Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 PM #43
plastic
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
The only two responses to your post were personal insults. I say you have a very valid argument and applaud you for ****ting on the NPPL.
.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM #44
chloe.is.whale.huge.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
its funny because today at the nppl, nppl officials cited someones ranking through appa as a reason for there rank in nppl. just saying. The nppl is run like a regional series compared to the psp, also my photo id was never checked when getting my player id.
__________________
NPPL
CALIFORNIA PB IS THE BEST!!!!!!
razaLIFE
chloe.is.whale.huge. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:14 PM #45
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle
 
NkdMangina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MN
NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Pretty sure they caught ppl today.

Keep up the great work nppl!!
__________________
DoyleRealEstateTeam.com - Vintage Paintball Park - YouTube Channel - Team Zero - Ninja - LLPaintball
2nd Place - NPPL Pump Division Series 2011
2nd Place - NPPL Pump Division Chicago 2011
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM #46
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force
 
Buckfrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sitting at my desk
Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches7er View Post
raehl,

really your one hell of a busness man! way to sell your self and your product, your post here show just why you dont have a gig with nppl anymore, they proubly gave your *** the boot because they didnt want to deal with a dickhead like your self.
Clown.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:19 PM #47
Ches7er
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: rocky gap, va
Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar2b8 View Post
well.. next time you guys wanna walk into a store a start shoplifting see if the owner of the store is nice to you. Im not saying that chris always acts the best way he could.. but if they are taking his information without paying for it.. i think he has a good reason to be mad...

maby he should make a system so they cant..... i dont feel thats its right for ANYONE to steal someones work its has happened to me and it sucks but there is still a way to be professional about it.
__________________
Fat ballers club
Ches7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 PM #48
Laderook
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Actually, NPPL *DOES* (try to) use our services, they just steal them and hope no one notices.

Just prior to HB, NPPL apparently convinced one of our smaller clients to let NPPL use their login so NPPL could still get some of the benefits of using APPA without having to contribute to APPA like every other league does.

We shut that login down, so they called other leagues to see if THEY would help NPPL steal access to APPA. (Those others said no.)

So, if it seems like I may be paying a little extra attention to the registration situation with NPPL, it's because I am - it seems warranted since we have already caught them stealing from us this year.


Lots of leagues have chosen, for one reason or another, not to use APPA services. None of them have chosen not to do so, claimed to have a new equally functional system, and then tried to make their system work by stealing from the system they claim they don't need.


So, when NPPL tells you that they are doing a 'virtually perfect' job of checking rosters, I think it's perfectly fair to let their customers when that is not true.


- Chris

Chris,

I don't know if you know much about business and business law, but unless you have solid evidence of this I would watch what you say. There is such a thing as defamation, specifically libel, that the NPPL could slam you with if these "facts" that you are claiming are not true.

As from a business stand point, I don't know your affiliation with the APPA and what not, but having someone disrespect other leagues based on unpublished, other than here, information is very unprofessional. If I were the APPA and they actually want to be seen as a professional league, I would recommend terminating you if you work for them. They don't need to have bad publicity like this. People don't want to be associated with a company/business/league that goes around trying to get support by bashing others. Especially by releasing information that may be untrue.

Just a thought, I'm sure plenty of people will bash what I just said, but I think people need to think about that. I mean if you are going to do it to the NPPL then who knows what other league you will do it to if they decide to go on their own. Or how about companies that decide not to come to APPA events anymore, are you going to start making stuff up about them or releasing confidential information about them and using it to bash them. Think about that.
Laderook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:42 PM #49
Konflict87
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderook View Post
Chris,

I don't know if you know much about business and business law, but unless you have solid evidence of this I would watch what you say. There is such a thing as defamation, specifically libel, that the NPPL could slam you with if these "facts" that you are claiming are not true.

As from a business stand point, I don't know your affiliation with the APPA and what not, but having someone disrespect other leagues based on unpublished, other than here, information is very unprofessional. If I were the APPA and they actually want to be seen as a professional league, I would recommend terminating you if you work for them. They don't need to have bad publicity like this. People don't want to be associated with a company/business/league that goes around trying to get support by bashing others. Especially by releasing information that may be untrue.

Just a thought, I'm sure plenty of people will bash what I just said, but I think people need to think about that. I mean if you are going to do it to the NPPL then who knows what other league you will do it to if they decide to go on their own. Or how about companies that decide not to come to APPA events anymore, are you going to start making stuff up about them or releasing confidential information about them and using it to bash them. Think about that.
Chris is the APPA.its his baby thats why he gets so crazy bout it
Konflict87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 PM #50
Laderook
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict87 View Post
Chris is the APPA.its his baby thats why he gets so crazy bout it
Ok fair enough but it is a bad way to do business. And he needs to realize that the APPA isn't perfect either. Every company/business/league/etc. has it's flaws and bashing others is not the way to do business, if you just bash others, it puts more attention on them rather than any on yourself anyway.
Laderook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM #51
Marinex2hill
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Marinex2hill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Understanding Bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderook View Post
Chris,

I don't know if you know much about business and business law, but unless you have solid evidence of this I would watch what you say. There is such a thing as defamation, specifically libel, that the NPPL could slam you with if these "facts" that you are claiming are not true.

As from a business stand point, I don't know your affiliation with the APPA and what not, but having someone disrespect other leagues based on unpublished, other than here, information is very unprofessional. If I were the APPA and they actually want to be seen as a professional league, I would recommend terminating you if you work for them. They don't need to have bad publicity like this. People don't want to be associated with a company/business/league that goes around trying to get support by bashing others. Especially by releasing information that may be untrue.

Just a thought, I'm sure plenty of people will bash what I just said, but I think people need to think about that. I mean if you are going to do it to the NPPL then who knows what other league you will do it to if they decide to go on their own. Or how about companies that decide not to come to APPA events anymore, are you going to start making stuff up about them or releasing confidential information about them and using it to bash them. Think about that.
Geeze Folks, all I have seen from the original OP was who cleans up the sandbaggers. Going way off topic here, as a new person to paintball and the tournament scene it really pisses me off to have to play D1 and D2 players on a D4 begineer team. Ummmmmmmm and nothing is wrong with that?. Oh I forgot what do you say Man Up or nut up or whatever you say that makes no sense anyway. Rules state that one player one division removed is allowed on the roster of a D4 team. Pretty simple rule but so many folks that just want to win and have no respect for the game and sportsmanship enter under false and misleading ways. I have looked at the so called system and have seen this also and if anyone cares to look into it they will also see it and its not just a few either. Then I call the league and system folks and all they say is its a new system it will get cleaned up next year, thats pure BS in my book because they know its going on and do nothing about it. But thats okay thats how to run a league and run it into the ground thats also good business right? And the friend of the league owner give me a break you all know what is going on and I have only just started to play geeze folks does anyone know what honor is anymore. Dont worry folks as i move up the ladder you will all get a shot at me hope you dont miss.
Marinex2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:28 AM #52
wadobb
Wigsplitter
 
wadobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hendersonville, TN
 has been a member for 10 years
If one company hurts another by unfair practice, that is a case for the courts, not the forums.

Paintball is struggling enough as it is, so I wish that this crap could be settled in a more professional manner (Id systems and sandbagging).

With the struggle, I wondered before I ever saw this post why NPPL didn't use APPA. Their system does seem weak, certainly weaker than the APPA, and they can't afford to develop one. Reading this post, I remembered how challenging it can be to deal with Chris. Good system, not so good customer service, but I respect what he does. I just hope that the reason why we don't have a single National ranking system is because of a professional reason and not pride, because I think that it would benefit the players. If Chris had a good PR/customer service person, we might actually have a National ranking system; and that was not meant to bash Chris in any way.

Sack up and play paintball? Seriously? Playing down is weak, it is for losers. Sack up and play the division you belong in. If you don't, you are hurting the sport and cheating better people than yourself out of their money. There are reasons for playing one division down, like helping a junior team grow, or because you really aren't able to play that level anymore. The league needs, and has a provision for dropping a players ranking where appropriate.

Sandbagging will never go away and it will never be anything less than weak and sad. So instead of telling players with a legitimate complaint to sack up, tell the cowards that sandbag because they can't win at their level to sack up. All players should condemn known sandbaggers publicly, and the two national leagues should do everything that they can AFFORD to do to stop it. Why we aren't unified on this, I have no idea. This violation affects the games and outcome much more so than a bouncing gun. It isn't cute or cool to fool the system so that you can beat up on less experienced players.

Last edited by wadobb : 05-30-2010 at 08:32 AM.
wadobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:01 AM #53
smarthomes
 
smarthomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
It appears as if the NPPL has a problem. Sandbagging will not only hurt their league, but it hurts paintball. It's a pretty big financial commitment to compete in a National league and if you don't feel like you are being protected and getting a fair shake it will sour your feelings towards the game. This is especially true for the beginner teams that are just starting out. They are the future of our sport and the leagues need to do their best to make sure they have great experiences and at the very least are not cheated.

The APPA is quickly building a monopoly on player data- plus it's not cheap. So, I can see why the NPPL doesn't want to use the APPA, but for now it's the best solution we have. It would take a competing registration system several years to catch up. I don't think the NPPL can afford to wait that long.
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM #54
ionballer00
NK...
 
ionballer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: kentucky
ionballer00 plays in the PSP
ionballer00 is an NCPA player
ionballer00 plays in the APPA D4 division
Just look at the amount of teams that play NPPL vs PSP...PSP has more teams in D4 5man then NPPL has in all their divisions.
__________________
NKU
Cincinnati Paintball
ionballer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:26 PM #55
honky
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
honky is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
honky plays in the PSP
honky plays in the APPA D2 division
Thumbs up

Someone made a real funny video about it on Saturday and promised to post it on youtube. We shall see if it shows up shortly
honky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:54 PM #56
FishieTech
Nick Martin
 
FishieTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 607
FishieTech is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by honky View Post
Someone made a real funny video about it on Saturday and promised to post it on youtube. We shall see if it shows up shortly
D1 player playing on a D3 team? It was ridiculous when he made some bs excuse as to why he didnt have his ID.
__________________
CXIPhoto | AllThingsAdrenaline.com | thePhotoMob
FishieTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 PM #57
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN
 
yankeesrule0330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The 610 SOPENN
yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
The only two responses to your post were personal insults. I say you have a very valid argument and applaud you for ****ting on the NPPL.
DOT.

this thread is great. will read again
yankeesrule0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 PM #58
helloproto12
Rimkus
 
helloproto12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chi-town
helloproto12 plays in the PSP
helloproto12 is playing at Living Legends III
helloproto12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
helloproto12 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by honky View Post
Someone made a real funny video about it on Saturday and promised to post it on youtube. We shall see if it shows up shortly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieTech View Post
D1 player playing on a D3 team? It was ridiculous when he made some bs excuse as to why he didnt have his ID.
let me know when you find that vid
__________________
University of Illinois | College of Business -- ΣΧ
Chicagoland Paintball
------------

Luxe 2.0
helloproto12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 PM #59
ego 321
 
 
ego 321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
ego 321 plays in the USPL
ego 321 donated to help Peyton Trent
ego 321 helped look for balloons
ego 321 supports Team VICIOUS
ego 321 is for the Gunfight
ego 321 plays in the APPA D4 division
frank does a good job
__________________
Indianapolis Mutiny fan Club #17 MUTINY ARMY 4 LIFE
VICIOUS
ego 321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:43 PM #60
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L
 
Alpha Q Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 has been a member for 10 years
Alpha Q Up plays in the PSP
Alpha Q Up owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up supports Empire
why is everyone arguing? APPA is the **** . there is no better system. every league should use it. it keeps tournaments legit. end. of. story. . .
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:48 PM #61
Shawnson
Shawn Johnson
 
Shawnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego 321 View Post
frank does a good job
would you like to elaborate on that
__________________
Colorado Crash
I KILL 4 DON
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:

EMPIRE///PLANET//BLITZ//DYNAMIC//APC//KEE//
"God Doesn't Take Our Children, He Recieves Them,..R.I.P. Teryn"

* Copied and pasted from my captains sig so he will stop giving me **** about my lame sig, better now AJ?
Shawnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 PM #62
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieTech View Post
D1 player playing on a D3 team? It was ridiculous when he made some bs excuse as to why he didnt have his ID.
What team?

NEPL had their own system a few years ago before going APPA. Pretty labor intensive, but it was also backed by players knowing each other and being involved in the system.
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:50 PM #63
GeminiOFL
 
 
GeminiOFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
GeminiOFL is playing at Living Legends III
GeminiOFL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GeminiOFL supports Team VICIOUS
GeminiOFL is for the Gunfight
GeminiOFL supports Bob Gurnsey
GeminiOFL supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderook View Post
Chris,

I don't know if you know much about business and business law, but unless you have solid evidence of this I would watch what you say. There is such a thing as defamation, specifically libel, that the NPPL could slam you with if these "facts" that you are claiming are not true.

As from a business stand point, I don't know your affiliation with the APPA and what not, but having someone disrespect other leagues based on unpublished, other than here, information is very unprofessional. If I were the APPA and they actually want to be seen as a professional league, I would recommend terminating you if you work for them. They don't need to have bad publicity like this. People don't want to be associated with a company/business/league that goes around trying to get support by bashing others. Especially by releasing information that may be untrue.

Just a thought, I'm sure plenty of people will bash what I just said, but I think people need to think about that. I mean if you are going to do it to the NPPL then who knows what other league you will do it to if they decide to go on their own. Or how about companies that decide not to come to APPA events anymore, are you going to start making stuff up about them or releasing confidential information about them and using it to bash them. Think about that.
The APPA is Chris, Chris is the APPA and although it would be libel, I am sure he has solid evidence since he can track log ins and data bandwidth from each account. Would be odd for a old account, who's habits are noted to start flying through the player database grabbing as much info as possible. The APPA has no publicity, because its only open to the Paintball Public, most if not all Tournament players already have a viewpoint on the APPA and as humans, we are as stubborn as that splinter in your finger. We won't change our viewpoint. It is what it is.
__________________
MACDEV Clone

MACDEV MILITIA
GeminiOFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump