRDEYE
 
502 killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville
Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
The reason were concerned about this is to put a stop to it whenever it is caught. I have been looking at your rosters and his and I personally have found a few issues and will bring it to the proper folks in the NPPL. I will let them handle what I think I have found. Thanks for helping destroy the integrity of the sport champ.

Forgot will let PSP know also.
what exactly is this that you have "found" we did not break any rules or did we sneak anything past anyone. get over yourself man. none of us have ever played 7 man and didnt even practice for this event. so i dont know what you think you know. since you obviously know who i am why dont u post and tell me who you are?
__________________
R.I.P. Thirdeye Paintball
Paintball Asylum
SPLASH LUXE
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:06 AM #89
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
what exactly is this that you have "found" we did not break any rules or did we sneak anything past anyone. get over yourself man. none of us have ever played 7 man and didnt even practice for this event. so i dont know what you think you know. since you obviously know who i am why dont u post and tell me who you are?
Never said I knew you and I really dont want to either, from you posts and attitude, but You may PM me and I will explain further is desired. I dont go around posting personal information, and if you read my post you will also see I said think I have. Awaiting you PM.
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 AM #90
axtell1234
HAS NO CONCEPT
 
axtell1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
axtell1234 plays in the PSP
axtell1234 helped look for balloons
axtell1234 plays in the APPA D2 division
axtell1234 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
That is why Paintball has a bad name IMO and also you have zero integrity if you played down regardless of win loss record. A more experienced player will win more times than not. Guess you have more money than sense because that is why they have divisions, and this is why folks dont come out to events to watch or play. What a silly thing to verify Geeze.
LIKE I WAS SAYING.......
If your D2 team was playing a D5 team, you would/would not? play them because they are playing out of rank? Let me guess you have so much integrity that you would till them we are not going to play your team because your D5.
A more experienced player will win more times than not.
It is not a player sport it is a team sport, one player might help but he/she isnt going to win every game for you. tell me one team that one player has won an event for the whole team??? PLEASE
__________________
[center]MASS Media
axtell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 AM #91
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
LIKE I WAS SAYING.......
If your D2 team was playing a D5 team, you would/would not? play them because they are playing out of rank? Let me guess you have so much integrity that you would till them we are not going to play your team because your D5.
A more experienced player will win more times than not.
It is not a player sport it is a team sport, one player might help but he/she isnt going to win every game for you. tell me one team that one player has won an event for the whole team??? PLEASE
I would not play them in a tournament period. Now as a D4 team I have played a D2 team in practice to get better and I say this as my team as it is a team sport but one player can make a big swing on the field of play.
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:07 AM #92
OtacoK
hasbeen
 
OtacoK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Elsmere, KY
I didn't look at the team list until I read this thread. He is listed as a player now. It's not like he tried to pull a quick one. I doubt he was sneaking around all weekend. He's all about self promotion.

The league allowed him to play. So he geared up. Maybe its cause he's my dude, but I think your beef is directed towards the wrong party.

Dude hasn't been lucky enough to play as much ball recently, as he has in the past years. An opportunity was presented to play paintball this weekend. He accepted. Nothing more, nothing less.
__________________
WashedUp

NK
OtacoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 AM #93
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtacoK View Post
I didn't look at the team list until I read this thread. He is listed as a player now. It's not like he tried to pull a quick one. I doubt he was sneaking around all weekend. He's all about self promotion.

The league allowed him to play. So he geared up. Maybe its cause he's my dude, but I think your beef is directed towards the wrong party.

Dude hasn't been lucky enough to play as much ball recently, as he has in the past years. An opportunity was presented to play paintball this weekend. He accepted. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you for that explanation, sometimes its the simple things that get me to thinking to much. I have also made mistakes on the team roster but was able to fix it before the tournament. Thanks again keep it simple _______ not meaning anyone here, just a saying is all. R/S, Ron Hill
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 AM #94
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang
 
TherealInsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
All of this because a player with a D1 APPA rank played D3? 99% of the time its nothing underhanded. Especially if he is on the roster. When plyers show up off the roster is when you gotta worry.
Shouldn't matter as the APPA rank is irrelevant. the NPPL chose not to use that system, and as such he is not a D1 player by their terms. If the NPPL wants to use the APPA they should have to pay for it. It really sounds like all of the people who have a problem with him playing D3 have a problem with the league, and the ranking system it employs.

On a side note where the NPPL rule book states:
D1 PSP= D1 NPPL
It should say D1 APPA = D1 NPPL.

The NPPL has two courses here. Admit to stealing information from the APPA, and pay the APPA for it. Then Apply the APPA ranks to players and go from there. OR deny stealing the information and give everyone an appropriate rank from any events they have the rights to. Even if that means letting a semi-pro player in the APPA have a D3 rank in the NPPL.

Legally speaking The NPPL should not be able to look at a players rank without paying for it, therefore they have no way of knowing who is what rank in that system. If I signed up for the NPPL and told them I was unranked in the PSP, they have no legal way of verifying that without paying the APPA.
__________________
Kanye West: the world's most effective troll.
your. possesive. as in "Your grammar is terrible"
You're. contraction of "you" and "are". as in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference"
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 06-01-2010 at 02:44 AM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 AM #95
axtell1234
HAS NO CONCEPT
 
axtell1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
axtell1234 plays in the PSP
axtell1234 helped look for balloons
axtell1234 plays in the APPA D2 division
axtell1234 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
I would not play them in a tournament period. Now as a D4 team I have played a D2 team in practice to get better and I say this as my team as it is a team sport but one player can make a big swing on the field of play.
OK lets put it in prospective for you then......
lets say your D4 team was playing HB D4 7man if they even have that, and a D8 team (for story purposes the players a worse the higher the number) signed up to play D4 7man. your going to forfeit a match/set of games? remember this is what you said and i didnt change it just copy and pasted and added a lil flare!
I would not play them in a tournament period.
__________________
[center]MASS Media
axtell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 AM #96
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
OK lets put it in prospective for you then......
lets say your D4 team was playing HB D4 7man if they even have that, and a D8 team (for story purposes the players a worse the higher the number) signed up to play D4 7man. your going to forfeit a match/set of games? remember this is what you said and i didnt change it just copy and pasted and added a lil flare!
I would not play them in a tournament period.
LOL your funny, yes I would play them because they made the decision to play D4 not D8, but yes you did change it to meet your argument and theory for what end I'm waiting to see here. So lets put the shoe on the other foot oh wait you already said you would and have.

Sorry wrong person I was think of

Now lets say a Pro Team Damage wants to play D4, D3 and D2 if the schedule would allow it is that okay in your book also. Now if I thought my team was ready for them I would play up and take the chance of being classified Pro (fat chance) but you get my meaning???

Last edited by Marinex2hill : 06-01-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 AM #97
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post
if a D5 team signed up to play D2, Ill bet a pay check that no D2 team would go up to team and say, hey your playing out of rank and we dont wanna play your team for that reason
Learn to make a valid and coherent argument. Some punctuation wouldn't hurt your cause either.

How is this even remotely the same thing? We are talking about sandbagging - higher level players playing at lower divisions. This hurts other teams chances of winning after they've paid hard earned money to enter a tournament. If lower ranked players want to play up, that is their choice and there is nothing in the rules against that. Nor does that hurt any other teams chances of winning.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 AM #98
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew
 
dirtykidsbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
dirtykidsbrad plays in the PSP
dirtykidsbrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Since the screenshot was posted comparing PSP to NPPL, this is exactly what my thought was the entire time. All of the arguments are theoretically pointless because the NPPL has no way of using the APPA unless they are paying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac View Post
All of this because a player with a D1 APPA rank played D3? 99% of the time its nothing underhanded. Especially if he is on the roster. When plyers show up off the roster is when you gotta worry.
Shouldn't matter as the APPA rank is irrelevant. the NPPL chose not to use that system, and as such he is not a D1 player by their terms. If the NPPL wants to use the APPA they should have to pay for it. It really sounds like all of the people who have a problem with him playing D3 have a problem with the league, and the ranking system it employs.

On a side note where the NPPL rule book states:
D1 PSP= D1 NPPL
It should say D1 APPA = D1 NPPL.

The NPPL has two courses here. Admit to stealing information from the APPA, and pay the APPA for it. Then Apply the APPA ranks to players and go from there. OR deny stealing the information and give everyone an appropriate rank from any events they have the rights to. Even if that means letting a semi-pro player in the APPA have a D3 rank in the NPPL.

Legally speaking The NPPL should not be able to look at a players rank without paying for it, therefore they have no way of knowing who is what rank in that system. If I signed up for the NPPL and told them I was unranked in the PSP, they have no legal way of verifying that without paying the APPA.
__________________
Colorado Ascent - Dynamic Paintball
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area

Rival Limited, LLC.
dirtykidsbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM #99
axtell1234
HAS NO CONCEPT
 
axtell1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
axtell1234 plays in the PSP
axtell1234 helped look for balloons
axtell1234 plays in the APPA D2 division
axtell1234 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
LOL your funny, yes I would play them because they made the decision to play D4 not D8, but yes you did change it to meet your argument and theory for what end I'm waiting to see here. So lets put the shoe on the other foot oh wait you already said you would and have.

Sorry wrong person I was think of

Now lets say a Pro Team Damage wants to play D4, D3 and D2 if the schedule would allow it is that okay in your book also. Now if I thought my team was ready for them I would play up and take the chance of being classified Pro (fat chance) but you get my meaning???
look at this roster
http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi...dXZP2gch1jTyZh
then look at the other rosters, i know most of ^ team and they didnt come back from that event saying that everyone dropped out of the event nor did they cry to the event organizers to kick them out.

Vicious49 do you need periods and other punctuation to tell you when to stop reading or change the subject??? Sorry for not being your 3rd grade english teacher.,/;:'"!@#$%^&*()
better?
__________________
[center]MASS Media
axtell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:43 AM #100
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtell1234 View Post

Vicious49 Sorry for not being able to type 3rd grade english
Fixed.


Either way, let me simplify this for you so you understand how illogical your argument is. This of course is an extreme example but in your case I don't think subtlety will work.

The initial question: Murder is against the law. Who is catching the murderers?
Your scenario: If someone brings a person back to life, you don't complain so what is the big deal if someone murders a person. It's the same thing.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.

Last edited by Vicious49 : 06-01-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 PM #101
ninjagummibear69
 
 
ninjagummibear69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
ninjagummibear69 plays in the PSP
ninjagummibear69 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball1987 View Post
appreciate the name drop . In case you were wondering I asked about my ranking before hb. I was told it was d2. I have a d1 ranking in psp. Not nppl. Because of the nppl not using appa, they can not hold this against me.

And also, I don't play 7 man. Never have, only played 4 games of it this year prior to the event.
Post under your real name instead of hiding behind some fake keyboard cowboy alias.
last time i checked i thought in nppl you could only have d3 players on a d3 team...
ninjagummibear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:16 PM #102
poopinonyou
 
 
poopinonyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: clarksville tn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
last time i checked i thought in nppl you could only have d3 players on a d3 team...
somone needs a diaper change
__________________
Matt Stewart
rip basic
poopinonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM #103
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!
 
IplayforRelentless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
last time i checked i thought in nppl you could only have d3 players on a d3 team...
IIRC, you're allowed to have two players from a higher rank on your team. So a D3 team could have two D2 players on their roster, etc.
__________________
(Oh!) Oh Mother War! Sleep in your arms tonight, I'm burning. I'm burning for your love.
OG Photo MOB - What's a photo?
flickr - I like to pretend I'm a photographer
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM #104
usafpilot07
East Coast
 
usafpilot07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC *919*
usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So does this mean my NPPL rank has ZERO reflection on my APPA rank? Because obviously it would be illegal for APPA to check and see what my rank is in NPPL.


If any D5 appa teams want a player, hit me up.



__________________
MVPaintballer- "Only problem I have with it is I can't tell when people are emo or gay - so I don't know what to call them during my hate rallies."

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 PM #105
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew
 
dirtykidsbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
dirtykidsbrad plays in the PSP
dirtykidsbrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
But since NPPL has no historical data proving your rank one way or the other, how is your NPPL rank anywhere near as accurate as APPA? Unless of course, they were borrowing data from the APPA.

It seems like NPPL decided to cut costs and it looks like they picked the wrong part of the budget to cut. Either NPPL needs to start using APPA, or start fresh on gathering data and developing their own system.
__________________
Colorado Ascent - Dynamic Paintball
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area

Rival Limited, LLC.
dirtykidsbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump