Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM #64
Syrcuse

all you guys are doing is having a pissing contest instead of making the nppl and
even the psp which wasn't my concern in the first place addressed.there is no way in hell that you can have pro players playing on D2 and semi-pro players playing on D3. It was a smooth move frank from taking danny benitez off the official roster,but letting him play anyways cause hes your buddy,that was priceless.I cant believe frank thinks its ok for people to pay 2000+ dollars and have to play sandbaggers.fix the problem or watch your tournament series dwindle to bankruptcy like all the other times.ill post the video of one of the sandbaggers up later.Which i might add was brought to franks attention.Good job asylum extreme.Outstanding justin price.

Good job chasing new teams away from your tournament series.
Syrcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM #65
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

has been a member for 10 years
I miss the good ole days when you were Pro, Am or Novice. Back when you played against teams that would smash your face into the ground and send you home bleeding from the throat. Those welts were a two week long reminder of why you needed to go out and grind every weekend and play teams that would keep doing that to you again and again until one magic day, you were the team doing that to the other guys. Then you sucked it up and bumped up ranks. Playing a division lower than you should was a humiliation, not a work around. Pride MADE you play against those that would chew you up.....and you LOVED it. *sigh*
paintball_junkie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM #66
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
I miss the good ole days when you were Pro, Am or Novice. Back when you played against teams that would smash your face into the ground and send you home bleeding from the throat. Those welts were a two week long reminder of why you needed to go out and grind every weekend and play teams that would keep doing that to you again and again until one magic day, you were the team doing that to the other guys. Then you sucked it up and bumped up ranks. Playing a division lower than you should was a humiliation, not a work around. Pride MADE you play against those that would chew you up.....and you LOVED it. *sigh*
Yeah, but there are varying degrees of pride and conscience. A formalized system to catch the people who want to cheat the system or are ignorant of the system is perhaps the best method now.

I hate to say it, but we need either one unified system, or separate systems that communicate readily with each other. This is no different in other areas of life in which multiple redundant systems exist without communication. One extreme example resulted in the creation of the Office of Homeland Security, whether you believe in its current function or not.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM #67
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
Yeah, but there are varying degrees of pride and conscience. A formalized system to catch the people who want to cheat the system or are ignorant of the system is perhaps the best method now.

I hate to say it, but we need either one unified system, or separate systems that communicate readily with each other. This is no different in other areas of life in which multiple redundant systems exist without communication. One extreme example resulted in the creation of the Office of Homeland Security, whether you believe in its current function or not.
Well spoken. I very much agree about the communication between the seperate systems ( I believe competition is best for the players versus the monopoly of one system).
paintball_junkie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:29 PM #68
dan426
CEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrcuse View Post
all you guys are doing is having a pissing contest instead of making the nppl and
even the psp which wasn't my concern in the first place addressed.there is no way in hell that you can have pro players playing on D2 and semi-pro players playing on D3. It was a smooth move frank from taking danny benitez off the official roster,but letting him play anyways cause hes your buddy,that was priceless.I cant believe frank thinks its ok for people to pay 2000+ dollars and have to play sandbaggers.fix the problem or watch your tournament series dwindle to bankruptcy like all the other times.ill post the video of one of the sandbaggers up later.Which i might add was brought to franks attention.Good job asylum extreme.Outstanding justin price.

What are you talking about? Danny did not play this event.....And regardless he is ranked D1 on appa just look for yourself.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:21 PM #69
newfie420
ToO FaSt 4 U

newfie420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
newfie420 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
ill . that
newfie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM #70
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
For those of you complaining about COST of APPA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPA site
What does it cost?

The power of the APPA Tournament System is available to your league for a low fee of $4 per player per event, with no charge for team staff or extra players on a roster. For example, no matter how many staff or players are listed on a roster, pricing is:
RaceTo-1/2 / 3-man team: $12 per team per event
RaceTo-2 / 5-man team: $20 per team per event
7-man team: $28 per team per event

RaceTo-4/5/7 or XBall: $36 per team per event
Fees include all of the APPA Tournament System features. There are extra charges if you would like APPA to print ID cards for you, but using the APPA system's tools to print cards yourself is free. You currently need Microsoft Excel to print waivers and scoresheets, and you will need some form of an internet connection at the event location to do computerized scoring. A phone line is sufficient.
Bolded areas are the ones that NPPL/USPL would be concerned with...

$20 and $28 is NOT a lot of money...
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 PM #71
Marinex2hill

Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
From what I do and See that is exactly what happens during practice and on any given day you walk on. But were talking about a competition here a tournament. Thats where you have strict rules that do not allow the Pro/D1/D2/D3 players in the lower divisions (within the rules of course). It is all our responsibility to clean this up and when you see or know about it say something. Then on practice day play who you want when you want, if they will play down then. I totally aggree in playing up, my team D4 first year team with first year players play D2 teams all the time, one because were good and two because they help us out even if we get smashed and now were not getting smashed as often and have even won a few games because they have taught us. So the good old days are still here, we just need to weed out the few that dont play by the rules.........
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 PM #72
rudy jones

rudy jones plays in the USPL
rudy jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM #73
p8ntball1987
Nom Nom Nom

p8ntball1987 is a Supporting Member
p8ntball1987 plays in the PSP
p8ntball1987 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

appreciate the name drop . In case you were wondering I asked about my ranking before hb. I was told it was d2. I have a d1 ranking in psp. Not nppl. Because of the nppl not using appa, they can not hold this against me.

And also, I don't play 7 man. Never have, only played 4 games of it this year prior to the event.
Post under your real name instead of hiding behind some fake keyboard cowboy alias.
p8ntball1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 PM #74
M_Mac_21
Boom Boom

M_Mac_21 plays in the PSP
M_Mac_21 plays in the APPA Pro division
M_Mac_21 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball1987 View Post
appreciate the name drop . In case you were wondering I asked about my ranking before hb. I was told it was d2. I have a d1 ranking in psp. Not nppl. Because of the nppl not using appa, they can not hold this against me.

And also, I don't play 7 man. Never have, only played 4 games of it this year prior to the event.
Post under your real name instead of hiding behind some fake keyboard cowboy alias.
Not according to the 2010 NPPL rulebook...

Last edited by M_Mac_21 : 05-31-2010 at 09:19 PM.
M_Mac_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:17 PM #75
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
I heard a rumor that they were going to disqualify them.. I guess that never happened.

Oh well! Great event anyways
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM #76
Syrcuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball1987 View Post

your team name and division are right in your signature.Your so sharp justin.Anyways,its not up to you too catch yourself.thats what the id cards are for and our 40 dollar contribution to make nppl fair. Im glad the players can contribute to absolutly nothing.
Syrcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 PM #77
Konflict87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinex2hill View Post
From what I do and See that is exactly what happens during practice and on any given day you walk on. But were talking about a competition here a tournament. Thats where you have strict rules that do not allow the Pro/D1/D2/D3 players in the lower divisions (within the rules of course). It is all our responsibility to clean this up and when you see or know about it say something. Then on practice day play who you want when you want, if they will play down then. I totally aggree in playing up, my team D4 first year team with first year players play D2 teams all the time, one because were good and two because they help us out even if we get smashed and now were not getting smashed as often and have even won a few games because they have taught us. So the good old days are still here, we just need to weed out the few that dont play by the rules.........
We all know practice isnt the same. I believe what he was getting at was there used to be pride in Paintball. Playing Against ol school Aftershock, avalanche, image, Ironmen Dynasty, Bobbys Boys etc etc hurt like hell. you got punished but you wanted to play them. Nowadays it seems like everyone is happy staying d2 or d3 forever. Or using the "prize package" isnt worth it crap as an excuse to sandbag.
Konflict87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:00 PM #78
p8ntball1987
Nom Nom Nom

p8ntball1987 is a Supporting Member
p8ntball1987 plays in the PSP
p8ntball1987 plays in the APPA D3 division
We didn't even win the event. Not really sure what all the fuss is about. I most Likley will not be playing an nppl even again. I'm sorry for going off of a ranking the league gave to me. Not to mention I am just one person on a team of 7. Or the fact that i'm not even that good at paintball.

Also, i wasn't trying to be slick. Clearly as I am posting on my name, with my appa in my signature. I also made sure it was ok prior to the event. So keep acting like you caught me breaking rules.

Last edited by p8ntball1987 : 05-31-2010 at 10:02 PM.
p8ntball1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM #79
Marinex2hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict87 View Post
We all know practice isnt the same. I believe what he was getting at was there used to be pride in Paintball. Playing Against ol school Aftershock, avalanche, image, Ironmen Dynasty, Bobbys Boys etc etc hurt like hell. you got punished but you wanted to play them. Nowadays it seems like everyone is happy staying d2 or d3 forever. Or using the "prize package" isnt worth it crap as an excuse to sandbag.
I dont see how they can do that with the rules the way they are: "(6) A “D4-5 Man Player” is a player who has played in two or less D4-5 Man events the previous season. D4 players that have played a full season, must move up to D3-5 Man for the following season" Maybe they should make this a rule for all divisions then that would eliminate that issue. Also I think that if you accumulate enough points during the regular season your placed in the next higher division the at the end of the year? So why is it that so many players are allowed to do this then. Thats the first thing I did before I even started playing was to read the rules. Then the guy above IMO is completely in the wrong here, as a person with any knowledge of the sport YOU should know your own ranking and not rely on anyone else to say what you are?? Confused on that point, If I ever did anything like that i would go out back and kick my own ***. Old School. Maybe this is part of the reason this sport has not taken off IMO to bigger and better things. Oh and due to few D1 teams they did play up in this tournament. So still not sure of the point being made, also I'm very old school and older than IMO, i'd say 98% of the players out there.

Last edited by Marinex2hill : 05-31-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 AM #80
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
your team name and division are right in your signature.Your so sharp justin.Anyways,its not up to you too catch yourself.thats what the id cards are for and our 40 dollar contribution to make nppl fair. Im glad the players can contribute to absolutly nothing.
The rest of the players on our team are ranked d3 or below. I play on the same team as him does that mean i should not have been allowed to play? It seems like too many people are worried about one person instead of playing. And no one tried to sneak anything past the nppl so stop acting like we were breaking the rules. by the way none of us have played any bit of 7 man this year at all nor did we practice for this event.

Last edited by 502 killa : 06-01-2010 at 02:12 AM.
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 AM #81
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Huntington Beach 2009 - Ex-pro players playing D2 7 man. APPA was used.

"Sandbagging" is going to happen in some form or another, whether an awesome system is used or not. It appears, however, that the APPA has player rankings down pretty well, and it is very hard for a team to get away with what would be deemed as an illegal roster.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 AM #82
Marinex2hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post

"Sandbagging" is going to happen in some form or another, whether an awesome system is used or not. It appears, however, that the APPA has player rankings down pretty well, and it is very hard for a team to get away with what would be deemed as an illegal roster.
Yep just went and looked at a few rosters and to my susprise a few have this WOW is all I can say. Not sure if they were classed at the end of the season or before though and I didnt add up the numbers. Question does a staff player receive credit = scores for the team also. Looked at a few others also and the staff received credit also???? I also use APPA and have never received credit for being staff/coach.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 AM #83
Marinex2hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
The rest of the players on our team are ranked d3 or below. I play on the same team as him does that mean i should not have been allowed to play? It seems like too many people are worried about one person instead of playing. And no one tried to sneak anything past the nppl so stop acting like we were breaking the rules. by the way none of us have played any bit of 7 man this year at all nor did we practice for this event. Just stop acting like a punk for real
The reason were concerned about this is to put a stop to it whenever it is caught. I have been looking at your rosters and his and I personally have found a few issues and will bring it to the proper folks in the NPPL. I will let them handle what I think I have found. Thanks for helping destroy the integrity of the sport champ.

Forgot will let PSP know also.

Last edited by Marinex2hill : 06-01-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 AM #84
axtell1234
HAS NO CONCEPT

axtell1234 plays in the PSP
axtell1234 helped look for balloons
axtell1234 plays in the APPA D2 division
axtell1234 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post

^^^ he has a point!! ^^^
I played with the team you speak of and there were two ex pros on our team and a ex semi pro... on a d2 team yet there wasnt a big thread full of people crying about people playing out of rank. I have played D432 the last two years but never played a NPPL event, when i went to HB to get my ID (which i pre ordered online) i got an id with my name and rank as D4? whats the problem?
if a D5 team signed up to play D2, Ill bet a pay check that no D2 team would go up to team and say, hey your playing out of rank and we dont wanna play your team for that reason
OH EVEN WITH THOSE PLAYERS WE DIDNT WIN
WE DIDNT CRY NOR DID ANY OF THE TEAMS WE PLAYED
Just my .02

Last edited by axtell1234 : 06-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.
axtell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote